The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

You're Invited! Well, if you play a Noble, anyways.

Ball Open Noble House Perrault Planning

59 replies to this topic

#41 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Anyone want to meet with Votir in the before the ball thread?

PS: To everyone, especially Mailliw, sorry for falling off the radar for a while

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Votir Zerrung, Bernard Urvon, Celestine Beliveaux

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Bastian Urvon: Mistborn

Astor Urvon:Urvon Heir

Trenton Urvon

#42 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

It's cool, welcome back. Glad you joined in! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Uhm... When will this start?

To clarify, this is not a plea to open the ball more quickly, becuase I would rather get Melaine approved before that. I was wondering how long I have to finish, and whether to submit immediately to admin approval, or go through the workshop first.
Is an insane A.I.

#44 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Probably after Before the Ball ends. Unless one of the others has something they want to add afterwards, I'm thinking the upcoming duel might be the finale to that thread, which means you've probably got time. And balls are long-running threads, so even if he's not ready by the time the topic opens, you'll likely have time to work him in the thread anyways.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Thoughtful Spurts

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

If I made her RP sample soon and submitted her, would Charlotte be able to attend? She's basically ready except for that, but she'd be just a recent arrival in Luthadel, though with a good(ish) reputation, so I wouldn't know.

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Terris: Zincell (Feruchemist)
Skaa: Ema (Tineye), Laurence (smoker),

Inactive:

Skaa: Tiffany [WIP], Lord Donahue (smoker) [WIP]. Ms. Grantham [WIP]
Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#46 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

How long do character applications usually take to be approved after being submitted? And how long is there till times up for joining in this ball?

I'm in the process of preparing a character application, though first I need to sort out a few things so that it fits in with the established history, before then fleshing it out some, and finally composing a RP sample.
Though jumping straight into a ball with a new character as a first time RPer sound a bit like jumping into the deep end, I'm sure it'd be fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#47 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

You can read K-Chan's post above. The ball will start when the current pre-ball thread is done, which could take another month or two, in my opinion. Even if the ball all of a sudden starts early for some reason, it's really easy to join in part way through with a new character. Since the ball goes on for quite a while, there is lots of room to join in.

As for character applications, it depends on how much work needs to be done, how much needs to be edited, and how busy the staff is, so it varies.

Hope that helps!

Posted Image

#48 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Sounds like I should likely make it before the ball starts. I submitted my char app to the Workshop, so that's started.
Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#49 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

Talyn Calomine has only just arrived in Luthadel, but will be attending

#50 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

Added!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Aile

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'd like to join, this sounds like a lot of fun. Which means I need to get to work!

#52 Thoughtful Spurts

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

I'd really like Charlotte to go, but I don't know if she'll be done in time. The more I work on her, the more work it seems I need to put on her...

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Terris: Zincell (Feruchemist)
Skaa: Ema (Tineye), Laurence (smoker),

Inactive:

Skaa: Tiffany [WIP], Lord Donahue (smoker) [WIP]. Ms. Grantham [WIP]
Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#53 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Bernard Urvon should be attending

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Votir Zerrung, Bernard Urvon, Celestine Beliveaux

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Bastian Urvon: Mistborn

Astor Urvon:Urvon Heir

Trenton Urvon

#54 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Just reminding you guys that Before the Ball is going to be ending soon, meaning the Perrault Ball will launch right after! If you have any pre-ball business to take care of or you want to get some last minute plotting in, now is a good time to work that out. I know we've had a slow spot recently because of finals and life stuff, but with everyone's participation we can kick things off strong for the second half of Week 2! :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hello all.

As several of the major plots (at least the ones going right now, looking at you Cadiza) seem to be resolving in the ball thread, KChan and I were wondering about when to place the time skip from dinner to dancing (since we'd rather not get bogged down RPing out the entire meal).

Post if you have a plot point you'd like resolved before dinner ends, and I'll keep a list here. For the posse, since we've already shown how the game works, I was thinking we could just assume they play until after the time jump, when we reveal who everyone bought, and proceed to the hilarity that ensues from them having to approach their dance partners. If Lyre, Eclipse or Mozy disagree, please let me know and we can chat about how we want to resolve their plot-line.

List of Plots Points Needing Resolution Before Dinner Ends
  • Aaron, Felix, Kennith - not sure how much more conversation they need, but I at least would like a little more before the dancing begins.
  • Daerra, Camille, Aveline - perhaps a reaction to Caden and Eliza's exit, since they were watching. Other than that, they are pretty much going with the flow.
To add your characters to this list, please post here. If you do not, we will assume their plot line is resolved. If you have characters who are already ready to move on, feel free to post here to tell us so for the sake of clarity.

Glad the ball is going well for everyone!

Posted Image

#56 Moru

Tineye

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:44 AM

All right... I do want to post with Tristand before we get to the dancing.

I have just had a rather.... trying couple of days. So as soon as I get back to normal routine, I am going to attempt to write a post with him, and then I'm fine to skip to the dancing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:52 AM

Okay, as we move into the final segment of the evening, I thought it best to keep a running list of plot points that need to be resolved before the end of the ball here. Post to be added to the list!

LIST OF PLOT POINTS TO BE RESOLVED BEFORE END OF BALL:
  • Aaron/Adala dance.
  • Adala/Sebastien stuff.
  • Cadiza
  • Posse Drinking Game
  • Felix/Eliza Dance
  • Entrone Stuff
  • Katryn / The Four / Luci / Aaron (?)
  • Nevan, Broderick, and Aldwin dance with Camille, Daerra, and Aveline.
  • Camidaeveline
  • Kennith - talking to Ferrah (wuhahaha)
  • Jasun / Caden/ Eliza stuff ******VERY IMPORTANT******
I know some of these are vague, so please flesh things out if you can. Some characters who are the ball and just going with the flow probably don't need to be added to this list. Only include characters who have important things going on!

Happy posting :).

Posted Image

#58 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

Kennith is about to go talk to Ferrah(and to his doom....) :{D Just so you know that that's where that's at.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#59 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:17 AM

Added! And for the record, I am very pleased with this turn of events.

Posted Image

#60 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

Stealing Coma's code to make an updated list!

LIST OF PLOT POINTS TO BE RESOLVED BEFORE END OF BALL:
  • Aaron/Adala dance.
  • Adala/Sebastien stuff.
  • Cadiza - Ongoing until ball ends. Important stuff resolved, pending further discussion.
  • Posse Drinking Game - needs resolution
  • Felix/Eliza Dance - Mostly resolved. He needs to ask her about Tremaine.
  • Entrone Stuff
  • Katryn / The Four / Luci / Aaron - Ongoing?
  • Nevan, Broderick, and Aldwin dance with Camille, Daerra, and Aveline. - Ongoing.
  • Camidaeveline - ???
  • Kennith - talking to Ferrah (wuhahaha)
  • Jasun / Caden/ Eliza stuff ******VERY IMPORTANT****** (end of ball)
  • Ari/Alistair stuff

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users