The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Another Rusted Skaa

Introduction

8 replies to this topic

#1 Chautauquan

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Not certain how much or what to say here, but I reckon it's worth a few minutes to get to know folks.

I'm not fantastically great with the theoretical lorebits and everything behind Adonalsium, but I like the Cosmere. I'm a student (sadly on sabbatical for a while until I figure out what is going sour in my gut, or whatever is happening to make me ill). I seemed to time my return from a mission to Ukraine so perfectly as to miss any chance of being taught or receiving much from the original TimeWasters, but I still try to lurk in the sidelines and catch drops of their glory.

Despite Allomancy being one of the most fascinating magic systems I've read in a while, I like to think of it beyond the immediate 'combat' systems and consider what might be done in the times after the Final Empire with such powers. Regardless, until I get integrated, I reckon it won't hurt to do what I'd hoped to do originally, and make a skaa with no powers, so I'll get to working on that bit.

I like linguistics and religion a lot, and while perhaps my style is a bit clunky, I do hope to improve my writing by practicing with experienced folks such as yourselves. At this point I feel as though I'm rambling, so I'll just stop.

#2 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Let me be the first to welcome you to Mistborn: The Inquisition!

You don't need to be an expert on General Cosmere theory, we're quite grounded in Scandrial here, so that's all good. Mistborn knowledge is the most useful, but even then, with the Coppermind wiki and the links on the left side in the Navigation bar, you should be all good.

Thinking beyond the combat side of Allomancy is no problem. I believe the focus is similar to the content in The Final Empire, where there was some combat, but alot of character interaction, either in noble circles, or between skaa (particularly with the rebellion).

A skaa with no powers I don't think anyone will complain with. We don't have a great deal of them, and I'm pretty sure that skaa, and powerless characters are both on the 'Wanted Character' list as desirable.

And you're here for the same reason I am - to practice my writing (particularly writing characters) with a bunch of experienced people that you'll find here!

When you want to get started with writing your character, I'd highly recommend posting it to the workshop. There's a load of helpful people here who'll be able to help you if you need it with working out the details of your character. The form for character applications you can find on the left in the navigation bar.

I'll stop talking now :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#3 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Welcome here Chautauquan! As a fellow former time waster, it's good to see some of us are still kicking around here and there.

Let me know if you have any questions about character creations or how to navigate the site :)

Posted Image

#4 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hello, Chaut.

I just wanted to say, if you ever need some help, I am here. And good luck!
Is an insane A.I.

#5 Chautauquan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Thanks to all for the welcome! I did end up putting a little idea in the workshop, tried to read through the rules, style guide, application format, and wanted characters through the process. I hope I'm not being too cavalier in the application itself, but that's why I sent it to the workshop, not the new characters forum! Every forum is different, so I expect a big part of getting settled will be getting to know people. Thus far, I've seen nothing but courtesy, respect, and a sort of friendly and helpful demeanor. It's a good place.

Oh, and Comatose, the site is arranged splendidly, I never seem to have trouble navigating from place to place.

#6 Mailliw73

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

It's been a while since I welcomed anyone, so welcome, Chaut! I'm Will and I'm happy to help if you need anything.
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#7 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Welcome Chaut! Im eclipse, and I think I might be one of the few members who have normal, non allomantic skaa besides you! If you have any auestions or want to RP with any of my characters, Im open to all suggestions

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Votir Zerrung, Bernard Urvon, Celestine Beliveaux

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Bastian Urvon: Mistborn

Astor Urvon:Urvon Heir

Trenton Urvon

#8 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

This is a bit late coming from me since I've already approved your character, but WELCOME! :D I'm glad to see another member who's not particularly combat-focused; while we have our share of fighters on the board, MBI is much more grounded in the social and storytelling aspects of the Final Empire, so I think you'll do just fine here in that respect. :)

Also, out of curiosity, is your avatar a clan tartan?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Chautauquan

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Oh, would that it were. I sadly cannot claim any ancestral pattern from this, but it's a weird mish-mash of one ancestral tartan (The green from Clan Scott), combined with the Nevada state tartan (Although I changed the silver to white for contrast). (Apparently many of the states have their own tartan, it's kinda interesting). But thanks for the warm welcome, all, and I hope to rise to the challenge of writing with such a talented group of people!

Edited by Chautauquan, 18 February 2014 - 12:17 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users