The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Meeting with Rebels

Ask W2 D4 LN

79 replies to this topic

#1 Wilor Zerrung

• Noble Lurcher, fighting for Skaa

Riordan Casuana's Reputation
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginTremredare

• Allomantic StatusRumored

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Wilor checked his knives thrice before jumping off his town house roof. Tonight was a big night for him. After a long time of searching, he was finally able to meet the rebellion.

He ran and jumped to three rooftops nearby then dropped into an alley and walked down three roads. Better make sure I don't have any chance for bad luck tonight.

After doing things by threes, Wilor arrived at the spot where he had left Devin. She wasn't there. No surprise, she told me she wouldn't be there. Wilor Pulled himself to a roof and surveyed the area. He found another alley nearby that shared many characteristics of the last one Devin had stayed in.

Sure enough, as he approached that alley from above, Devin was standing next to a pile of clothes, finishing off the bread from yesterday. Wilor backtracked a couple of roofs then dropped into an alley and approached Devin on foot.

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 12:24 AM.

Wilor

--Wilor Zerrung,der Abzieher

#2 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Delve turned toward bread-man and raised an eyebrow. "I see you've learned. I thought you noblemen never learned anything. Or, at least, anything useful." She threw the bundle of clothes at him. "With those and a nice coating of ash, you should make a decent Skaa."

#3 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

"Thanks. I've decided on two likely brothels. One near here in the Industrial District and another near the Twists up northwest. What about you?" Wilor hoped they'd be able to discover the correct brothel and get there tonight. He looked over the clothes, satisfied with their appearance.

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Wilor

#4 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Delve nodded and looked a little amused. "I found one up by the Twists as well. Perhaps it's the same one." She said with an ironic look. "It seemed the most promising, at least to me. And, if it is the same one, then maybe it's worth looking into."

#5 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

"That seems very likely to me. If we both found the same one, it must have a better chance. Let me change and then we'll go." Wilor slipped down the side alleyway for privacy and took off his cloak and outer layer of clothes, leaving on his breastplate. He threw the skaa clothes on and readjusted his mask. Don't forget us! his knives reminded him. Wilor grabbed his belt, strappig the pair of knives on. He Pulled himself to the roof and hid his clothes in the shadows. Wilor jumped back down to the alley and walked back to where Devin was, seeing her through the eyeholes in his wooden mask.

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Wilor

#6 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

"Hmm. I don't know if the mask is the best idea." Delve said, arching her eyebrow slightly. "That, however, is completely up to you. To the Twists, then?"

#7 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

"I hope you don't blame me if I don't completely trust you and vice versa. Once we get there and in fairly certain there won't be a fight, I'll remove it. Let's be off." Wilor started walking north.

Edited by Mailliw73, 15 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Wilor

#8 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

"Of course." Delve said, following him with some respect. A very, infinitesimally small amount of respect. He was more careful than many noblemen she'd had had to talk to before. "The Twists are definitely not close, and I would assume you'd like to be back before morning."

#9 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

"No they are not and I assume you would like me to stay with you and not fly off." Wilor smiled through his mask. "Before I forget, heres some meat to thank you for helping me. Why did you decide to help me?"

Edited by Mailliw73, 15 September 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Wilor

#10 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Delve took the food and looked at him for a long moment, as if thinking what to say. "You intrigue me." She answered finally, only partially lying. He was an interesting person, but he was also a gullible noble, probably very rich. She could con him out of a lot before abandoning him.

#11 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Wilor hoped the food would help gain Devin's loyalty, bit by bit. "Really? What fo you find intriguing, the fact that I give you food or that I disarmed you so easily yesterday?" Wilor smirked. "Oh, and yes, I do know you have your knife hidden in your sleeve."

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Wilor

#12 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

"Don't worry. It's not for you." Delve said with a laugh. "But a noble, and not to mention one of your lot, wanting to help the Skaa is unusual. Not only that, you actually seem determined. I've seen young nobles talk about everything from charity to the Skaa to overturning the government, but it never happens."

#13 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

"Thanks," Wilor smiled. "I'm not your typical nobleman. I hate the injustice the Lord Ruler imposed upon skaa. I have a skaa steward, who was like a father to me. In fact, I like him better than my own father. I couldn't understand why he was 'lower' than me. I also read some books in Tremredare, books that The Lord Ruler wouldn't exactly recommend, if you get what I mean. I noticed how horribly skaa were treated and have been trying to find ways to help."

Edited by Mailliw73, 15 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Wilor

#14 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Delve couldn't believe this guy. Actually presuming to think he knew the situation just because he'd read some books. "Well, I almost thought you weren't coming. You were pretty late tonight. Was it one of those horrid parties you have to go to?"

#15 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

"It was. House Perrault had a ball tonight. My father made me go to this one. I'm lucky he doesn't make me go to them all. Afterwards, I had to take my date home. Thats why I was late, sorry about that." Wilor really didn't like balls. Lys was okay though, compared to his dates in the past. It was just tough getting used to courting someone.

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Wilor

#16 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Delve raised an eyebrow at him. She almost asked who his date was, as she was sure someone could use that information, but she decided against it. Even if she could find out exactly who this man was, he would probably turn out to be some unimportant second-son looking for a way to rebel against his father, and there was a part of her, one that she didn't quite acknowledge, that hoped that didn't happen. She hated nobles and she knew they were all the same, but it was nice to at least believe that one of them wasn't like that. "I see." She said, irritated at herself for the brief moment of hope.

#17 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

As they got nearer to the Twists, Wilor asked Devin, "What's your plan anyway? It'd be nice to know."

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Wilor

#18 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

"You mean you didn't think of how this would go?" Delve said with a frown. "Lord Ruler, man! You shouldn't rely on other people to figure out how you are going to do something! This was your idea."

#19 Wilor Zerrung

• Age22

• OriginTremredare

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

"Well, I know what I'm going to say to the rebels but how do we get in to talk to them? I thought that was your end of the deal," Wilor quizzically asked. The pair glanced up to see some Allomancer fly over top of them, closely followed by another one in pursuit.

Edited by Mailliw73, 16 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Wilor

#20 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

"We walk in and observe the situation. Let me do the initial talking." Delve said, rolling her eyes. "As you obviously don't know what you're doing."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users