The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Rebellion

Rebellion

13 replies to this topic

#1 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Ok, I am slightly confused. I believe there are different branches of the rebellion. But I am confused as to what they are specifically. Would someone please clear that up? Thanks

Edited by Mailliw73, 23 December 2012 - 05:51 AM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

There are currently two major playable cells, as well as some smaller NPC cells, with more major playable cells to come!

The two open ones right now are: Lan's Shop (an operations cell) and The Brothel Cell (an information gathering cell).

Posted Image

#3 Mailliw73

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

So is Ignas in charge of everything, like for example I know that there is Jonesi, where does he fit in?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#4 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

That's a question for Lanscaper. As far as I know, Jonesi has been part of the rebellion in the past, and may be sympathetic to them, but I don't think he's directly affiliated with the current incarnation of the rebellion (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Lanscaper).

It's important not to get the rebellion confused with the underground. The rebellion is part of the underground, but it also includes many different skaa thieving crews, individual informants, and complete or portions of larger intelligence networks.

Posted Image

#5 StormAtlas

Skaa

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

As far as I understand it, and Lanscaper please correct if i get this wrong but Jonesi is part of the underground. He was at one point involved in the rebellion but mostly he just works with thieving crews out of the shop he heads ( the shop is owned by the Mesons) but at the moment hes trying to stay under the radar

#6 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, that's right. Jonesi is mostly involved with the underground, but the nature of the Rebellion and the Underground make it so that there is some overlap in terms of skill sets and information access. Jonesi knows people on both sides of the line, and also knows several others that straddle that line like he does.

The best way to think of Jonesi is like the underground counterpart to Marsh. Where Marsh was fully a Rebellion member, he knew the underground fairly well and would participate in parts of underground operations from time to time. Jonesi is a member of the underground, but it is not beyond him to pull jobs or help the Rebellion in ways that pose acceptably low risk to his family.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#7 Mailliw73

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Ok thanks
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#8 RabowJastor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

So, how, as a PC, would my character become part of a cell? Once I submit him and if he's approved, will I then have to begin the process of working him into the Rebellion, or can he start as an established Rebellion member? Who (both PC and player) are in charge of each cell?

#9 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Either choice (having him integrated within the RP, or coming in with him already established) works. All rebellion cells are overseen by Ignas, and thus Chaos can help you with most of your rebellion needs. The Brothel Cell is overseen by Tura (a character who has yet to be written), with Trev taking up the action side of things, and Lan's Shop is lead by Lan, who is an NPC.

Overall, the rebellion cells don't work quite like noble houses in that they are all unified in command, thus talking things over with any of the admins should suffice.

Posted Image

#10 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

It would be logistically easier to write as though your character had already been recruited into the RP. Throughout the history of MBI, we've seen a lot of people have difficulty being recruited in-character, though it has worked before. You'll probably get more immediate RPing opportunity if you decide to have your character recruited offscreen. Of course, if you still want to RP it out at some point, you can always use the Flashbacks board. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 RabowJastor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yes, I very much want to establish that my character has been part of the rebellion all along. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should leap in? I can open a thread in the Commercial District (which is where I'd imagine his shop to be), and see who pops up to join me. I'm trying to catch up on recent events, but are there any rebels that were injured during the Ball at the end of last cycle who might need medical attention?

The other obvious option is, what currently active threads involve rebels, and would make sense for a character such as myself to enter into? Something in Lan's shop?

Or I suppose my first post doesn't have to be rebellion themed, and I can just be delivering a box of boots or taking a shoe order. I would like to establish how important the rebellion is to my character, however, so I'd prefer that to be his first entrance into our collective little story here.

Any brainstorms, anyone?

#12 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'll need to check with Borborygmus first to be sure, but my rebel character, Nessa, just ran away from the hospital. She's sick, and took a pretty bad beating recently, but her healing has been slow because the rebellion can't afford to let her burn pewter very much in a Ministry-run hospital and risk being noticed. I really want Nessa to get back on her feet soon, so a rebel safehouse like Darnam's, where she can still get medical care and burn pewter to speed her recovery would be a great option. Perhaps Trev, her teacher (played by Borborygmus) can bring her there when she balks at going back to the hospital.

Also, Noelle, if you can think of a reason for Elle to be there, perhaps that could be where she and Nessa meet for the first time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 RabowJastor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

KChan, on 04 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I really want Nessa to get back on her feet soon, so a rebel safehouse like Darnam's, where she can still get medical care and burn pewter to speed her recovery would be a great option.

That sounds great! If people are on board, I can start a post at the shop (at night?) that Perrin and you could join. Perhaps Dar is asleep in bed, and Perrin carries you nearby, then uses weak, rapidly alternating Pushes and Pulls to "rattle" on my window latch to wake me up? Or it doesn't have to be at night if people can think of another way to sneak you guys in (specifically how badly off are you? Walking wounded? Which thread can I read to check on your injuries?).

I was actually not planning on having a Smoker. I partially thought that I didn't want to assume I had such an amazing safehouse, but also I wanted to throw in some imperfections to make it more interesting. Is that, do you think, too restrictive? If it's literally enough to completely invalidate me as a safehouse, I'll just establish that my current apprentice is a Smoker (or maybe the rebellion 'loans' me a Smoker to take on as a temporary apprentice while you are my 'guest'). Besides that, would Perrin be willing to stick around and Smoke you for a few hours at a time to aid your recovery?

Should we start moving this to the "Plotting" thread, now that we're getting so specific? Also, I don't know how much planning people typically do before just leaping into the roleplay and seeing what happens (I know I'm an over-planner, so personally I'd be comfortable not starting the thread until we've outlined pretty much the entire encounter, but I realize that's likely WAY more planning than the average person would find fun, and I'm totally willing to compromise on that.)

#14 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing about moving to plotting, so I went ahead and started a topic. Hapy planning!

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users