The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Greetings!

9 replies to this topic

#1 RabowJastor

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hello! I've rececently found this online RP and am eager to try my hand. I think I have a good handle on the basic outline of the game, but can anyone get me up to speed on the most recent events? Also, how rapidly in real life does time pass in the game?

I just read something saying that there's a workshop thread somewhere where I can post the beginnings of my character idea and get feedback; I'm going to look for that but if anyone can directly link me that'd be swell. Beyond that, anyone who just wants to say hello or give me advice, please feel free to reply or PM me!

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hello Darnam! Welcome here! And thanks for the PM, I'm glad you touched base with me. Sorry I took a little while to get back to you. It's a busy time of year and it is difficult for me to get to my computer more than once or twice a day sometimes.

Now that welcomes are out of the way, let's see if I can answer some of your questions.

First of all, there is no set timing system in the game. We write at our own pace, and different players have difference paces. Some post a lot, some post less, some post in spurts, some post regularly, and some do a combination of all of these things depending on what their life situation is like at the time.

The great thing is, while at times you might have to wait a while for certain topics to move forward, if you are bored you can always just create another topic (or even a new character if you are feeling inspired). While we DO restrict players to posting within the current cycle or before (which means no going beyond the ball at the end of week 2 as of yet), any of the days or times in that range are free game. This means that, as long as you are making an effort to maintain continuity, and can handle keeping track of your characters timeline, you can post in as many days or times as you want. To help players keep track of time in the RP, we've devised The Universal Continuity Thread, which should cater to all your timing needs. If you have any questions about timing in the RP or the Universal Continuity Thread let me know.

It looks like you've found the workshop thread, but if you have any more questions about how it works, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Again, welcome here! Now I'm off to check out your character post :)

Posted Image

#3 StormAtlas

Skaa

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hey welcome! I'm new here as well (dont even have my character yet! ) so maybe we can all start off together

#4 Mailliw73

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

I am also new, but working on a character
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#5 StormAtlas

Skaa

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Noob alliance?

#6 Mailliw73

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Oh yea!!!

And if you happen to make a noble character, pm me

Edited by Wilor, 18 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#7 RabowJastor

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

My character is actually a skaa artisan, and a member of the rebellion. Check out Darnam in the Workshop if you want to share backstory! The plot-hooks I currently have available are: a specific House to own me, and my apprentice who will most likely be a member of the rebellion. Open to any other suggestions of how your characters would interact with a skaa cobbler!

#8 Mailliw73

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

My house, House Zerrung(when approved) would like this contract with Darnam. I have a plan to how it could be used
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#9 RabowJastor

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Do any of the admins know if there's a process for this? Do we need to fill out some manner of application to officially have Dar owned by House Zerrung, or if we simply say it does that make it true?

#10 Mailliw73

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have no idea. I think we just need to have a Mutual agreement

Edited by Mailliw73, 23 December 2012 - 03:04 AM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users