The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Delve-Skaa Thief

4 replies to this topic

#1 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

DELVE
Skaa

Posted Image

Name/Handle: Please just call me Mozy :{D

Posted Image

Name: Delve
Type: Skaa
Place of Origin: Plantation near the north edge of the CentralDominance
Relationship Status: Single

Posted Image

Delve is a tall, broad woman. She started cross-dressing when she first got to Luthadel, but in reality she’s fairly curvy. She makes a pretty convincing man, though. She’s also very muscular and holds herself like she means business. However, she’s no fighter. She just wishes for people to regard her as a man.

Her hair is long and thin. It’s almost blond, but not quite. Her eyes are a light brown. Though the ash hides it, she has a smattering of freckles over her nose and cheeks and her skin is fair. As a result she burns easily in the sun. Her features are defined but light. There are frown lines between her eyebrows and on her forehead, but few around her mouth.
In a different situation she could be seen as very pretty.

Posted Image

Delve is a hard, strong woman, as a result of her upbringing. She decided early on that she hated the nobility and the Lord Ruler. She also learned that she must be stronger than everyone else. She is manipulative and doesn’t feel sympathy for those who are weaker than she is. She does not ever let herself come across as a threat, but she makes it known that she is not afraid to kill someone for their money or food, or even their shelter. She rarely has a facial expression that is not serious or flat. She distances herself to keep from feeling pain when other Skaa are punished or hurt. Inside there is a part of her that hurts for them, but it’s a part that she has squashed and kept hidden. A kinder, more honourable, part of her.

Posted Image

Special Skills: Manipulation, lying

Strengths: Delve will not back down if she believes something. She is able to stay determined and focused, but at a great price. She is good with people and knows how to get her way.

Weaknesses: She is only able to stay focused amid everything because she refuses to let herself feel for those around her. Similarly, she is only good with people until she gets to know them. She manipulates everyone around her and lies to keep them distant. She refuses to show her true nature to anyone.

Posted Image

Delve was born in 893 on a plantation at the north edge of the central dominance. Her parents were Ryn and Kelet and her mother did not die in childbirth(amazing, isn’t it?). Like all plantation Skaa she worked every day, constantly afraid of everything. However, she didn’t feel as despairing as the rest of them. Delve had a will of her own and wasn’t going to let them beat it out of her. She had few friends, as it was stupid to have friends when they could die anytime. It was just unnecessary pain.

So, Delve ran away from the plantation after eighteen years of seething with a strong hatred for everyone else. She lied to everyone about everything and quickly learned that manipulation worked exceedingly well as a means for getting what she wanted. Despite all that, she found it harder than living on a plantation, where she had regular meals, albeit bad meals, and not enough food for her figure to fill out. Though she didn't eat as often, she never stole herself a small meal and slowly that began to become a problem for her.

At first she didn't pretend to be a man. She didn't need to. She was tall, with a masculine build and a flat chest. However, after six months of being out in the world, that had changed. She was now beginning to be a pretty, full-figured young woman. She was, at that time, part of a small thieving crew in a large city roughly halfway between her old plantation and Luthadel. There were only a few thieving crews in the city, a smattering of brothels, and some noble manors. It had been fine for her, until a job turned south because her part of the plan hadn't gone over well. When the crew leader confronted her about it, angry about the money wasted on the plan, she hit him. After his 'bodyguards' restrained her, the crew leader told her that he was selling her to a brothel. If she could have, she would have killed him.

Delve couldn't do anything for at least a month and she seethed quietly. One night she was taken by a nobleman and killed him with the knife he kept under the mattress. She stole a suit from his wardrobe and ran before the body was found. She kept running until she reached the next town, almost two days of mindless travel. She found a run-down building and collapsed there, the blood of the nobleman hidden beneath his own clothing. When she woke up she cut off her hair and used pieces of the coat of the suit to bind her chest and started walking to Luthadel.

She considered joining the rebellion for a while, and even hid with a group of rebels for a while on her slow way to Luthadel. She was there for a while and then some of the rebels started beginning to be more interested in who she was and began trying to get to know her, and she knew that was the right time for her to run again. She convinced herself that she owed no loyalty to anyone and that the rebels would all get themselves killed anyways.

She learned to do a decent imitation of a noble and when she got to Luthadel she joined another thieving crew, this time as a young man named Delvin. It was not easy, but nothing ever was. That crew eventually started to grow on her, in a way. So she moved on. Different crew, different name, different life. It had become almost routine for her now. She was by no means a loner, but she put on a face and didn’t let people see under it. She let them think that they knew whichever face she was wearing but she felt no attachment to anyone. Still, she relied on them. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to make it on her own.

That happened many times to her. At the present time she is currently on the look-out for a new crew to join. She has been increasingly uncomfortable with how she feels about her current crew. There are members that she is having trouble feeling nothing for, whether it is hate or a small amount of friendliness.

Posted Image

Delve watched their target interact with one of the other members of her current thieving crew. This was an incredibly intricate scam and not for the first time Delve worried about the girl’s acting. She was definitely new to this and even Delve wasn’t sure how the girl had become part of a thieving crew to begin with.

The setting of this scam was the middle of the street. The target was some young nobleman-Delve hadn’t bothered to find out his name-who was house heir to some minor family. What they wanted was not the kid, though. He was just their way of getting certain information important to the larger scam that they had planned.

The girl was beginning to get flustered. That wasn’t part of the plan, Delve thought. If she kept this up Delve would have to step in, which wouldn’t be the end of the world. They had a second plan if that happened. One that included creating a scandal around this young man, who would be head of his house soon, if the rumours were true. Either way, they would succeed, even if it was incredibly risky. Delve herself was dressed as a minor nobleman, there to make sure the girl got the information, even if she messed it up. There was an increasing possibility that would happen.

The girl’s face went red and Delve sighed. The more uncomfortable the girl was, the more likely she was to slip. Delve started forward, calmly approaching the target. “Excuse me.” She said, taking the girl’s arm lightly. “What are you doing with my fiancée?”

The young nobleman looked a little uncomfortable. He had probably never met anyone this blunt before. Delve smiled inwardly. She had thought this through carefully and decided that acting the rather rude young man would work best in this situation. “I…your fiancée?”

“Indeed.” Delve said shortly before turning to the girl. “I’ll deal with you later.” She hissed. The girl looked at the ground and Delve felt relieved. At least the girl could act properly ashamed.

“She didn’t tell me.” The young man said, turning a little red.

“She didn’t tell you?” Delve repeated, growing irritated and louder. For this to work other nobles had to hear. Hopefully the fact that this man had been seen with someone else’s fiancée would be enough of a scandal. “Did she have to tell you? It’s common knowledge. Now shove off.”

“Excuse me? I will have you know that I am heir to the--“

“More reason for you to not have been trying to get with my fiancée!” Delve said angrily, feeling the stares of the passers-by and pulling herself up to her full height. The young man looked around at the stares shrunk back from Delve.

“I wish you good day.” He said before almost nearly running away. Delve steered the girl away and spoke quietly to her. “You’ve got a lot to learn, girl. You can’t get flustered that easily.”

The girl turned red and looked at her feet. “Sorry.” She muttered and Delve almost felt bad for her. That was not good.

“Just hope you have another chance to prove yourself useful. The crew-leader doesn’t like failures.” Delve knew that was mostly a lie, but the girl didn’t know that. The crew-leader was actually notorious for ignoring the girls in the crew, so they didn’t tend to stay long. This girl was, therefore, somewhat special, as she’d caught the crew-leader’s attention for some reason. He wasn’t going to get rid of her that easily. The girl looked like she might cry and Delve didn’t blame her. The alternatives were basically certain death. “Stop being a wimp. You won’t get anywhere like that.” Delve could have kicked herself. Since when did she start giving advice? They both fell silent and when they arrived at the hideout Delve left to change out of the nobleman’s clothing. She needed to leave tonight. She had been here long enough to start slipping.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 30 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I really like this character! Good work!

The application is well formatted, and everything looks in order. A bit more fleshing out in the history might be nice, perhaps a few major events, or some reasons why she has decided that lies and manipulation are the best way to get through life (do they come to her naturally, or are they something she has worked on in the past?).

It also be nice if the RP sample could be expanded to include some social interaction, perhaps something more recent, to show what she will be like in scenes with other characters.

Other than that Delve is looking great so far. Good work!

Posted Image

#3 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Alright! More backstory... Muahahaha.... I enjoy writing backstory. :{D

EDIT:I've modified the backstory and I'm working on the RP sample. She's being a bit irritable right now, but I think I'm getting there.
EDIT2:Totally just finished. :{D

Edited by MozytheHealer, 01 August 2013 - 05:17 PM.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#4 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

Accepted!

There's your first vote. I wish you luck in procuring another one from one of the other admins.

I like Delve, she's actually kind of similar to a cross-dressing character I've been working on for the past few months (who I might post in the workshop soon, just to get some motivation to finish her off).

Who knows, maybe when they are both accepted they can meet up? Let me know.

Once again, good work and good luck :)

Posted Image

#5 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ooh goody, another skaa thief! :) I would appreciate it if you fixed the formatting on her app - it seems some closing tags got misplaced her and there - but that's a minor issue. You're Accepted! Welcome to the RP!

Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users