The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Of Rumors, Payment, and Shady Characters

W1 D4 NT Camille Deveaux Julian Casuana

33 replies to this topic

#21 Camille Deveaux

• Daughter of Lord Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

..... dumbness. Right. Either this man was a dumber skaa than even he thought, or he was a nobleman, and a very bad actor at that. Then again, "Cassi" had met some pretty dumb skaa.

"Yes, well. That's all well and good," Cassi continued, the grin slipping just a little from murderous intent to impish amusement, "but there's still the matter of payment. A girl has to eat, you know.

"So, what'll it be? Have you remembered anything, or are you going to try and tell me mist is wet?"

Posted Image

#22 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

• Relationship StatusMarried to Mia Casuana

• OriginAustrex, Southern Dominance

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:39 AM

Focus, Julian thought, or else you won't live to see Mia again.

What did he know that Cassi already didn't? The nobility would have made quantum leaps in their gossip in the two weeks of absence, so Julian couldn't make a convincing lie about anything. It'd need to be something with the Great Houses, since he asked about Casuana. That ruled out spreading rumors of Buvidas or Erikeller, two lower Houses Julian was familiar with.

What was so juicy that no one knows about? Julian knew a lot about Casuana and its holdings, but maybe things changed since Mia came into power. Unless...

Cassi didn't mention that when mentioning Casuana!

"No, of course not," he growled. "What I meant, you stupid skaa, is something black just occurred among the nobility. Something everyone is missing."

Dangerous territory. But, what was keeping everything in if he didn't survive tomorrow?

"The Lord Julian Casuana," he said. "My sources say his death is... questionable, at best. Odd circumstances, that. Not a natural death, for sure."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

Camille ignored his calling her a "stupid skaa" - except to note that he was almost definitely a nobleman, or else a superb skaa actor trying to foster instability in the aristocracy - and instead latched onto what he said: Julian Casuana's death... not natural? Mia certainly hadn't mentioned any possibility of foul play, and Camille had been certain that if such were the case, she would be called upon for revenge.

"Hmmm," came Cassi's voice, still grinning. "Intriguing indeed. Very good."

The grin vanished. "But not good enough," she continued offhandedly. "You're off to a good start, but I need more than guesses. Convince me, and you'll get what you want."

Posted Image

#24 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:58 AM

"I have logic and names for you, good Cassi," Julian said. "Now, everyone knows Casuana is weak after Lucius's murder from the skaa. Do you really find it so hard to believe that the skaa would not sneak into their Keep and murder Julian?

"Perhaps it wasn't a murder. I don't know, I'm just a skaa who hears things. But come on. A lord who suddenly dies from natural causes? Sounds weird to me. And it should sound weird to you, too.

"You want proof? Talk to the Casuana Terrisman, Delzen. I'd bet he knows something. Dunno if he'd talk to the likes of you, but if you're clever enough, who knows?"

Delzen knew about Julian's "death". It was an easily verifiable name, and may give Cassi pause. Pause enough for him to run away, that is. More importantly, Delzen was nothing if not loyal. He would never divulge secrets like that.

"If nothing else, you have my record to stand for. One to zero. You must admit, ash is indeed black." Julian smirked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:15 AM

Camille frowned. She tried to make it look like she was thinking over this new information, but in reality, that smirk she had just seen struck a familiar chord with Camille. Other people might have discarded it, but Camille had an eye for detail and could read volumes into every minute one.

No way. It can't be.

But then again, could it?

Cassi sighed, leaning back against the wall and letting her grin slip relaxedly back into place. "Very well, Mistwraith Blood," she said at last. If anything else, knowing that people were starting such rumors was a very good thing. "I will consider myself paid.

"You wanted to know why Venture seems to still want to negotiate with Casuana," she continued in an almost casual way, her impish yet relaxed grin implying that she enjoyed giving information but cared little for the people of whom she spoke. "Well. For one thing, Ewing was the only House that got cut off. Venture... well. They're still getting weapons from Casuana, just not near what they planned. Good enough reason to keep talking, I suppose.

"And then, why else would the Venture heir ask Lord Deveaux's daughter - one of Casuana's strongest allies - to the Casuana ball? Everyone knows he's too straightforward to ask her just to get closer to Lady Casuana."

Posted Image

#26 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

Lord Ruler! Julian thought. Mia's going to get suitors! She was, after all, a newly eligible bachlorette in charge of a powerful Great House. Plus, some nobles were attracted to tall women.

"Are you saying Nevan is attempting to get with Mia, but is just a fool going about it?" Damn it, she's my tall woman! Not anyone else's!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:37 AM

"Didn't I just tell you that's not his style?" Cassi snapped. She was about to continue, but then again....

"Of course," Cassi continued casually, her grin deepening, "you're paying me for information, not my opinion. Everyone knows young Nevan Venture is quite the obedient son. Think of that what you will."

Posted Image

#28 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:18 AM

He stepped backwards, puzzled. "So... let me get this right," Julian said, "you're saying that Ellsworth Venture has a thing for Lady Casuana, and is using Nevan to get to her?" He smirked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

Cassi frowned, and it was only partly because that smirk kept pulling at something in her memory. That's it. If this is what we've come to, I have better things I could be doing.

"If you have nothing more productive to say than that," her raspy voice growled irritably, "then we're finished here. Was there anything else?"

Posted Image

#30 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

"I was joking," Julian said. "You know that, right? Excuse me, for trying to lighten the mood."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Camille had to refrain from rolling her eyes. Not out of fear of offending her client, of course - for one thing, she was pretty sure threatening to kill him had already accomplished that, and for another, he couldn't see her eyes anyways - but rather because such an action would have taken her gaze away from where it needed to be: the man in front of her.

"Yes, well," Cassi's voice rasped. "You can still answer the question. Was there anything else?"

Posted Image

#32 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

"Just an obligation, Cassi," Julian huffed, "to meet again, five days from now. Two days from the Casuana Ball--two days afterwards because I know enough to know informants are real busy the day after a Ball. Gossip and such. So, the night after that... let's talk. I'll make it worth your while--perhaps give you something more solid about Lord Casuana."

Naturally, it would have to be fake solid information about himself. He couldn't give himself away too soon, especially not to some unknown skaa informant. Julian however would need information about what happened at the Ball.

Especially if Mia died.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Camille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Cassi grinned.

"Five days," she repeated. "I don't think I've anything to do that night, so fine. Same time as tonight, five blocks east of here and three blocks north, in the old warehouse district. If you're smart, you'll figure out the codes. We've already spoken them once, tonight."

Posted Image

#34 Julian Casuana

• Former Lord Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age28

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

Joy, subterfuge, he thought. But this was an informant. Of course there would be subterfuge.

He smiled. "Codes? I'll just be screaming 'Mistblood, mistblood' until you shut me up for not being inconspicuous enough." Julian winked. Was it strange to enjoy these meetings--if they can be called "enjoyment" for almost being killed--so much?

He walked away, thinking to himself. Mistblood. Interesting image. The thought took his mind off of the pain. Things were good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users