The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Delzen

1 reply to this topic

#1 Delzen

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

"DELZEN"
Terrisman Steward

Player Information
Handle : Eriaan

Character Information
Name: Delzen
Type: Terrisman
Occupation: Steward for House Casuana, now specifically Lady Mia.
Marital Status: Single

Appearance
Hair: As all stewards, Delzen keeps his head shaved.
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 190
Voice: Deep with a very calming aspect to it.
Overall Appearance: Delzen has olive colored skin and dark brown eyes. He has an intelligent look about him, and always dresses in the customary robes of a steward. Delzen also wears lots of rings and bracers, as all in his race do, but for him, they are simply decoration and serve no Feruchemal purpose. While Delzen is not overly strong, he is fitter than most stewards keep themselves. Delzen is holds himself with pride, but knows his place is to serve Lady Casuana, and so there is still an aspect of subservience to his stance.

Other
Special Skills: Reading, Writing, Cooking, Stewarding..... (lol)
Strengths: Delzen is an excellent steward, and as such is very obedient and loyal. He is also wise as one would expect a Terrismen to be, and is always willing and ready to offer advice to his Mistress. He is also an expert on manners and etiquette.
Weaknesses: Delzen is horrible at standing up for himself, though this tends to be a flaw in the whole Terris race. As a steward, it's fitting though, because what good would a servant be if they didn't do everything possible for their master. And while he is a good servant, there are times when Delzen questions his Mistress's actions, and also questions his purpose in serving anyone at all.

Personality
Loyalty, obedience, and silence. All good qualities for a steward, and Delzen possesses all of them. He has served as a steward to the head of House Casuana for many years now, and would never dream of allowing any harm to come to his current Mistress, Lady Mia. In fact, when the late Lord Julian's father was murdered, Delzen felt that he should have been able to prevent it, and still feels guilt to this day over this.

While silence is a desired quality in a steward, Delzen is not afraid to tell his Mistress when he feels she is making a mistake. Of course, this is done with the utmost respect. Mistress Mia is prone to jumping to conclusions, and Delzen is always there to offer another view of the subject in question. Lately, Delzen has also noticed that Lady Mia's moods vary widely, and change when least expected. He's been doing his best to make sure that she's happy, what with the current stress placed on her as the new head of house, and also, of not always knowing the current whereabouts and state of her supposedly dead husband.

History
Delzen was born in the Terris Dominance as the last child to a breader women. He was immediately taken and castrated, as is customary for men of Terris who are to become Stewards. While young, Delzen was trained in the proper way to serve and teach whomever his future masters and mistresses would be. Needless to say, there was not much fun in his childhood.

His first master hired him when he was only 20 years old, and Delzen served in his House for fifteen years. In fact, Delzen stayed with this family until the House fell from favor in Luthadel and were forced to return to their home in the Southern Dominance, poor and disgraced. Delzen didn't even get a chance to return to him homeland before his next master hired him. Lucius Casuana was a good master, who took time to get to know Delzen (as well as a master can know his servant). It was an honor for Delzen to serve the newest Great House in Luthadel, and from what Lucius said, Delzen was doing a splendid job. He was never happier in his life than during these times, especially when young Julian Casuana, whom Delzen had trained and help raise, married a lovely young woman, Mia Deveaux.

Shortly after young master Julian's marriage, Lord Lucius was murdered by Skaa rebels, and Delzen blamed himself for his death, knowing that if he had been with him at the time, there was a very good chance that Lord Lucius would still be alive. But like any good servant, Delzen has buried these feelings and began to serve Lord Julian and Lady Mia. His service of Lord Julian was short lived, however, when the young head of House decided to fake his own death and go undercover as a Skaa. So now, his services transferred completely to Lady Mia, who took over as Head of House in her husband's "death". Delzen doesn't know that he complete supports the idea of Lord Julian risking his life to live amongst the Skaa, but has helped Lady Mia deal with the immense amounts of stress that have been placed on her in recent months. And he will continue to serve her until his services are no longer required.

Roleplay Sample
Mm... I'm good.

It's a little short... but I've had writers block with Delzen. Let me know if you want more to it, and I'll fix it up more.

Posted Image

#2 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

I like him! Delzen sounds like an excellent steward. I'm happy you didn't make him a Feruchemist; I worry that in such an RP, everyone's going to say "I need a Terrisman... Yeeeeaaaaah, let's make him a Feruchemist!" because people always like adding more magic powers to their character ;) As it is, Delzen feels quite realistic.

Don't worry about not having an RP Sample. With my characters, I've found I really like RP samples, because it gives me a chance to get their voice and/or set up an important event in the RP. This is by no means necessary for all characters, I think, and we know you're a good RPer. No harm done.

Speaking of which, after seeing Delzen's bio, I'm really glad Ignas didn't kill the Terrisman in his RP sample. It makes Delzen a more realistic and full character.

Accepted!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users