The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Allomancy versus Feruchemy PLANNING

Arena Fisel Qualt Planning

27 replies to this topic

#1 RabowJastor

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Player(s) Involved: Mac, Mailliw
Character(s) Involved: Fisel, Q

Combat Thread Link: Here
Feedback Thread Link: Here

Other Pertinent Information:

Rules for Fisel: He has metalminds with sufficient traits stored up that normal combat conditions will not deplete them; it would take extreme events to really deplete them. His goldminds have health stored up to heal three deadly blows. His metalminds all pierce his skin. He is armed with a heavy stone club, and has no effective armor.

Rules for Q: He has sufficient reserves of the 8 basic metals to last the entire battle. No duralumin. He has a bead of atium in his reserves enough for 15 seconds (though any single use takes up at a minimum 5 seconds). He cannot directly Push or Pull on Fisel's metalminds.

Dojo: The Arena is a dojo, with tatami mat floors. The ceiling is only eight feet high. The area a square fifty feet to a side. The walls are lined with just about any period-appropriate kind of weapon you'd care to name. Every other weapon is mostly or partially metal; the rest are wood, stone, or other rare, non-metallic materials. 100 weapons per wall, spaced evenly.

Mailliw: These are my initial suggested rules. Please let me know if there are any corrections you wish to make. Also, please let me know what reasonable armor and armaments you want Q to have.

Edited by RabowJastor, 19 January 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Mailliw73

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Those rules sound good to me. Whenever you want to start, go for it. One question though, it's a fight to the death right?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#3 RabowJastor

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

It's a fight to the non-canonical death. Though if you ever tap out, I will accept your concession.

For fluidity in combat, I suggest that we discuss what we're going to do in this thread. As soon as we've agreed on each moment of action, we can post it in the combat thread.

Fisel would wait for Q to begin, so, why don't you tell me what you imagine your character's first step would be.

#4 Mailliw73

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

First, I forgot to tell you his armor and armaments, so let me do that before we begin. Q is armed with an iron knife on his right hip and a big steel sword on his left. He has on some light leather armor.

Q would immediately Pull on several arrowheads that were on the wall behind Fisel to plunge them into his skin.

Edited by Mailliw73, 19 January 2013 - 06:53 PM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#5 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Stone swords are not a thing, they would break, stone is not really a good material to make weapons out of.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Fisel

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

All right. If you'd like to post that as your first move, then we'll be in the following position: We're facing each other at the center of the dojo (say, ten feet apart?), meaning twenty feet behind either of us to the wall. You've just 'pulled' on arrowheads, and they are currently in mid-air, ten feet from the wall, ten feet behind Fasil, mere moments from plunging into his unprotected back. It will then be my turn to respond. Agreed?

Also, thank you, Noelle!

#7 Mailliw73

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yes, thanks Noele, and yes Fisel, that is right.

Q would pull on those arrows and than burn pewter and roll to the left.

Edited by Mailliw73, 20 January 2013 - 06:23 PM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#8 RabowJastor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

All right, post that whenever in the combat thread. Once you do, I will start discussing what my own first action is.

Edited by RabowJastor, 20 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#9 Fisel

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Well done. Here is Fisel's plan:

As soon as you dart to the side, he taps steel and moves to you at a brief burst of triple-speed. Incidentally, this would take him out of the path of the arrows.

(Presumably, Ironpulls are strong enough, and arrows are light enough, that they will continue across the room and stick in the far wall. Does that seem reasonable?)

When he reaches you, Fisel is going to simply fall on you, tapping his ironminds to quintuple his current weight. Using his own warrior training and the mental speed of a zincmind, he's going to make sure he falls in something similar to a basic arm-bar, pinning your arms outstretched under his massive weight.

How strong does pewter make you? At quintuple weight, I am literally a thousand pounds. Did we ever see anyone in the books, even flaring pewter, lift a weight that heavy?

#10 Quait/Q

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Um, I have no idea whether or not he would be able to lift that or not. I think it would stop him from being crushed but not make him strong enough to lift. What do you think?

Yes, I agree that the arrows would stick in the far wall.

#11 Fisel

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I checked with my friend who is a martial artist, and he thinks that a) the "mounted crucifix" which is apparently the name is something simple enough that Fisel would reasonably know how to do it, and that B) it's an effective enough hold that you can't bring your full strength to bear; even if you could bench-press more than a thousand pounds, you'd have to be FAR stronger than that to break this hold from the position you are in.

I believe the administrator K-Chan has stated in the past that she knows martial arts, so perhaps she could weigh in. Still, if we're both in agreement, perhaps we can just go forward with this move, so I will post shortly (the day at work is a little crazy, so I'm a bit slow today)

#12 Mailliw73

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

K, that's fine
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#13 Quait/Q

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nice move, and I did not(but should've) seen the arm covering q's eyes coming. I have a question for my next move, can I move my legs or not?

#14 Fisel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Absolutely. I mean, Fisel isn't pinning them. If you've been secretly parapalegic all this time and didn't tell anyone, then I'm afraid nothing has changed.

#15 Quait/Q

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

:) ok I wasn't quite sure whether or not I could.

So I'm thinking, for my next move, I Riot confusion and curiosity, while Soothing Anger, ruthlessness, and those type of emotions, not obviously but gently. While I then burn pewter and bring both my knees into Fisel's side. What do you think?

#16 RabowJastor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Emotional Allomancy: Not bad. It's a good set-up to something that might pay off later, and if you really are being as gentle as you say, he certainly won't notice anything yet.

As for the knee kick: I'm honestly not entirely sure. I'm gonna check with my martial-arts source, and perhaps I'll check with K-chan again and see if she has any input. Logically, I'm trying to think it through... my initial impulse is this. Obviously, I'm too heavy for you to kick off, even with pewter. In your position, it'd be tricky to bring the full brunt of your attack on someone sitting on you like that, but both because I'm bracing you so well, and because I AM too heavy to move, that means all the force is going into my body, which would translate into more damage.

With the position I've established myself, even with my light tap on zinc to increase my reflexes, I think my focus would be diverted enough away from your legs that I wouldn't notice in time to react.

One final note: you have a thousand pounds on your chest and face. I would think it's reasonable to expect that you are flaring pewter, now and constantly, and not just when you go to attack.

I will get back to you when I hear from my friend.

#17 Mailliw73

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Yeah, I am totally flaring pewter this whole time but I was thinking more of like a jump start for the attack but extreme

Edited by Mailliw73, 23 January 2013 - 05:32 AM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#18 RabowJastor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well if you're flaring pewter... that's it. There are two levels: Flare and burn. If it's not one of those, it's off.

#19 Mailliw73

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

For my attack I was thinking like a "jump start" you know, where someone squeezes your sides, but taken to the extreme because its my knees and I'm flaring pewter
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

#20 RabowJastor

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

?? I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean by that. I don't know what a "jump start" is. Lemme wikipedia it.

I cannot find what a "jump start" is, sorry. Can you find me a picture of it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users