The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Hello! (Again)

Returning member

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaylen Hasting

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Gather round all, and let me tell you a story.

Back in the early summer of 2010, or slightly before, I read, and was enthralled by, the Mistborn trilogy. After finishing Hero of Ages (currently the only ending to have made me drop a book in shock), I rejected the notion that my time in the Mistborn universe had ended. Having been a part of an RP community before, I knew that other people as crazy about this world as I was would have doubtless set up an RP board. So off to Google I went, and ended up here. Over that summer I created a character, and began posting in a couple of different threads.

Unfortunately, my visit to MBI was just that; a fleeting visit. After the summer, I started what we in the UK call A-levels, which is 16-18 year old education (I don't know how the US school system works, but I think we all know what a 16 year old is). After that was done, I ended up at University to study Psychology. Although I still had a love of Mistborn, as well as the rest of Sanderson's work, I'd almost completely forgotten about the RP, and always seemed to be too busy to ever get back into it.

However, a couple of days ago, boredom led to me scrolling through the bookmarks on my laptop, and, well, here I find myself once again. I'm hopefully going to be able to be more involved with RP this time around, as it's a great way for me to get rid of all the creative writing that swirls around in my head but refuses to get itself on paper.

To those who were here when I first joined; although I wasn't heavily involved, I'd like to apologise for just going AWOL, but that won't happen this time :) I'm tempted to take my original character, edit him, and apply with him, but I'd also love to get some more characters going in various spheres of the RP.
Characters

- Kaylen Hasting; Noble Mistborn

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hey Kaylen, welcome back!!!

I posted extensively in the call box without realizing you had begun this thread, so you can ignore those posts if you want, since what I write here will hopefully be more coherent.

Thank you for your apology. Unfortunately, your unexplained absence forced us to write Kaylen Hasting out the the RP. However, since Kaylen's scenes are still technically a part of the cannon, a few simple edits will likely not suffice, meaning it may be necessary for you to make an entirely new character. Of course, if you want to incorporate some of the elements that interested you in Kaylen into your new character, that is up to you, but whoever you make should probably be more than just a carbon copy with a different name.

Here are some links that should get you started:
Our Character Application and Acceptance Policies and the Rules and Style Guide have both changed in some ways since you left, so a review of them will likely be helpful. Also, KChan has posted a helpful guide on how to use our shiny and new Character System, which will help you get acquainted with some of the site's upgrades. Also, I'd like to draw your attention to our Workshop in case you are interested in member feed back while you create your character, since I don't think it was around when you were here last.

I think that's the jist of what I wanted to say, let me know if you have any questions. Welcome back, and just remember that, in the future if you need to leave for a time, make arrangements with the staff if you want your characters to remain unchanged until your return. Otherwise, in the interest of progressing the plot, without any author contributions to guide us, or notion of how long an absence will be, the staff will be forced to make a judgement call and take action in order to move the RP forward.

Hope that helps, good to see you here!

Posted Image

#3 Kaylen Hasting

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

That's completely fine by me, I'd had a couple of new ideas for different characters anyway, and as you say, I could always re-use elements of Kaylen. Thanks for those links, I'll check things through, and keep with this account for now, although if I need to change the username/make a new account I shall. And yeah, I'll definitely keep you guys updated of things like that. Actually, on that note, I'll be away from the 30th-7th, so I won't be posting anything across then.
Characters

#4 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for the info, but in general, shorter absences (ie, a week or less) probably don't need any explanation unless you are in the middle of a thread with someone, in which case you could elect to just notify the effected players. Longer absences (such as my situation: not having a personal computer for what has become two months, or other life things that keep you from posting), are more what we need to know about, with updates of when you would intend to be back.

Again, hope that helps!

EDIT: And to your other question, players generally create out of character accounts (Comatose in my case) to which they attach their characters (which means you can have multiple characters in the same account! YAY!)

If you would like your old Kaylen posts to still be attributed to your new account (you did write them after all), we can use a merge accounts tool to combine your Kaylen account with your new one, and then you'd just have to go through your old posts and edit them to be posted by Kaylen instead of "Out of Character".

Of course, that can wait until you've got going with a new account. Another option could be just to edit the name on this one, make Kaylen Hasting, and your new character(s) a character under this account, and go from there.

Rereading this, I see a lack of clarity, but I'll see if you understand it, and just answer any questions you have as need be.

Posted Image

#5 Kaylen Hasting

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ah thanks, noted.

No no, having read through the character system post, your answer makes good sense :) I'll get to switching the name on this account then put Kaylen on as a character at some point. Thanks again!
Characters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users