The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Liss-Skaa Lurcher

3 replies to this topic

#1 Liss

• Sweet Sadist

Posse Member
  • Age16

• Relationship StatusProstitute

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusUnknown

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Liss
Skaa Lurcher

Posted Image

Name/Handle: Mozy
Contact: I’m afraid that you’ll have to Shadehop to find me. If you can’t manage that, PMing would be the second best.

Posted Image

Name: Liss
Type: Skaa
Place of Origin: Luthadel
Relationship Status: Single

Posted Image

Type of Powers: Misting
Metals Used: Iron
Degree of Skill: Novice

Posted Image

Liss is a slender girl with long, voluptuous red-blond hair. She has long limbs, and is tall. Almost as if she was a very average sized girl who got stretched. Her eyes are either blue or green, depending on the light and the colors she’s wearing, and her skin is very light. She only wears a small amount of make-up when working, just enough to accent her important facial features. Otherwise her face is actually rather plain. She also has amazing control over her eyebrows and uses them to accent her every word.

Her dress of choice is slinkier than what is currently the fashion. She prefers to be able to accent the slender length of her body rather than dress in layers of fabric. Fashionable dresses just make her height and long limbs look awkward. She loves blues and greens, with the occasional dark purple. Reds and oranges just don’t work with her coloring. The dress always has to be off her shoulders and the bodice is tightly fitted. The skirt flares around her and the fabric drapes itself almost like satin.

Liss is very fit and fairly flexible. She’s not a gymnast, nor a dancer, but she does have a certain grace to her. She can be clumsy, but rarely when she’s working. It is as if she assumes a different stance and holds herself differently when she’s not around clients. It’s a more casual, less seductive body-language.

Posted Image

Liss is a sweet, kindhearted young girl and an explosive sadist. She has Sadistic Personality Disorder, sub-type Explosive Sadist((wikipedia it for more technical and correct details if my explanation is confusing)). Just like it sounds, she’s a sadist, but she has triggers that trigger a sadistic attack, often a violent rage. She can’t really control the times of the reactions unless she’s really thinking about it. She wishes that she didn’t have to control it as much, but it wouldn’t do for her to torture and/or kill a client who didn’t want it.

Her biggest triggers are comments about her parents, nobles, and derogatory or negative comments about herself. She does have other triggers, but those are the most dangerous. Like all sadists, she enjoys inflicting pain, watching people inflict pain, and torture. It’s almost as if in another life she was an Inquisitor, however, because she is not very powerful in combat, she is not able to follow through on a lot of the threats that she wishes she could.

When she gets to angry she loses some measure of self-control and will lash out at anyone who tries to calm her down. Just like her reactions, it is hard to tell when she’ll calm down, or what lengths she’ll try to go to. She will hurt people that she cares about, especially when angry, but she feels a small amount of guilt about it sometimes. It’s never enough guilt to override the joy, but it is guilt.

Because she is so young, this is a very recent development, maybe sometime within the last three or four years. She’s always had a temper, but it hasn’t always been sadistic. It was a result of a very violent upbringing, as well as a genetic susceptibility towards mental disorders.

When calm Liss is a very sweet, yet still sadistic, girl, and very outgoing. She has some self-esteem issues, and is angry about where she is in life, but it never comes across when she’s calm. She has had to learn how to control her attacks when around clients, and it’s very difficult for her, but definitely something that she works on constantly. She doesn’t want to ruin her reputation, and possibly her life. She does not know that she is an Allomancer, but she does have some suspicions. She has an invasive cheerfulness that no beating or abuse could ever get rid of.

Posted Image

Special Skills: Seduction, optimism, seeing the best in people, torture/violence.

Strengths: Liss is sweet and kindhearted. She’s wonderful with people. Her invasive cheerful nature and amazing way that she sees the best in people instantly charms most people. Her charming outward appearance and her kind, sweet nature make a good combination for her.

Weaknesses: Liss is incredibly unpredictable. Her explosive SPD makes it difficult for her to have a normal conversation, or even interact, with nobles. She can be violent, and can’t control her rages very well. It does not help that she enjoys them. She is also fascinated with blood and pain, which often throws people off.

Posted Image

Liss was raised in the Luthadel slums. She had a family. She had two parents, an older sister, five years older than her, and a younger brother, only younger by one year. Liss’s Allomantic blood comes from Her parents cleaned the ash off the streets, which made enough to live off of. However, they hated each other. It had been a marriage solely because they both needed to live, and they had never intended to have three children. They made terrible parents. Her mother had a violent temper and her father was a drunk. The result was at least two explosive arguments a day, and the children were treated terribly. Liss and her older sister kept their brother from receiving the brunt of their mother in a rage, purely because they were louder, but the effects it had on the two of them were horrible. Liss had inherited her mother’s temper and she screamed constantly as a baby, though that was more a result of her mother’s attempts to shut her up. Throughout her entire early childhood she didn’t know that a person could have no bruises.

When she turned five she was mellowing out. She was sweet, even though she did still have a temper, and she had a wonderful, invasive happiness about her. That only seemed to irritate her mother more. Her father wasn’t ever sober enough to stop the beating. Liss spent the next two years as the sole recipient of her mother’s anger, while her sister grew up into a feisty young adult and her brother into a passive, quiet little kid. Liss’s sister took care of Liss and her brother, and she told them all these stories that she collected by listening in on conversations while she worked.

By this time, Liss was starting to notice something odd. Sometimes, and only sometimes, she felt a warmth in her core and faint blue lines fanned out from her in all directions. She had no idea how to control when this happened, or even what it did. For all she knew this could be totally normal. If that had been all, she would have grown up thinking it was all normal, but it was what came with the blue lines and warmth that made her, even at five, wonder what was going on. For some reason she could pull nails, and other small metal objects, to her. It was nearly unconscious, but she tried her best to hide, and ignore, it.

Finally, when Liss’s older sister was old enough, she came to Liss in the middle of the night. “We’re going to run away. Just the three of us.” She said with a small, secretive smile. “Just like in the stories I tell you.”

Liss loved that idea. Running away like in the stories. She didn’t realize, at the time, the lengths that her sister had gone to to make it work. The two of them were lead by their sister to a brothel where her sister had gotten a job. Liss and her brother, only 6 and 7, weren’t old enough to do anything big at the brothel, but they got a lot of cleaning jobs. The brothel didn’t employ prostitutes under a certain age, which was why they hadn’t been able to run away before.

Liss was amazed by the brothel. She was much to young to understand exactly where she was, but she had never seen anyone but nobles wearing such beautiful clothing. She was actually quite jealous that she didn’t get to wear pretty dresses like her sister.

Only two months into that Liss’s sister told Liss that if anything were to happen, Liss needed to take care of her brother. Liss, the young, innocent child that she was, didn’t realize why her sister was saying that. Not until her sister never came back. She had been taken to be a nobleman’s mistress and was killed shortly after. The brothel continued to employ the children as the cleaning crew and Liss was becoming a favorite among the other workers. Her sweet, outgoing, and incredibly happy, demeanor was a welcome change from the darkness of the Luthadel underground.

Liss was able to honor her sister’s last wish to her until her brother, now 10, accidentally got on the wrong side of a noblewoman. He was killed without so much of a second thought, and Liss could only hear his screams suddenly stop as he was slaughtered.

That was when Liss started to become more unpredictable. She was developing, in many directions, into a sweet, fair-skinned older girl, and when she was 12, the same age as her sister, she began working as a prostitute. She’s lasted much longer than her sister did. The first time she cleaned up and put into a dress was a shocker for some of the others there. Her hair was a whole different shade of blond, and much more red, like a very light ginger, and her green-blue eyes were piercing. The dress itself was a bright blue with a low neckline and a long slit up the side to show off her slender legs.

Having lived in a brothel for many years, she understood how to seduce someone, and turned out to be quite good at it. Liss also didn’t feel like working as a prostitute was wrong, in the same way that she thought all children had abusive parents. She had never been taught any different. The brothel was definitely one of the more respected for a reason, and that was that they treated their prostitutes with what little honor they could. Liss was never taken by a man who was too old and she didn’t work very much until she was fourteen. She didn’t understand why until one of the women, one who had basically helped raise her after her sister died, explained how the rest of the world thought about brothels and sex. After that Liss began to feel like she should be in a more respectable line of work.

When she was fifteen she heard tell of a rebellion and left the brothel. Liss liked the idea of overthrowing the nobility. They had hurt her so much that it was time she hurt then back. She threatened and connived her way to the rebellion and was able to join, despite her young age. She began working for one of their fronts, a brothel run by a woman named Tura. There she found a use for her sadism, as well as a way to control it when she needed to. When needed, Liss can be controlled with help from emotional Allomancy, which is a common trait among Tura’s girls. That didn’t make her very happy, but she dealt with it with only one minor temper tantrum.

Liss has no idea she is an Allomancer. She snapped as an infant when her mother almost killed Liss while in a rage. She doesn't really very much about Allomancy, aside from some of the basics, and that she only learned when she joined the rebellion. For Liss, burning is purely something she does instinctively, often when she's angry. It's a handy way to procure herself a weapon, and the warmth can sometimes help calm her down. She knows that this isn't something everyone can do, but she's never connected it to the little she knows about Allomancy. Now, however, because of the small amount that she has been taught about Allomancy, she is beginning to get suspicious, and that only makes her want to hide it more.

Posted Image

“Liss! Liss, darling!” A young female voice called from the other side of a thin door. A fourteen-year-old Liss stared determinedly at the ceiling above her, her hands on her stomach. She was lying on her small bed, in the tiny room that she occupied at the brothel. The laces on front of her dress were only partly done and her hair was a long, red mess. “Sweetie, you have to come out sometime.” The voice called again. After Liss still didn’t answer, the door opened and a pretty young woman, about 23, entered and sighed. “Liss, you can’t keep doing this. You’ll be thrown out.” She said, gesturing at the mess on the floor.

The small table that normally held a mirror and Liss’s makeup was overturned. Some of the nails that normally held the table were scattered on the floor among shards of glass and containers of makeup. Liss looked over at the woman. “I didn’t mean to, Della, but I got mad.”

Della sat on the edge of Liss’s bed. “You do have to come out soon, Liss.”

“There will be noblemen out there.” Liss said, her voice hallow. She had been thinking about her sister.

Della stroked Liss’s hair, almost motherly. “Ah, Liss, sweetie. I know how you feel. They’re horrible.”

“I just don’t see why I always have to go out there and charm them just to live!” Liss jumped up, off her bed. “I want to make them suffer, not let them use me for pleasure!” She was screaming at Della and suddenly one of the stray nails was in her hand.

Della looked scared. “You know you can’t do that, Liss. You’d be killed.”

“I DON’T CARE! As long as I take them with me!” Liss continued, not sounding like she was going to stop soon. “I want to make them die in the most painful way I can imagine! I want to put their eyes out and cut off their hands and then they won’t ever be able to look at me or touch me ever again!” Della began to approach Liss slowly while she railed, an inhuman smile beginning to grow on her face as she thought of the pain she could put the nobility through. “And then I’ll let them live like that while they listen to me kill the rest of them, and there will be NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT!”

Della looked terrified, but she still took Liss’s wrist and pried the nail away from her. Liss, having reached the climax of her rage was suddenly calm again. Della set the nail down and took the laces of Liss’s dress in her hands, pulling them tight. “Liss, you need to pull it together. You have a job to do. We all do. I don’t like the nobility any more than you do, but I don’t let it get in the way of my work.”

Liss was silent, and then she was smiling again. “So who should we expect tonight?”

“You know I can’t tell you that. You know that they don’t feel the need to let us know.” Della said, smoothing out the front of Liss’s dress and then walking over to where her hairbrush was laying on the floor.

“It seems that everyone feels themselves to good to let us know when they’ll be here.” Liss said, letting Della brush out her long hair.

“That’s just our lot in life.” Della said, glad that Liss was back to normal. “Were you hoping for a certain person?” She teased with a grin. Liss laughed brightly and shook her head. “Stop moving. I can’t take care of your hair when you’re moving like that.”

Liss rolled her eyes. “You’re the one who asked me a question, Del. But no, I’m not hoping for anyone, I just like to know what to expect.”

“So do we all, Liss.” Della said, pulling lightly on Liss’s hair. Liss closed her eyes and focused on the soft pulling on her hair and the warmth in her stomach. She didn’t know when it had started. The warmth had definitely been there during her initial rage, it was how she’d ripped the nails out of the table, but then it had stopped. Now it and the blue lines that accompanied it were back, and it was comforting. It was the knowledge of the power she possessed when the warmth was there that comforted her. It helped her keep her mind off her anger, which would, as Della always reminded her, get her thrown out. When Della was done, Liss pulled the hair that had been left down over one shoulder and smiled at Della.

“I can do my own make-up, Del. You go worry about yourself now. I hate making you worry about me.” Liss said, crouching down to pick up the shards of glass on the floor. The warmth had left, but she was still happy.

Della watched Liss for another moment and then nodded and left the room softly. Lyss looked up at the door and then stood up, righting the table as best as she could and setting the glass on it, sighing quietly.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 07 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#2 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Liss is a fascinating character, and I love how you mixed her positive traits with a deeply-rooted and potentially fatal flaw. She's got an approval from me; one more to go!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Well, here's vote two which means she is approved! I'm interested to see how she interacts with Valerre and Daphne at the brothel :)

Posted Image

#4 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Woohoo! I'm gonna find her/start her a topic as soon as I'm done with my novel planning.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell