The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Ancients Whispering

closed Jonesi Felicity Arduenna [W2] [D3] [HN]

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesi

• Skaa Godfather

Steward in Training
  • Age63

• Relationship StatusWidowed

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Jonesi was getting tired. He had spent the better part of the morning showing Cell the River's Stop safehouse, and then making his way back to the Meson Workshop. His body was getting old, but he knew that if he ever stopped moving he would be useless and dead. Even despite the years of service he had given to the House Meson.

Once he had gotten back he had called for some of the younger boys to help him get a cart ready. He made his way to the table nodding at young Lords Marcus and Maddox over by the planning table. He approached them and bowed. Lord Marcus smiled that charismatic smile of his, and turned back to his papers. Lord Maddox stayed focused on the numbers in front of him.

Jonesi found the leather bound parcel that Lord Martin had prepared for the task that he was about to set out upon. It was time to call upon the Witch of Old Wall Street.

The younguns would take the cart and go around getting some wholesale supplies from apothecaries around the Commercial District. In the meanwhile he would get some more personal remedies for himself and Lord Martin. And some much needed information.

Jonesi ambled into the cart and the boys took off.

Posted Image

Jonesi walked up to the door of the Witch of Old Wall Street, behind him he could sense the boys taking the cart off running towards the next apothecary. In one arm he carried the leather-bound package, in the other a bowl of fresh soup. It was lunch time and it wouldn't be polite for him to disturb her without offering something, at least he had been put under that impression in the past. The witch was older than any other being he knew in Luthadel other than the Lord Ruler himself. There were rumors that surrounded her on the streets, and had seen what happened to the fools that been belligerent to her in the past.

He set the package down and knocked on the door calling out, "Mother Ashes, May I come in?"

Edited by Lanscaper, 16 January 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#2 Felicity Arduenna

• Mother Ashes

Looking Good in Red
  • AgeOld

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

. . . I collapsed onto the bed next to him, exhausted.

His laughter startled me. "What?" I asked, "Why am I so amusing to you?"

He chuckled again. Few have had the pleasure of hearing his laugh. The wonderful sound of it still haunts the sweetest of my dreams. "It's not you," he said, "I was just thinking."

"What?" I asked, knowing he would answer me truthfully. He had never lied to me, and the more time I spent with him, the more I realized the depth of his integrity. In hindsight, it made sense, after all, what reason did a god have to lie? Then, I was still naive enough to see him as a man in love, and so his honesty was refreshing.

"I was just wishing I could gift you some of my power, so that you could burn some pewter right now."

It took me a moment to understand what he was saying. When I did, the fact that he was divine did not stop me from attempting to whack him with my pillow.

Felicity smiled as she reread over her latest draft of chapter eight. Perhaps she would leave a copy of the chapter to Shokahn in her will. The only thing stopping her was the thought of him showing it to the Lord Ruler. While thinking of the Inquisitor's face reading the chapter was highly amusing, the thought of him reading was mortifying, even if it happened when Felicity was dead. He was her god, after all. While she would surely have to account for all her actions in whatever life came next, she wasn't keen on accounting for them knowing the avatar her story was about had actually read the pages.

Her contemplations were interrupted by a rap at the door, and a request to come in. Realizing what time it was, Felicity set aside her largely untouched meal, and tidied up her counter. After a moment of hesitation, she decided to save the barely eaten bowl of oatmeal for later. Hopefully it would agree with her stomach then.

"Come in," she called, her voice hoarse from misuse. "Welcome. What can Mother Ashes help you with today?"

#3 Jonesi

• Skaa Godfather

Steward in Training
  • Age63

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

"Mother Ashes." Jonesi called respectfully into the the shop. "An old hound comes with new tricks, and his Master requests Tamrin's Tonic."

He slowly made his way into the shop, the farlet soup and the leather-bound parcel in each hand. "May I set these down Mother Ashes?" Jonesi indicated the cleared counter-space.

#4 Felicity Arduenna

• Mother Ashes

Looking Good in Red
  • AgeOld

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Felicity flipped through her ledger and put her reading spectacles on, keeping both her eyes and tattoos shaded by her hood and hair. Finding the relevant keywords, and reminding herself of the order, Felicity looked up at her guest. He was old, for a skaa or for a noble, but no where near her age. How was it possible for someone young enough to be her grandchild have those wrinkles?

"Set it to the side," she said, gesturing to a small end table, not feeling the least bit appetized by whatever aroma was wafting from the package. Her sense of smell was not what it used to be, so she could not be certain, but the package made it seem like soup.

Her guest interested her far more than whatever food he had brought. Felicity had barely begun to puzzle out all of his involvements, but she knew enough that she was speaking to a powerful man in the underground, and no mere underling.

"Your remedies are here," she said, setting out a package on the counter. "As for your other order, due to it's valuable nature, I expect payment first."

#5 Jonesi

• Skaa Godfather

Steward in Training
  • Age63

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Jonesi set aside the soup to the side as she requested, keeping an eye on the old woman as she set about her business bringing the medicinal tinctures and tonics to the top of her counter.

The other order was a series of pieces of information about rival Houses that had various resources that would potentially be of use, or might hinder House Meson's own bid for the job on Keep Casuana.

It had been a long standing arrangement between Lord Martin and Mother Ashes that information would be traded for information. How Lord Martin had come to know her, Jonesi did not know although he had wondered in the past. But when Lord Martin's aching bone disease had gotten to the point that he was bedridden most days Jonesi became a proxy between the two.

Jonesi had known of her previously, not as some sort of information broker, but as an old lady that sold medicines from time to time. The scary thing was that as far as his memory went back concerning her, she was always an old lady. With his own age it made him wonder once if she was a kandra, until he felt her burning pewter after checking with bronze. From the limited knowledge he had the shapeshifters were not able to mimic Allomancy, but all the information he had concerning them was unverified and based off of Rebellion and Underground rumors.

Jonesi examined his own mind and thoughts realizing that he was getting sidetracked. He needed to get the payment ready. He brought the leather bound parcel over to her counter and unpacked the dossiers that Lord Martin had prepared in advance, cover pages stating which stack of paper concerned which persons of interest. They were the result of a combination of Lord Martin's own smaller information network, and some other pieces of information that Jonesi and the other workers had heard in the echoes of the sewers.

"Mother Ashes, my master has instructed me to pay for the second order with these." Jonesi indicated the piles of paper, "But depending on what you can provide will determine which of these you shall be paid with."

Edited by Lanscaper, 18 February 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#6 Felicity Arduenna

• Mother Ashes

Looking Good in Red
  • AgeOld

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Felicity fixed the man with an unwavering glare from behind her spectacles. "I have uncovered everything your master requested, as well as a few bonus tidbits." She wasn't sharing everything she had uncovered with the Mesons, of course. That would be absurd. However, the fact that working for the Mesons gave her more opportunities to study her current guest meant that she always liked to give them a little more than they were paying for. "They are all in the file. Payment in advance was what was agreed, so I will be taking the thickest of your pretty packages there to ensure it contains everything I was promised, thank-you very much."

#7 Jonesi

• Skaa Godfather

Steward in Training
  • Age63

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

"Of course Mother Ashes." Jonesi replied treating her with the due honor and respect that her gaze demanded. He moved to some of the thicker portfolios finding the two that were noticeably thicker than the others briefly noting that both dossiers revolved around the same house. At the bottom of the leather parcel a half-sheet of paper, written in Lord Martin's crooked scrawl was the next House that he wanted investigated.

"Here's the first for advanced payment of the appropriate file." Gently setting the stack onto the counter along with the second stack. "This second is advanced payment for this." Sliding the half-sheet across the counter.

Jonesi waited patiently as she sorted the papers, taking the time to note that he still had five more portfolios to potentially use in barter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users