The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Marceline Dumont

Team Colette Noble Smoker

3 replies to this topic

#1 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Name: Marceline Dumont
Powers: Smoker
Role: Member of Colette's group of hangers-on and henchwomen

Other Pertinent Information: In order to generate some better storytelling and I've decided to put Colette's lackeys up for adoption. I'm looking for dedicated and communicative RPers to fill these slots, so if you apply, be ready to collaborate a lot with the other members of the group - both onsite and via google docs. If that sounds like the sort of thing you'd enjoy, then sign on up!

Everything I know about Marceline comes from her original NPC entry:

Lady Marceline, the daughter of the Lord of House Dumont himself, has been one of Colette's closest companions since she came to Luthadel three months ago. As part of a budding alliance between Hasting and Dumont, she is learning the ways of the court at Colette's side. Unbeknownst to most, however, Marceline is also a skilled Smoker, providing cover for Colette's manipulations.

There's also a little bit about House Dumont from Hasting's outdated house app:

This Southern House oversees the shipping of Hasting merchandise from Southern Dominance into Luthadel for distribution.

House Dumont is ranked between 5.8 and 6.2.

Approve Before Accepting?: Yes

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

OKAY! SO! Here's what I got for now(I'll work on it inbetween figuring out Gisela, who's being difficult).

Marceline is 18, so on the young side, but as she hasn't been in Luthadel for long, I thought it made more sense. On her own she's a decent person, nice to talk to, though her interests don't go to far off the beaten path. She isn't incredibly bookish, but she is well-read, she interests herself in shopping, and social activities. When with the rest of the posse, she's kinda a terrible person(YAY MOB MENTALITY). She doesn't know what it's like to not be included, and so fails to feel for those who are excluded. She thinks that Caden is really attractive, but whether or not that grows into something else I haven't decided. Who knows, she could end up falling for him really hard, or conversely end up hating him. Whatever happens, I'm just going to flow with it. I enjoy watching my characters get a mind of their own.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#3 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

She sounds great so far. I can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

I've posted what I've got of her app so far in the doc. I like her. She's going to be fun to grow.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell