The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

The Grand Tour

w2 d3 ma closed theatre crew Aldric Venture

1 reply to this topic

#1 Gaston Bouchard

• Lord of the Theatre

Tineye
  • Age48

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusDeeply Hidden

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

On one end of the Hotel District in Luthadel, as a beacon of high class living and entertainment, stood a tall, well-kept building. As the morning sun rose, a few skaa were pushing the ash away from the front of the building, collecting it to be redistributed. Different skaa would also scrub the stonework foundation of the theatre before anyone was allowed into it that evening. It was very similar to many of the hotels along the same street, but it had signs in front, showing that it was in fact the renowned Luthadel Theatre Company.

Inside the lobby was plush, the walls were dark, giving it a very rich atmosphere. During the day, the windows were opened to let light in for the work crews to clean the inside of the building. Everything would need to be perfect for the day ahead -- and the performance that evening.

Today was an important day. Gaston could feel it in his bones and in the deep reaches of his wallet. He woke up next to the most beautiful woman, surrounded by his best friends, in the theatre he had spent his life dreaming about. He whistled while he got dressed, and groomed to meet a new friend, a Venture no less. A boy named Aldric, and possibly his richest mark yet.

The Venture boy would be a wonderful asset. As a member of the richest house in the Final Empire, he was able to give them funding if he liked them. Most men needed to be convinced and that was where his ... gift with words would come in. This lad seemed eager to donate to the cause, because of his love of theatre. Gaston was not entirely convinced by words, it was the money that he would hopefully receive to keep his thriving business alive.

The two had been in correspondence over the last few days, and it was today that Aldric Venture would finally see the theatre Gaston built from his dreams.

Everyone was awake moving about the theatre as usual. Although they only did performances in the evenings, they had so much to prepare every day. The work began before midday, and often went to the middle of the night to set up for the performance the next day. The life in the theatre was a lot more work than they could show in the magic that happens on stage, but as long as Luthadel continued to like their performances, the money would be enough appreciation. It was worth it to keep his family well clothed, fed, and happy.

By mid afternoon everyone was practicing routines for the evening, his daughter teaching the dancers with Rowena -- their usual dance instructor -- absent for a few days. Several of the backstage crews were climbing the rafters setting up new lights and still more were cleaning the audience’s seats. Gaston could only stay a few moments before he was informed his new friend was on his way.

Once the carriage arrived, Gaston was ready. He had several skaa sweep the entrance again so his lord Venture didn't have to walk in ashes. He was dressed in one of his favourite noble suits, complete with cravat and a vest. He had a dueling cane, but it was simply for show. Gaston couldn’t duel, nor did he want to.

He was accompanied by his most trusted allies, Bertrand and Lefoux. Where would he be without his friends? He looked to them before they walked out to greet the carriage. “Ready as we’ll ever be, right my friends?” He led them out into the mid afternoon sun, putting a genial smile on his face. As the young noble descended the steps of the carriage he laid eyes on his pen pal.

"My dear lord Aldric. It is so nice to finally put a name to the penmanship." he said giving a low bow. "I am honored to have you visit us, but I daresay we aren't fully prepared for visitors. You will have to excuse our backstage crews and dancers practicing while we take a walk around. I do hope this isn't an inconvenience for you," he said, smiling as he greeted his new best friend.

“Allow me to introduce my colleagues, This is Bertrand Archambault, and this is my dear friend Lefoux. Please, my lord if you’ll follow me, we can make it inside before any of the ash stains your coat and we can begin our tour as promised.”

#2 Aldric Venture

• Heir to the Plantation

Prelan
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginUrteau

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

Luthadel was simply enormous, Aldric had discovered. He had not thought it would be that much larger then Urteau, but it was. It was quite a humbling experience, for all that he was still a Venture, Aldric was just one of many nobles of high station. Indeed there were probably more nobles of high station here then in the rest of the empire put together. It was disconcerting to say the least.

But then again, he thought, There are also more low nobility than my plantation has skaa. Among them, at least, Aldric might feel some modicum of comfort. He knew how to comport himself around people lesser then him, he was less familiar with being around those who eclipsed him in rank.

Aldric sighed, he didn't have time for this unease. He was here for a reason, to look after Adala, he would do whatever was needed to help him with that. In fact he was on his way to the second most important thing he would do that day, making his excuse to be here ironclad. It would not do to go to Adala saying he only planned to be a patron of the theater. She would see through that in an instant. But if he had already gone, perhaps that might give her pause. He knew, deep down, that he was fighting a losing battle, but he would fight it anyway. A Venture did not give in, even to one's sister. At least not quickly.

The carriage came to a stop, indicating their arrival at the theater, and Aldric stepped out. Lord Gaston was there to greet him, he inclined his head after the man bowed to him, it would not do to bow back, their difference in rank was too great. The man was diffident, as he should be, but Aldric couldn't help but be amused by his subservience. He had every intention of giving this man his money, he really wished he could just say that. But no, there were protocols that had to be followed. He was not his sister, he would follow them to the letter.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you, I am sure," Aldric said, and added, "It will be no trouble, Lord Gaston, I have always wanted to see back stage, at any rate." and followed the man inside.

Edited by Noelle, 30 December 2013 - 04:28 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users