The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Meeting the Family

W2 D2 EA

32 replies to this topic

#21 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Renette was almost overwhelmed by the amount of books. She had never been a fast reader, and so she didn't find the time to really sit down and read a whole book, but she did enjoy them and this was enough to keep her occupied for a lifetime. The library itself was gorgeous, but the books outdid it all. Perhaps she'd be able to find composer biographies or something interesting like that.

The smaller room with the music was even better. People rarely entered small side rooms, unless they were looking for something, and that would mean that she could come here to hide sometimes. "This is wonderful." Renette said softly, running her hand over the spines of scores and original manuscripts and symphonies. A genuine smile graced her face as she moved slowly along the bookshelf.

#22 Rosalie Deveaux

Tineye
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

"I was going to look for a gown to wear, I mean, of course I have one that I like but I'd love to find a better one," Rosalie said. She quieted once she approached the doors of the library, allowing Renette the full experience of the sight. It was an impressive part of the Keep, Rosalie would admit.

The Deveaux library had never been Rosalie's favorite place. Rosalie was more at home in the training yard than with a bunch of old books. She spent time in the library with Renaud though. Once they made it into the library, she followed the girls to the music section and watched Renette admire their collection.

"What do you play, Renette?" Rosalie asked, not wanting to interrupt, but she was finding herself growing bored.

Her brother was somewhere in the library, probably in his favorite chair resting with a book on his face. She would find him once they were finished. She allowed him a little rest for the time being.

#23 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• OriginUrteau

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

This collection was wonderful. Renette was happy to just look at the music, for now. Eventually she would want to play it, but that would have to come in between her other duties. But for now, it was enough that it was here.

A voice interrupted Renette's thoughts. "Viola, mostly, but I dabble with the violin and the piano." She said, turning to Rosalie. It was only polite. "The collection here is large. I should be well occupied." Her smile had disappeared and was replaced by a polite, but not over-bored or over-serious, facial expression.

#24 Rosalie Deveaux

Tineye
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

"I haven't ever played a stringed instrument. I play piano occasionally, but I am no master." Rosalie was never very patient when it came to her music lessons. She enjoyed making music, but she didn't have the patience to practice at it with any heart. Of course she was expected to be at least proficient with the piano.

She grinned. "I think it might be time to wake my brother, if you'll excuse me," She curtsied and ducked around the corner, trying to find Renaud's favorite hiding place. His favorite chair by the window that overlooked the grounds.

She found him with a book covering his face. He liked to pretend he could absorb the knowledge of a book through his pores. She picked up the book. "No wonder you fell asleep, brother." She held it upside down and pretended to read it.

"I wasn't asleep," Renaud said, rubbing the lie from his eyes.

"I know you were absorbing" Rosalie chuckled. "Nevermind. Our cousin has arrived, and she wants to see Luthadel and you promised to take me out to find a dress for the Perrault ball." she said. "Come with us."

Renaud looked at her blankly for a moment, before he nodded. Rosalie grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the music section to meet the family. Once returned, she presented Renaud and made the necessary introductions. "Renette, this is my brother Renaud, we all call him Reni, because it annoys him."

Renaud cleared his throat. "You call me that, and no it doesn't. A pleasure, Renette."

"Honestly, you would think my dear brother is sleep deprived the way he naps with his books all day." she said, poking fun at him.

#25 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Luci offered a grin and a wave when Reni appeared; though they had only met recently, she quite liked Reni, and she looked forward to spending more time with him. She did feel a little bad that the current opportunity was for him to spend the afternoon shopping with three women, but hopefully he wouldn't mind, especially if she gave him a little backup.

"Perhaps he just stays up late," she offered with a smile. "It's commonly thought in scholarly circles that people of high intelligence prefer staying awake at night. The silence makes it easier to think."

Posted Image

#26 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• OriginUrteau

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Renette smiled a little bit at the discussion of books and sleep deprivation. It was something that she was not unaccustomed to. "I find that good books always keep one up at night," She said, more relaxed with the conversation than she had been before. "And often it is the only time one gets a significant amount of time to read, or so I have found." She was used to having to sacrifice reading time for practice, and so the nights she often stayed up to finish a book. It was only right. Sleep could wait. "There is also the added benefit of no one coming to interrupt, as everyone in their right mind is asleep, or elsewhere."

#27 Renaud Deveaux

Tineye

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

Renaud never minded going shopping with his sister, and a few added cousins along wouldn't make much of a difference. Sure, he was outnumbered. He felt very used to that at this point. Rosalie didn't tend to have many male friends, or spend time with many of their male relatives, which made Renaud much more comfortable anyway.

"Exactly. I must be a genius." Renaud said dryly, messing with his sister's hair. She did not look amused. "The most creative mind of our generation..."

Next thing he knew his arm was sore. His sister punched him, as playfully as she could, even though Renaud knew she was burning pewter. He didn't bother retaliating. They were only joking around after all.

"My dear sister, you should work on your temper."

Rosalie turned to the girls, ignoring him completely. "Would you like to go to town now, or would you like to spend some more time with the music, Renette?" Rosalie asked, pretending Renaud had disappeared completely. A rare gift his sister had given him. She almost never let him get away with playfully boosting his own ego while they were alone.

#28 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• OriginUrteau

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

Renette hid her amusement. They were entertaining to watch, as they were so casual with each other. She wondered, for a moment, what it was like to have a sibling, or even a friend, that one could be that casual with. She pushed those thoughts out of her head and nodded slowly. "I will just follow wherever you three feel like going. I do not have to be antisocial, if you have plans for showing me around the city."

The music was calling her, but it was important to get to know her cousins. If she didn't she would just end up falling into a routine that would make her lonely again. She could at least pretend that she had friends, even if they would inevitably go back to talk to more interesting people when they got bored of her quietness.

#29 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Luci gave Renette a friendly, encouraging smile. "Well, you did say you needed gown for the ball, right? Why don't we go see what we can find? By the time we get back, they should be finished bringing your things up, and then you can kick us all out if you want to settle in."

Posted Image

#30 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• OriginUrteau

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

Renette gave Luci a faint smile and nodded. "That sounds like a lovely idea." She said, her voice soft but not timid. It would be a good idea of getting to know the city before she wanted to take walks by herself.

#31 Rosalie Deveaux

Tineye
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

"It's settled then," Rosalie said, grinning. She was excited to get out of the Keep and into the open air. Rosalie didn't bother hiding her excitement at the prospect of going into the city. When Rosalie wasn't training she would rather be out of the Keep.

She knew that Renaud would prefer to be here with his books, but Rosalie would feel more comfortable with her brother along with them. She was first to leave the library, leading the way.

"She might have a case of cabin fever," Renaud said to Lucille. "I don't know the last time she left the Keep to shop."

#32 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

"All the better we're going now, then!" Luci said with a smile. "I have to admit, even I get a little stir crazy if I stay in too long. Even though libraries are wonderful places, of course."

Luci smiled excitedly as they followed Rosalie out of the keep. Today was looking to be an excellent day.

Posted Image

#33 Renette Deveaux

• Noble Coinshot

Posse Member
  • Age19

• OriginUrteau

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

Renette fell into step with Renaud, watching her other two cousins with slight amusement. She thought for a moment, trying to decide if what she wanted to say would be offensive, and then began to speak. "I know that Luci is easily excitable, but is Rosalie always like this?" She asked, making sure that her voice conveyed her amusement. She was always worried that what she said would be taken badly. It actually took quite a lot of courage to speak to her cousin. "I do not think that I have seen someone this excited about shopping."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users