The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Running Out of Options

D4 W2 LA Delve Klyde Ryle ask

47 replies to this topic

#41 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Delve tensed up when Sil hugged her. She didn't like hugs, or other physical contact. It made her feel vulnerable. The conversation was interesting, and she was willing to just listen to it. The more she spoke the more likely it was that someone would figure it out. However, a strange nobleman? She was almost tempted to ask. There seemed to be a lot of them around now.

#42 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

• Originthe Tresting plantation

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Ryle mistook Zincell's last comment as a question about her reasons to join Klyde, and answered her promptly.

"I need the shelter. You've seen what happens when I am on the street, didn't you?", her forehead creased with thought for a moment, "My life seems to always be interesting. That somehow always happens to me..."

Edited by Tal Spektor, 31 January 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#43 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

Riordan Casuana's Reputation
  • Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

She cringed a little more, but turned to the matter at hand. "It was an odd event, he said he might have a job for me, or my crew, though I don't know if you would want this in your condition." She added, talking to Klyde and handing him a baywrap.

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 31 January 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#44 Klyde

• Crewleader

House Raisaal
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Klyde ignored all the silly talk about Zincell and him being an item. If the girl, (Ryle was it now?) was foolish enough to believe such a thing, then perhaps he didn't want her in his crew after all. He'd have to watch her closely for more of such weakness.

He perked up at the mention of drink. "What's the use of drink without some zing, hmmm? Give me a glass of the good stuff. Food as well." Once both the promised food and drink were provided, Klyde looked at Zincell expectantly, "Well, I've been waiting patiently. Tell me about this supposed 'job' you have, and the noble whoever-he-is who you were chatting up in the process." He had mostly forgotten to plan what he was going to say to Zincell while she was away up until this moment. He'd always been good at thinking on the fly. no matter what state he happened to be in at the time.

"And," he said as a quick aside to 'Ryle' and her chaperone, "No more comments from the peanut gallery. I need to focus."

#45 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

"Well, I met a noble, who played some strange game with me, and he said he might have a job for me and my crew, and that I should meet him at the Old Wall bridge in two days." She said. "And this would also be a purely professional relationship."

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 17 February 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#46 Klyde

• Crewleader

House Raisaal
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

"That's it?" Klyde asked, incredulous. "That all the information you have for me?" Klyde groaned. How was he supposed to accept a job or not without more information. For all he knew there was no job, and the noble was just playing games with what he saw as a helpless skaa, or he was some sort of spy, sent to track down thieving crews.

"As things are, I can't commit to anything. From what you've told me, I have no idea what this noble intended, or if he is trying to catch us or trap us. Generally, I prefer to plan jobs for myself, and my crew, of course, not some noble fop who wants to feel tough for a change." Especially since those 'fops' often end up being more than that. "If you see whatever his name is again, feel free to get more information, but before I agree to anything, I'll need you to ascertain whether or not he's a spy, what his motives in approaching you are, and what he is going to require of us. Under no circumstances are you to give him any information about me or the rest of the crew. Am I making myself clear?"

Suddenly, Klyde noticed he was developing a headache. "Now then, are we done here? If there are not any more questions, I think it's time for my nap."

#47 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Delve took Sil's hand, as if ready to leave. Devren was quite the protective young fellow, with a complex past. She'd have to remember what she'd told Klyde and Sil about his past so that she couldn't accidentally contradict herself in the future. She also committed to memory the talk of the mysterious nobleman and the job. That would be important for her to figure out. "C'mon Sil. We should let mister Klyde have his space."

With her other hand she pulled her large overcoat closed. There were more people now and then they'd be outside again, which meant more angles, but she didn't have to think about it. Hiding herself was a reflex now. "Should we come back sometime when we've got money or questions? I would hate to barge in unexpected again."

Edited by MozytheHealer, 25 February 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#48 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

"Alright..." She said unsure, leaving the hospital room.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users