The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Take the Dice Roll Character Creation Challenge!

Just for Fun Game Character Development

70 replies to this topic

#1 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Here's how it works: I have three dice. Actually I have a lot more than that, but this game only uses three. You volunteer for the challenge, and I roll the dice. I give you the results, and you write a character based on them. Here's a breakdown of the dice and what they affect:

D8/D10/D12: Allomantic ability. The D8 includes the eight basic metals, the D10 includes the possibility of not being an Allomancer, and the D12 includes atium and gold, as well as the potential to not be an Allomancer at all. If you request the D12, your character might wind up as an obligator, as Seers/Augurs are not known outside the Ministry. If you don't request a specific die, I will default to the D10.

Skaa/Noble (Optional): If you wish, I'll roll the numbered die again. If you get an even result, your character is noble. Odd, your character is a skaa. I will only do this with the D8 and D10 options; having skaa Seers/Augurs doesn't really make much sense.

Gender (Optional): If asked, I'll roll the numbered die one more time. If the result is even, your character is female. Odd, they're male.

Attribute Development: The six faces on the die are Weak, Underdeveloped, Typical, Improved, Superior, and Maximum. I will roll this die once* for the following attributes: Social Skills, Combat Ability, and Resources. If asked, I will also roll for Allomantic Skill.

*Based on participant suggestions, I might add more categories to this section. If this happens, I will likely start restricting the results to only include a maximum of one "Maximum" and "Weak" result each to keep things balanced.

Friend/Foe (Optional): Give me the name of one of your characters, or if another player consents, the name of one of their characters. This die will decide whether the two characters are, well, friends or foes.

But what are the prizes? Other than having a shiny new character to play with, you will be entitled to use this shiny badge in your character's sig or at the bottom of their app:

Posted Image

I'm sure you're all just thrilled with your prize. :P

Edited by KChan, 03 January 2015 - 03:57 AM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#2 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

I'll take the challenge. D10 please. I think you should add a skaa/noble option. If you do, I would like you to do that for me as well. If you do and it's a noble, I would like you to do House Bulvier as a friend/foe. Whether or not they're a skaa or noble, though, or if you decide not to do that, I would like to see if Wilor is a friend or foe. Sorry if this is really complicated. Thanks!
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
House Zerrung, House Bulvier
Skaa
Rikor (Under major revisions), Kler, Rasdon ( WIP)

#3 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Alright, our first taker! I don't have a skaa/noble die, so what I'll do is roll the numbered die. Even, it's a noble. Odd, it's a skaa. I can only do this with the D8 and D10 options though; having a skaa Seer doesn't make any sense in the context of the world. Anyways! Here are your results:

You are a skaa with no Allomantic powers.

Social Skills: Superior
Combat Ability: Underdeveloped
Resources: Weak

You are a friend of Wilor Zerrung.

Sort of a challenging result, but this could be a really interesting character. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#4 Mailliw73

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Ooh interesting but difficult. This'll be fun. I'm kind of confused what you mean by resources though, can you explain?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Wilor Zerrung, Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing)
Skaa

#5 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

I purposely left it vague, so that people who are taking the challenge can still have some flexibility in how they interpret it. In the Mistborn Adventure Game though, resources can be anything from money to reputation to social connections.

I don't want to tell you what to do with your own character, but just as an example, one way you might interpret your result is that you have a young, up-and-coming crewleader. His superior social skills can translate into good leadership or a good ability to con people (or both!), but his low resource score might indicate that he's just starting out. He wouldn't have made a name for himself yet, or made the connections that the more experienced crewleaders have. He would have to earn these things via RP rather than starting out with them.

That's just one idea out of many, but I hope that helps clear things up a bit. :)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#6 Mailliw73

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I actually am already working on a crewleader but I have plans for him and he has to be experienced. But I'll do something with this character.
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Nobles
Skaa

#7 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

Well, like I said, that was just one idea. There are plenty of directions you could take this character, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Who's next?
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#8 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well, obviously I need more to write, seeing how fast I got the majority of Liss done(as in, she's almost there). Roll me a character! I'd like a d10, by the way. :{D

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#9 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Congratulations! You're a Coinshot!

Social Skills: Improved
Combat Ability: Improved
Resources: Underdeveloped

Would you like a skaa/noble roll? I can also roll for Allomantic skill, if you'd like.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#10 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

An Allomantic skill roll would be nice. I already know she's going to be a noble.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#11 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

The die says Typical. Have fun! :D
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#12 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Go ahead and count me in. Perhaps thinking about this will help me figure out some of the other characters that have been floating around in the back of my head for the past...years...

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#13 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Sorry for the delay! Here are your results:

You are a character with the power of zinc.

Social Skills: Weak
Resources: Underdeveloped

That's a pretty interesting result. I look forward to seeing how you interpret what the dice gave you! Let me know if you want any noble/skaa or friend/foe rolls done for this person.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#14 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'll take the dice roll challenge, D12 please

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Votir Zerrung, Bernard Urvon, Celestine Beliveaux

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Bastian Urvon: Mistborn

Astor Urvon:Urvon Heir

Trenton Urvon

#15 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Sweet, another taker! :D

You are a Lurcher.

Social Skills: Underdeveloped
Resources: Typical

Let me know if you want a skaa/noble or friend/foe roll. Thanks for playing!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#16 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'll take the noble/skaa dice roll

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Trenton Urvon

#17 KChan

House Sureau

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sure thing! The dice tell me that this character is a noble. Happy creating!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#18 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

This should be fun! Time to get to work!

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Trenton Urvon

#19 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I've only just submitted my first character app, but I wouldn't mind having a few ideas to throw around for further characters at some point. So sure, roll me a D10 and do a roll for noble/skaa.

Also, no mistborn option? I guess you'd want to do a 2d10 or a 3d10 for a number like 1,99,999 (a border number).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#20 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Mistborn are, I believe, not allowed before you have proven yourself with three other approved characters.

Also, can I use this to figure out a character I partially already have?
Is an insane A.I.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users