The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Ariadne

Noble Mother Klydes Wife

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Name: Ariadne ___________
Powers: None
Role: Klyde's former wife, and the mother of his child.

Other Pertinent Information:
Ariadne should be from a noble house of middling rank, who is quite wealthy but not overly powerful politically. She and Klyde have been separated for a little more than 10 years (if my math is correct). She should also have an NPC child around the age of ten (again, ask me if you are interested and I'll hammer out the math), whose gender and character traits would be completely up to you.

Here's what was written about her in Klyde's history:
"Her name was Ariadne.

She was incredibly beautiful, and known for her guileless innocence caused by years of being sheltered by an over-indulgent father. Her vitality was captivating, and her honesty refreshing. Despite her knack for seeing through his ploys, she was his after their first night together. That was the plan of course. If she set her mind on marrying a man, her father would undoubtedly succumb to her wishes whatever the man's station. They were not so high up in the house as to worry overly much about marriage alliances, but high enough to have a sizable dowry ready. Any correspondence to his supposed House in the southern dominance was redirected or replaced. The plan was going perfectly. What Klyde didn't realize at first is while she was giving her heart to him, she was stealing a piece of his as well.

In the end the job came first. He would not betray his crew for a woman. He could not! Once the dowry was paid, Klyde prepared to disappear, before one of the messages managed to get passed him un-screened. He decided he could not leave without seeing Ariadne one last time, and so made one last midnight trip to her rooms. He thought he could creep in and out without her seeing. She woke up as soon as he entered the room. Despite all his careful planning, and his decision to put the crew first, he could not bear the look in her tear-filled eyes. He ended up spilling out his entire story to her, and asked her to elope with him. She said yes.

They were married in the skaa way on a small plantation outside of Luthadel. Klyde crew had been furious that he had jeopardized the mission, and so the crew was disbanded as soon as the money was split. Klyde knew he could not stay in Luthadel, especially not with his new bride, and so he began conning his way from city to city. They enjoyed a year of marital bliss, before Ariadne discovered she was pregnant.

She begged him to stop his conning, saying it was too dangerous if they were to start a family. She promised him she could do without all the jewels and dresses the money from his jobs provided, and urged him to take up a trade. She also began lecturing him about his drinking and his gambling. Most nights ended with Klyde storming out of the house and Ariadne crying herself to sleep. He left her a month later, and never saw her again. He swore to himself he would never get attached like that again."

EDIT: Klyde's Application in full.
EDIT: Also keep in mind this history is partly from Klyde's point of view, and thus while Ariadne is described as "incredibly beautiful," for example, this could be taken as Klyde's individual (seventeen year old) bias, or as objective truth (though beauty is never really objective). Also, since 12-14 years have passed since this selection of history, feel free to extrapolate and play with how she has changed in the time since.

The player would also be responsible for coming up with why and how she comes to Luthadel. I think, once she's there, there will be many fun opportunities for character interaction.

Approve Before Accepting?: I'll say YES, because I have to approve her anyways, and I'd like to make sure she's true to the history I've laid out, but I'm not really stingy on any of the details, and likely won't have that much input beyond what I've already included here, and the normal feed-back admins give character applicants.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users