The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Of Invalids and Orphans

W2 D4 LA Ask Elle Nessa

25 replies to this topic

#21 Elle

• Skaa Coinshot

Prelan
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

"I would... I would like that." Elle said, the thought of woodworking again was a calming one. Just her and the wood, no people to confuse things. Like now, there was a certain wistfulness to Nessa's voice, Elle could not read the expression on her face but was she sad? Jealous? Angry with Elle for having something she didn't? A life as a member of a street gang did not sound appealing at all. Especially as a young girl.

"It was life," Elle said finally, "I never really... knew anything outside the shop and carpentry. It just was." Her fingers tightened where they were laced together, tightened until it was painful but she didn't stop. She needed pain, she needed some outlet so she didn't shatter into a thousand pieces again. "But it is gone now," her voice was harsher then she meant it to be, and her next words were gentler, "Now I am just like you, a rebel."

She could not meet the other girl's gaze, could not stare at anything but her hands. Slowly, slowly she loosened her death grip on herself, unlacing her fingers and letting her hands fall to rest on her dress's skirt. She was in control. She would not fall apart just because she mentioned what she lost, "I'm sorry." she offered. She didn't know what else to say.

Edited by Noelle, 31 December 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#22 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

"Don't be sorry for me," Nessa said simply. "Honestly, I'm not even here for the rebelling. I'm here for the food, and the roof over my head, and the people who don't try to kill me in my sleep." Or worse, but she didn't want to talk - or even think - about that. Best not to mention it. So instead she imagined Perrin helping her beat up the men who used to try to sneak into her bedroll at night, which made her feel decidedly better.

"Ignas might make me kill people," she continued, "but I've still got it made here. Never thought I'd find a crew that actually cares about each other. Feels kind of weird, honestly."

#23 Elle

• Skaa Coinshot

Prelan
  • Age22

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

"Honestly, I'm not even here for the rebelling. I'm here for the food, and the roof over my head, and the people who don't try to kill me in my sleep."

Elle winced, all those were things she'd already had. What then, was she gaining by being in the rebellion? Life. Was her immediate answer, and maybe friends? Elle had never had a friend before. Were she and Nessa friends now? She wasn't sure.

"It will be strange being around people who are not related to me," she said, "But if they are all as nice as you I do not think I will mind." A peace offering, for bringing up bad memories, and perhaps the truth.

Edited by Noelle, 03 January 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#24 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Nice? This Elle girl thought Nessa was nice? She almost didn't know what to say to that. After all, she'd never been particularly good at talking to people or winning them over. She still wasn't sure how Perrin had even noticed her in the first place. But she guessed if Elle wanted to think she was nice, she could. As for the others...

"Nicer," she said simply. "Usually. They take care of us here, and I have a bad habit of throwing furniture at people." And Inquisitors, but she didn't want to think about that... that thing right now. She paused thoughtfully, before realizing that there was, in fact, one thing that Elle should probably be warned about.

"Except Ignas. He likes threatening to light me on fire. You should probably avoid him if you can help it."

#25 Elle

• Skaa Coinshot

Prelan
  • Age22

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

Elle just stared at Nessa mutely for a moment, the other girl seemed to have talent for making non sequiturs. And puns, Ignas threatening to light people on fire. Although that wasn't really that funny, to be honest. More... frightening.

"I will be sure to do my best." she said, shrugging, "Surely he will not be interested in a nigh useless Coinshot, so it should not be that hard."

#26 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

Nessa shrugged. "I guess. Didn't think he'd be interested in me either, but Ignas is weird." She paused, thoughtful. "Yeah, I guess weird is about the only word for him. That, and scary."

She frowned as she suddenly became aware of the receding warmth within her. Had she really been out here that long? She could have sworn she'd had more pewter than this, but then, she had it on a much higher burn - and much more consistently - than she usually did. She needed to get back upstairs, and fast. She stood carefully, already aware of her battered body remembering that it was, in fact, injured. Her muscles protested even that simple movement, and she found herself leaning against the wall slightly.

"Anyways, I should probably get upstairs. It'd be bad if I ran out of pewter down here. Nice talking to you, or whatever you're supposed to say when you're leaving."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users