The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Late Night Meeting

W1 D4 NT Maks Ignas Perrin Nessa Valkyn Venture

88 replies to this topic

#81 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

.... music. Why was there music?

Nessa turned, careful not to move too quickly lest she fall over again..... and saw the Inquisitor. Playing the lute.

That's it. I've gone crazy. Some nobleman beat me out of my mind for stealing from him and now I'm seeing things.

She was on her feet in an instant, staring wide-eyed at the monstrosity standing there in the kitchen. Was everyone else seeing this? Why had Perrin brought her back here? And why wasn't that thing killing anyone?

#82 Perrin

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Perrin tensed as Nessa jumped to her feet. Hopefully he'd be able to catch her before she bolted halfway across Luthadel this time. He didn't grab her, just yet anyways, but instead, stood close behind her ready to react.

"Easy there, Sweets," he said in a low voice, "He's on our side, apparently."

Posted Image

#83 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

"Our side!?" she gasped. "You're telling me that an Inquisitor turned bard is joining the skaa rebellion." What on earth was the world coming to?

"So... I'm not crazy?" she asked. "You can see him too? Or are we both crazy?"

#84 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

The Inquisitor paused, as if to consider Nessa's question. The look on his face was decidedly puzzled, but if he reached a conclusion in his mind, he didn't give it voice. Unless the song was the answer.

Valkyn VentureOther Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#85 Ignas

• Architect of the Rebellion, the Shade

High House Noble
  • Age46

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginWestern Dominance

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

"You're not crazy. But I do think perhaps we must sort out a certain matter of trust," Ignas said. "I organized you, lifting you from these Soothing Stations. I've fought Inquisitors with my bare hands and no Allomancy." He motioned to his burnt cloak. "What do you think this is? Do you think I do not sacrifice? What must I do to convince you?"

Posted Image

Posted Image

#86 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

"Maybe you could start by not kidnapping people and then threatening to light them on fire," Nessa growled. "Or maybe you could warn us before letting a bloody Inquisitor wander into the kitchen!" What on earth was she doing? Yelling at an Obligator! If the Inquisitor didn't kill her first, this man would!

Well, if she was going to die anyways, she may as well say what she thought.

"B'sides," she continued with a bit of a sulk. "It's my first day here. How am I supposed to trust people I just met? Especially people with Ministry tattoos."

#87 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Perrin had opened his mouth respond to Ignas, but Nessa beat him to it. In fact, she caught him off guard a bit when she yelled at the Obligator. He smirked. So he and Sweets would be on the same side. That was refreshing. Perrin let the girl finish though, waiting his turn.

When she trailed off, he placed a hand on her shoulder, hoping that it came across as a 'comforting' touch. "I don't think he was really referring to you, Sweets," he turned his hard gaze back to Ignas, "I don't doubt that you've 'sacrificed', I've seen the results of all that you've done."

"Certainly it's... appreciated. But for the Lord Ruler's sake, this isn't the first time you've sprung something major on us. It's sort of hard to trust a man that might be holding a spike behind his back ready to turn us into his own personal Inquisitors."

Perrin took a few steps forward, "And Sweets has a point," he said gesturing to Ignas's face with a smirk, "Those special little brands you've got don't make it easy to take at your word."

"Perhaps full disclosure in the future, at least to a few of us, would be nice, Ignas," Maks chimed in.

Posted Image

#88 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

A string broke on the Inquisitor's lute. What did this abomination know of Hemalurgy? How did he learn? Who taught him?

Dangerous questions. With dangerous answers.

There's always another secret, Elena whispered.

In any case. The Abomination needed to be watched. Along with the Obligator who likely revealed the information to him.

Suspicion creased his brow.
He didn't like suspicion. It made his head hurt.

He tucked the lute away, and studied his companions.

At length he said, "I believe you were planning to assault a Noble house."

EDIT: If you are in a thread with other people, and have something to add before someone else posts a reply, please use the edit function instead of doubleposting. Thank you. -Camille

Valkyn VentureOther Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#89 Maks

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

"Indeed we are, in a matter of speaking," Maks said, nervously eying the Inquisitor, "But I think perhaps we've had enough excitement for one night, wouldn't you say Ignas?' The obligator nodded in reply. Certainly he, and more than likely Perrin, would be continuing their discussion either the next day or the day following that. There were some unresolved issues that needed to be taken care of.

Lan, who had been quiet for most of the meeting stood up waving over one of the serving women, "Excellent meeting... I suppose," he chuckled, "Be so kind as to show Miss Nessa to one of the rooms upstairs. And if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd really love one of those odd sandwiches that you made the other day. You know, the one with the meat in that circular shape in the middle of a roll? I love those."

And with that, those who had attended the meeting began to disperse, some holding quiet conversations with others as they left, but all looking uneasy as they passed by the Inquisitor.

((Lan: I love hamburgers. *exits room* LOL!! I had to work in it... even if it fails, I thought it was super funny :P))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users