The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Running Out of Options

D4 W2 LA Delve Klyde Ryle ask

47 replies to this topic

#21 Klyde

• Crewleader

House Raisaal
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Klyde nodded slowly, trying not to give too much away. They were good, that much was clear. He knew it was likely some of what they said was still lies, but it was obvious they had seeded it with grains of truth to make it more convincing. That was good, because if he had his way, they would be lying the nobles and thieves who wrote the bloody book on deceit. Furthermore, Devren had passed Klyde's main test by acknowledging that no one could be trusted in the underground, least of all one's allies. If Klyde could trust the man to be honest about that, then perhaps he would be able to trust him with a job, even if he looked like another bloody teenager.

"Very well. You're in," said Klyde, going with his gut. "As you can see," he continued, indicating his bandages, "We are a bit of a stand still at the moment, but I should be well again by the end of the week, so we'll see about starting on something a little more exciting then. I don't expect to be able to trust you with my life or anything, but I do expect to depend on you to get the job done, so you can spend the next few days proving your reliability to me. Right now, I've got two oth... two kids," he corrected, remembering Devren's insistence that he was twenty-five years old, "One hasn't been around much since the... er fire, or whatever. The other, her name is Cell, and she's a little wacky but she's proven quite resourceful."

Klyde deliberately left Delissia out of his crew description. First of all, he still wasn't sure if she was with him or not, and secondly, if she was with him, then she was the ace he wanted to save for later. What he wouldn't give to take her to ball again! And not just any ball, a Luthadel one! Delissia had been at the Casuana ball, so she likely already had a taste for how magnificent the balls in capital were compared to their provincial dominance counterparts. He could almost see her now, ravishing in whatever she wore, chatting up the most powerful men and women in the empire like they were the oldest of friends...

"Anyways," Klyde said, banishing the thoughts that were all too close to becoming uncomfortable fantasies, "In the mean time, we need to raise some income to get things moving. I've got some gold of my own, but everyone's gotta contribute if we're gonna be able to pull of any bigger jobs in the near future. Right now, I want you two operating, on your own, or perhaps with Cell if you run into her, getting as much money as information as you can. I hope I can trust you not to be reckless, and to avoid making the wrong people angry, because let's face it, we're just starting out and can't handle the heat. Then, once I'm more mobile, and we've got some more boxings to get things moving, we'll pull something bigger, get some more funds, and continue to build from there."

"So," he said, looking at both in turn," Are you in or out?"

#22 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginNorthern Plantation

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Delve nodded, almost excitedly. She was almost a little worried about the personas she had going right now. Not only were there two of them, but they were both so emotional. She was stuck now, though. "I'm in." She said, secretly irritated with herself. Helping build up the crew would make it harder to leave.

#23 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

• Originthe Tresting plantation

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Cell? Why is this name so familiar? And why is he so absent minded all of a sudden? Is she his girlfriend?

"I am in.", she replied, just as a knock on the door sounded throughout the small room.

Edited by Tal Spektor, 31 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#24 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

Riordan Casuana's Reputation
  • Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

"Good." Zincell said. "I wouldn't want to try to sneak in with you two in the middle of the doorway.--I brought baywraps."

She added the last, directed at Klyde.

"Wait a second, aren't you that girl..?" She said, looking at Ryle from the side.

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 31 January 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#25 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Delve was surprised by the woman, guessing that it was probably Cell. She was taller that Delve had anticipated. As Delve noticed more about this woman, she realized that she had seen Cell at the hospital when Delve was staking it out to make sure that Klyde was actually here. She said nothing, waiting to see how this played out and hoping to make Devren seem like he knew when to wait to be addressed and when to talk.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 31 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#26 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Ryle turned around to the sound of a familiar voice.

"Ah, so you are the Cell he was referring to. Again, thank you so much! I... I owe you so much.", she paused for a few moments of emphasis, "I am so glad to see you again!", she took the bag of baywraps out of Zincell's hand and put it on a nearby chair for a moment, "May I hug you?"

#27 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

"Okay..." She said, a tad surprised at the outburst.

#28 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Ryle dove right in. She could not have imagine a happier thing to do at the moment, than meet Zincell again and joining a crew with her. This was turning out to be such a great day.

#29 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Zincell hugged back, still a little surprised.

"It was, uh, Ryle, right?"

#30 Klyde

• Crewleader

House Raisaal
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Klyde raised an eye-brow. "Is anyone," he said, raising is voice, "Going to tell me what in the Lord Ruler's ash-blasted name is going on here? Wait," he continued, holding up his hand to stall any forthcoming explanation, "First, is that a bay-wrap?" While it hadn't been that long since Zincell had bought him the last round of baywraps, Klyde was still hungry, and eager for more.

"I don't suppose your brought anything to drink as well?"

#31 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

"I'm as lost as you are." Delve said, before Klyde changed the subject to the food. Sil hadn't told her anything about this other person, Cell. Nor had she said her name was Ryle. Either both were fake names, which would not be surprising considering how no one knew Delve's real name, or Delve hadn't gotten her real name. Also plausible, as Sil's eyes were indicative of it being a nickname.

#32 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

"Well, of course they are.", said Ryle, still not letting go of Zincell, "Did you not smell them? And how do you let yourself talk to her that way? Aren't you afraid Zincell would leave you? Even more curious - why do you", she directed at Zincell, "let him treat you this way? Why would you be with such a man?"

#33 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

"I--be--what? He's a crew leader." She said, as though that excused his behaviour. "Also, yes I did, of the alcoholic and non-alcoholic nature. Which would you like, sir?"

#34 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

"Oh, come on! We all know that that is not true. Unless...", she figuratively turned back to Klyde, "Is this a one way crush?"

#35 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

"Um what?" Zincell asked, confused. "I'm sorry? This is a professional relationship."

#36 Delve

Posse Member
  • Age25

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

"Right. Now I really am lost. How d'you two know each other, and what are you talking about?" Delve said, knowing that, though she understood, Devren was not as smart or observant as Delve was.

#37 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

"She is... she is like you. About a week ago, she saved me from being enslaved, all by herself. I am sorry - I have never given you the same treatment.", she had gone to hug Devern as thanks, "I was just too dazed to show gratitude."

As she finished hugging Devern, she answered his other question. "Come on, did you not pay attention? He was talking about Zincell, and then he had gone all absent, daydreaming, most probably of her. What else would put such an expression on his face?"

#38 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Probably Delissia, Zincell thought with a roll of her eyes.

"Maybe he was thinking about the food I said I'd bring." Zincell said.

#39 Ryle

• Thief

Skaa
  • Age15

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

"Oh, come on. Be serious here. This was a woman. And he was just talking about the fact that you are a part of his crew."

#40 Zincell

• Terrisgirl

• Age17

• OriginTerris Dominance

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

"I don't care. Again, professional." She said, cringing slightly. "So, onto the strange nobleman?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users