The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Hello everyone!

introduction new hello

6 replies to this topic

#1 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

I know, not the most awe inspiring of titles, but what can you do?

Anyways hi everyone, I'm Noelle. I, like all of you, read and loved the Mistborn novels, and in fact Brandon Sanderson is my favorite author! I however find myself in a bad place, because as far as I know he doesn't have any new books coming out soon and I can only reread all his books every year or so. (and I just did D:)

So, here I am, a girl with far too much free time hoping to enter this world within a world you've made and have some fun.

But before I do so I have some questions that need answering, if you'd be so kind as to help me it would be much appreciated.

To start with, after looking at the "wanted characters" sheet (and seeing how complicated the noble houses seemed >__>; ) I decided to make a skaa rebel. I was thinking of a female coinshot. There's more to her then that, but I was just wondering if there was an overabundance of coinshots and if I should, instead, look for another misting power?

Also, if I am a skaa rebel, who should I know? As in what character bios should I go out and read? Any threads that are of great importance?

Finally, I saw on the "wanted characters" sheet that people didn't want badass loner types, and that confuses me because wouldn't badass loner types be hard to roleplay, what with them not wanting to interact with others, so why would there be an over abundance of them? And is it okay for my character to be badass but not a loner? or are you looking for characters with neither trait?

Edited by Noelle, 11 December 2012 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hello Noelle! Welcome here!

The so-called "badass loner" type is, exactly as you have said, difficult to role play, which is why we discourage people from making them. Despite this, we have found it is a fairly common submission. Personally, I think it has to do with writers unintentionally emulating characters they see in fiction, since the badass loner is a common protagonist in many different genres, and escapist tendencies which lead to people writing about characters they wish they could be, rather than those they think would be interesting to write about. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong and there might be many other reasons why these types of characters pop up, but the fact is we got enough submissions that we thought a mention in the characters wanted section was warranted.

Don't worry too much about your character being a little rough around the edges, or even shy or resentful of other people. Both personality traits can be used in really interesting and creative ways to create really dynamic characters. We just want to make sure people are making characters for the right reasons, and that they will get the most out of their RP experience, and in the past we've found that characters who combine these two traits sometimes have difficulty integrating into the RP environment (as you have indicated in your post above).

Hope that answers your first question, sorry if I rambled. As far as I know, most (if not all) of our active coinshots are noble, or run in noble circles, thus one would be most welcome in the rebellion. As for rebellion characters, a quick jaunt over to the skaa section of the boards should suffice. In particular, you will want to look at Ignas, the rebellion leader, Trev, one of his second in commands, Perrin, the rebellion's Mistborn, and maybe (if you aren't tired after reading about the major players), Nessa, who is involved with both rebellion cells, Daphne and Valerre, who are members of the brothel rebel cell, and perhaps Maks and Eriann, who are members of the Lan's shop cell. Other new characters who might be joining the rebellion in the near future include Eythen, Vari, and Lyr, but since they aren't directly involved in the rebellion (yet), you could save those apps until you have to interact with them if you wish. Gethen Sureau's app also contains useful information about the history of the rebellion, if you are interested.

Other than that, a quick scan of the threads in Lan's Shop and the Brothel should get you up to speed with the rebellion and acquainted with its members. Reading of the rebellion viewpoints in the Casuana Ball parts 1, 2, and 3 will also be useful (don't worry, the ball is huge, but most of the posts are noble based, so there is less reading than you think, especially in parts one and two. Actually, you could probably get away with only reading the end of part two and part three). Other than that, the prologue, the story thus far, and the skaa part of the guide to the final empire all have some tidbits that might be worth your notice.

Sorry if that reading list is a bit intimidating, I just thought I'd give you as much as possible. It's up to you to decide how much you read, so don't feel obligate to read it all. Pick and choose what you feel is relevant or useful in the creation of your character. If you are interested in the rebellion, I think most the the current recruitment is being done through the rebellion cell hidden in the brothel, so that's probably where we will try to work your character in, but we can talk more about that later.

Hope this all helps. If any of that sounds silly or confusing, feel free to call me on it and I will do my best to clarify. Once again, welcome here, and I hope the reading list did not scare you. I repeat, just read what you want, there's no need to read it all.

Cheers!

Posted Image

#3 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thank you for all the reading material! I read Ignas, Trev, and Perrin's apps, as well as the end of part two and all of part three of the ball, but it leaves me confused if I'm honest! See the ball doesn't seem, erm, finished. What happened to it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Part of it was finished in After Death, another part was finished in According to Plan.

Those are the two that come to mind.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#5 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

That's probably because the ball isn't finished haha. It's still an open topic. If you need to know what happens, generally, most of the rebellion members escape, but not unscathed, and Keep Casuana is severely damaged by the fire. The ball has been notoriously slow going (lots of characters involved), so we decided to work ahead once the general direction of events was established. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Posted Image

#6 StormAtlas

Skaa

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey Noelle I know Im a bit behind in saying welcome, but Welcome! I hope we get to rp together soon

#7 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thank you! I look forward to it ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users