The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Rebellion Smoker #2

Skaa

8 replies to this topic

#1 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Name: None specified. Just make it a believable skaa name.
Powers: Smoker
Role: Smoker for the skaa rebellion, soon-to-be cobbler's apprentice

Other Pertinent Information: This character must have already Snapped and been recruited into the rebellion. However, this should have happened recently, and the character should be inexperienced as both an Allomancer and as a rebellion member. After being accepted, the character will be assigned to work at a safehouse run by the skaa cobbler Darnam, acting as both an apprentice and a Smoker. This assignment will be given in actual RP, so don't include that part in the character's history.

Approve Before Accepting?: No

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Character Proposal

My plans for this character if I am accepted is a newbie in Rebellion and someone who is inexperienced with both of the requirements, but is eager to learn. He is ready to help the rebellion at whatever cost but is sometimes too jumpy and too eager. He Snapped a month ago. He is 18 years old. He is the youngest son of an older tailor Skaa, who was ready for him to get out of the house. The Smoker is very naive.

Name: Derid?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
House Zerrung, House Bulvier
Skaa
Rikor (Under major revisions), Kler, Rasdon ( WIP)

#3 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

I like some of the traits you thought of - jumpy, eager, naive - but the rest of what you wrote feels sort of like just a repetition of what I posted above. I'd like to see you - or anyone else who still wants to give this character a go - try to build a little more on what I already wrote a little more. Good start, though! ^^

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Mailliw73

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Character Proposal

Kler

Kler is an 18 year old boy who is the third and youngest child of a skaa tailor who is getting up there in age. His father is ready for him to leave the house and go find his own life as Kler tends to annoy people with all of his questions. He is very naive and eager. He became involved with the rebellion very recently and joined because they had answers to some of his questions, like what is this lump of something in my stomach or why can I feel vibrations when I reach out with that lump? He also joined because, even though he is a skaa, he has lived a more privileged life with his father being an accomplished tailor. He doesn't believe that it is fair that some people get to live lives of luxury and some are lucky to get a scrap of bread a week. Kler thinks a lot and doesn't always filter what he says, so many thoughts come out that should be kept to himself. He gets scared easily and is always eager to help. He will help the rebellion with anything they ask of him.
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
Skaa

#5 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Very nice work! I'm glad to see that you took what I said and added more things of your own to the proposal; I can see the character a lot more clearly now. Smoker #2 is yours!

I'm moving this thread now, and I'd like to use it to continue planning for the character with you: especially things like how he's discovered as an Allomancer, etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Mailliw73

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

This might not need to be posted here, but I think this would be really cool if smoker #3 instructed Kler and Lyrebon's character in these kinds of things.
http://www.17thshard...-copper-stunts/

EDIT: For how he is discovered, I was thinking something like he randomly burns copper and one day a Seeker from the rebellion is near him and all of a sudden notices a coppercloud go up. What do you think?

Edited by KChan, 09 January 2013 - 05:17 AM.
Removal of doublepost

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Skaa

#7 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Please try to avoid unnecessarily doubleposting. Your two replies were less than an hour apart, and the second could have easily been edited into the first. Thanks!

Also, that would definitely be something to talk to whoever ends up playing #3 about. It seems like it could potentially be a fun idea though.

As for your idea of him being found, the Seeker would have to have already detected the use of Allomancy before your character started burning copper, but if that's the case, it could work. Maybe two Seekers were paired up to look for Allomancers, and when they stopped being able to sense each other, they knew they had found a Smoker.

This would then mean the Rebellion are the ones to tell him about his Allomancy, which makes the most sense anyways. Sound good? ^^

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mailliw73

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Sorry about the two posts, I'll do better from now on. That plan sounds good. Should we rp that or just Put it in the app?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Skaa

#9 Mailliw73

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

What do you think so far?

Kler
Skaa Rebellion Smoker

Posted Image

Name/Handle: Mailliw73, call me Will

Posted Image

Name: Kler
Type: Skaa
Place of Origin: Luthadel
Occupation: Former helper in a tailor, now smoker for rebellion and apprentice cobbler
Relationship Status: Single, for now at least ;)

Posted Image

Type of Powers: Copper Misting
Metals Used: Copper
Degree of Skill: Very basic

Posted Image

With sandy colored hair, and light brown eyes, Kler is a lot like many other skaa in Luthadel. He is average height and weight. The only striking feature he has is that his eyes are always lit up and excited.

Posted Image

Very curious, Kler is always wondering about one thing or another. He doesn't always think through what he says though, just blurting out whatever is on his mind. He is always eager to help and is very naive. He is jumpy and gets scared easily, but is very loyal and will help his friends with anything.

Posted Image

Special Skills: Thinking, working, helping

Strengths: Kler is a hard worker and is very loyal. He is not strong at fighting but is a decent size and is pretty strong and can hold his own in a fight.

Weaknesses: Kler is always blurting out things at inappropriate times, which has caused him a lot of trouble over the years. He also annoys people with all the questions he asks.

Posted Image

Kler was born in 900 to an accomplished tailor. He is the third and youngest son of a family of all boys. He was never remarkable to his father because he ticked him off with all his questions and though he tried hard, Kler was never good at being a tailor, he is not one for fine details but likes to hammer and do more powerful work. Both his father and mother were getting old and are certainly not young. His mother died a year ago and Kler was very sad, his mother loved her baby son and was the only one, besides his oldest brother who treated him kindly. Kler, that night, was walking along the streets and was not paying any attention, just thinking about his mother, when a drunk minor noble drove his carriage right over Kler, which broke a few bones and bruised him up badly. that was when Kler Snapped. Kler never got along with his second brother because his brother always thought Kler was an imbecile. his oldest brother was always kind and sticking up for Kler in front of their father and other brother. he rarely was angry with Kler, taking much after his mother. Kler is the last of his brothers to move out, and his father began to believe it would never happen, he finally got involved with the rebellion and they offered him a position working in Darnam's shop. He only met the rebellion recently and is very inexperienced.

Posted Image

(A scene from this character's viewpoint. Take care in picking a scene. It could be a scene from the past or it could happen practically during current events. In any case, write something important to the character so everyone can truly feel the character)
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Skaa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users