The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Meeting with skaa

Open W2 D3 NT Slums

51 replies to this topic

#1 Wilor Zerrung

• Noble Lurcher, fighting for Skaa

Riordan Casuana's Reputation
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginTremredare

• Allomantic StatusRumored

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Wilor jumped off his windowsill, feeling the freedom the mists gave, falling through them. I wish I could live like this.  

He flared Iron, Pulling on a window latch on the top of Zerrung's family town house. As he approached, he released the pull using the momentum to fly past the edge of the roof. He rolled onto the roof and stood up, surveying the area. 

Everything was still above the rooftops around the area in the Silver Quarter. Closing his eyes, Wilor drank in the peace and serenity of standing high in the mists. 

He snapped back to reality and decided that tonight, he would visit the skaa. Adjusting his mask to make sure it covered his face, he rapped his knuckles three times, leaned forward and fell off of the manor. 

Wind rushing through his hair, he came close to the ground before Pulling on a nail in one of the nearby shops' roof, launching him through the air towards the poor section of town. He continued to Pull on nail after nail, latch after latch, until he arrived at the skaa slums in the southwest of the city, just south of the Industrial District. First checking the scene from a roof of a skaa tenement, he watched for any obligators or Inquisitors that might happen to be prowling in the night. 

Edited by Mailliw73, 14 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Wilor

--Wilor Zerrung, der Abzieher

#2 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Delve crouched in an alley, watching the mists. She needed to find a new crew to join and currently had no shelter. Luckily the night was a good one and the alley was empty. She was thinking up a new name, at the moment, as her old one would do her no good. She might need to change her appearance as well. There was to much of a chance someone would recognize her, as she planned on staying in the same part of Luthadel. It was to much work finding new haunts so soon after shifting her location.

Seeing a shift in the mists overhead, like someone was there, she scanned the rooftop and shifted closer to the wall. Luckily, her clothes were dark and the mists were thick, so she was fairly well hidden. Unluckily, there were no good hiding spots around, so if she had been seen, she was in danger. Fingering her small knife with one hand, Delve felt around her with her other hand for something else sharp. Only Allomancers prowled on the roofs and knives were not the best of weapons against them.

#3 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wilor caught sight of some movement down below. Staring intensely to make sure he wasn't seeing things, he glimpsed white skin of someone's face just for an instant. Well, it's not an Obligator, that's for sure. That was a poor skaa. He'll be a good person to talk to. Any person observant enough to notice his light steps on the roofs above and have quick instincts was worth talking to.

The mists curled around Wilor as he flared iron three times. He leaned forward and tipped off the edge of the roof. He gently Pulled on the copper piping at the roof to slow his fall. He gently landed right next to the skaa. The skaa sleeping down the alley stirred in his sleep.

"Hello, would you like some bread?" Wilson pulled out the loaf of bread he had pilfered from his manor's kitchen earlier in the day.

Wilor

#4 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Delve very nearly raised an eyebrow. This man was obviously an Allomancer. Anyone with the guts to fall like that had to be. Knife hidden behind her back, she narrowed her eyes slightly, glancing at his face once, then to the bread, and then to the ground. "Who are you?" She asked timidly.

#5 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

"Who are you?"

"Does it matter? I have bread for you." Something seemed off about this man, though Wilor couldn't put his finger on it. He glanced around quickly, making sure no one was approaching them. He turned back toward the skaa, thrusting the bread towards him.

Edited by Mailliw73, 12 September 2013 - 01:11 AM.

Wilor

#6 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Delve grabbed the bread. She really was quite hungry. "So, you're a nobleman?" She asked, though she was already quite certain he was. It was all in the attitude.

#7 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

"Why do you suppose that? Maybe I'm a skaa thief who stole this bread." Wilor knew that his outfit gave him away as being rich, but he wanted to see this man's response.

Examining the skaa's face, he tried to figure out what was different about this man. Not his posture, that seemed perfectly normal. Maybe it's something in his eyes.

Edited by Mailliw73, 12 September 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Wilor

#8 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

"You fell from the roof." Delve said simply. She had a million different responses, but she wanted to go with the more ignorant response. Best this man think her ignorant than know she was not. "Only nobles can use magic like that."

#9 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

"That is a good point. Don't all people like to jump off high structures?" Wilor grinned. The skaa child sleeping next to his mother down the alley jolted upright, probably from a nightmare. Wilor glanced at him for a second before he lay back down. The more this skaa he was talking to spoke, the more Wilor noticed how he was different.

"We haven't been introduced. I'm the man who fell off the roof and gave you bread. And you are?"

Wilor

#10 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

"Devin. And I've seen people die jumping off that roof. Easily accessible, I've heard." Delve responded naturally. All of it was a lie, but he probably didn't know that. She still hadn't let go of her knife. It was better to be wary than to be dead, in her opinion. Her eyes flicked to the other Skaa in the alley. "So, assuming I'm right and you're one of those magic-noble-people, what are you doing here?"

#11 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

"I'm talking to you, can't you tell?" Wilor couldn't help throwing in another sarcastic comment. He made sure to continue burning iron, watching the man hold his knife. He looked experienced with it. It probably wouldn't pose a problem to Wilor, but better safe than sorry.

"I came to give bread and talk with some of the skaa I usually talk to. I've never seen you around here before though, and you looked interesting."

Wilor

#12 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

"Maybe you just haven't been lookin' hard enough." Delve almost flashed him a snarky smile, but knew it would ruin the image she was building. The comment may have done so already, but she couldn't help herself. She had been around here a lot lately. "'Though, you don't look like you've been around here before. You sure you know where these people are that you're lookin' for?"

#13 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

This skaa was actually brighter then he had been letting on before. This just proves even more that skaa can think intelligently. "I'm sure, I frequent these places often. I don't have just a specific set of people I meet, though. Anyone who draws my interest is who I talk to."

Wilor finally realized why the skaa seemed different, he was a she! The pitch in voice was just slightly too feminine when she let on that she was more intelligent than she appeared. Now that he realized it, he noticed that her features were quite plainly female.

Wilor

#14 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Delve winced inwardly. There was that stupid look of realization that observant people got while talking to her. She would obviously have to get him away now, or possibly kill him. She hadn't decided which. "I'll give you some advice, then. Next time you come, don't wear such nice clothes, or fall like that. You're just askin' to get thieved from.

#15 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wilor decided he would keep her secret. Raising an eyebrow, he commented, "Most skaa wouldn't be brave enough to try to thieve a magic noble. Obviously, you've got more guts than normal skaa." Wilor Pulled on her knive's handle, sending it flying into his waiting hand. "We wouldn't want you to get hurt while we're just talking. I'll just put this right here," Wilor said while placing the knife in between his feet, keeping iron ready to burn if she made a move for the weapon.

Wilor

#16 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Delve held onto her temper. It wouldn't be a good idea to lose it. No need to alert anyone of her existence at this hour. "You don't know nothin', do you? More guts than most Skaa." She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Definitely not from around here. I could show you, if you like."

#17 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

"If you swear not to use this little knife of yours, I would love to be shown around." Wilor handed back her knife. "Most skaa wouldn't threaten me, because most skaa haven't threatened me. If every skaa had your guts, The Lord Ruler wouldn't be ruling any more."

Wilor

#18 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

"Right then. Which thieving crew's territory d'you wanna go to?" Delve said with a small smile, taking back her knife and sliding it into her belt. "I swear not to knife you on the way." She lied easily. She still hadn't made up her mind about that.

#19 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

"Whichever's closest." Wilor was surprised by Devin's bluntness and the way she took his comment about The Lord Ruler in stride, without faltering. She was impressive. If only all skaa were like this, The Lord Ruler really wouldn't be ruling anymore.

Wilor

#20 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Delve was actually having some fun with this persona she had created. Maybe Devin was a keeper, although she would have to tone down the snark a little bit. "Then it just depends on how eager you are to die. See, we could go over that direction," She pointed straight ahead, "but they'd probably kill you. The other crew'll just beat you."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users