The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Noble grandfather

Noble Rikor

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Name: Up to you
Powers: not necessary, but up to you
Role: Noble grandfather of Rikor

Other Pertinent Information: he has to be a regular, TLR obeying, noble who would throw out a Skaa mistress onto the street. Needs to be forgetful.

Approve Before Accepting?: I would like to see it, but the final result is basically up to you
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
House Zerrung, House Bulvier
Skaa
Rikor (Under major revisions), Kler, Rasdon ( WIP)

#2 LordPifferdoo

Skaa

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

I would like to have the Noble Grandfather be a member of House Vaudin.
KChan has okay-ed this.
I've read both the House Vaudin thread and Daeric's, and I think I know how to incorporate him.

Avanti used to be a prominent member of House Vaudin. Daeric Vaudin's grand-uncle or grandfather, depending on KChan's preference. 67 years old, and a Coppercloud.

Avanti was a very good lawyer, the best in Urteau, living and breathing the indomitable rules set forth by the Lord Ruler. His Coppercloud aided his reputation as an honest, yet Lord Ruler fearing man by saving him from unwanted influence.

But knowing how far the law can reach also means knowing where the law can't, and Avanti indulged in that knowledge frequently. His past is somewhat dark, though most of his old ghosts have faded with his memory.

When he was 58, he began to forget things. Little things at first, like "Where did I put my walking stick" or "Oh darn, I forgot which skaa got ash on my coat. Better just beat them all." But pretty soon it became apparent that the memory would only worsen. For two years Avanti searched for anything to help his memory. He tried herbs, rituals, talismans. He even bought an expensive Terris copper bracelet that apparently "held the thoughts of a thousand peoples" or some rubbish like that. But nothing helped.

Hopeless, Avanti retired, and has stayed at the Vaudin ancestral mansion in Urteau ever since. He occasionally helps with some lawyery stuff in the family and may even have a nice relationship with Daeric. (if KChan lets me)

As for him going to Luthadel, there was some important news that had been sent to him that he had torn and burned immediately after reading it. Something so terrible it uprooted him from his comfortable retirement and sent him to the Lord Ruler's city.

He can't remember what that was though. Something about a grandson. Or cake.

These are my ideas, but I am very open to revisions.
We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt

#3 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

Although I have no place here, I must note that the small detail about the copper bracelet will not be allowed to exist - Feruchemy is guarded far, far too closely for anything resembling that.
Is an insane A.I.

#4 LordPifferdoo

Skaa

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

I just added that as a runaway joke - it has no importance
We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt

#5 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I did that a couple times as well. Have fun, but be aware that many people here think that you are always serious. No, not all the time. But they WILL see it as a big deal and insist you will not include it anywhere.

As long as you are aware of canon and the sensitivities of everybody (I wager every person here has a few - I know I definitely do), you should be fine.
Is an insane A.I.

#6 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

That all sounds good to me. If you make an official application and post it, I'll be glad to have you join Rikor's family.
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
House Zerrung, House Bulvier
Skaa
Rikor (Under major revisions), Kler, Rasdon ( WIP)

#7 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

I actually like the copper bracelet bit. Brandon references ways in which feruchemy has worked it's way into folklore (northern mystics who can change their weight), so the use of a copper bracelet as a memory tool (that doesn't work obviously), is a cool little reference and in joke that is perfectly acceptable. Now, if he was a feruchemist, that would be another matter, but it's pretty clear you weren't intending that.

Talking to the other staff, I think it's pretty acceptable to have harmless references like that, since they actually help make the world more believable rather than implausible.

Posted Image

#8 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

Actually, I didn't okay any of this. I got your PM and have been considering how to reply to you, because I didn't want to make a hasty decision, but I never said yes or no to anything. Next time, please remind me if I'm taking too long rather than just assuming that my silence means I'm okay with something.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users