The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

A Family Reunion

W2 D2 LA Zella Calomine Talyn Calomine Silvan Calomine Melaine Wairyn

32 replies to this topic

#21 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

Zella closed the library door and grinned. "What did you have in mind?"

They started back towards the entrance of the manor. "Nothing in particular. It won't work, getting him to drop the coppercloud. One, its an odd request, and two, I'd wager he's aware of my presence. We were hardly inconspicuous when we were upstairs before. I would assume he would have been aware that I was coming, and presumably you let on that he'd need to smoke for me too. He'd be too suspicious. You know him better that I, what's he going to fall for? What will he find funny after the fact?"

Edited by Haelbarde, 18 February 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#22 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIn a secret affair

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Zella shrugged. "He is quite observant. Were you thinking that we would surprise him, or that we would set something up? Because if you want to train with us after dinner, we could always surprise him there. I can tell him that I will turn off my tin for our sparring, and he will not have to keep up his coppercloud."

#23 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Talyn chewed on his lip. "Surprise him probably."

He tried to think of something as they walked.So, he's on the first floor in his room. But how can we surprise him. I doubt we'd be able quietly get in through the door. And it could be locked... Perhaps Zella could knock get him to come out, but then I'm not sure I'd be able to sneak up on him. The hallway is too well lit. Is there another way of getting into the rooms...

"Is there a way of getting in through the window? If you got him to go to the door, is his window accessible enough from the balcony? I didn't check when we were in the room before."

#24 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

"He actually has a door to the balcony. I could definitely get him to the door, and get him to drop his coppercloud." Zella said with a grin. She then paused and considered. "Assuming, of course, that you stay well-hidden. You will know he's dropped the cloud when you can sooth him, right?"

#25 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

"You will know he's dropped the cloud when you can sooth him, right?"

"Sorta. I know which emotions I'm soothing, but the only feedback I get is from what they say or do. So pretty much I'll just sooth him. Once the coppercloud is down, it should start effecting him. After he's gone to the door, I'll just start anyway, and after a few moments I'll try enter the room. Hopefully, I can keep him focused on you and ignore any noise I might make."

They reached the main foyer again.

"How should I surprise him? Whack him over the head with a pillow?"

#26 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

"I will leave that up to you." Zella said with a smile. "But you will have to promise me that you will try to warn me when you enter the room. Eye contact or something. I would rather not be surprised as well." She really just didn't want to be caught kissing Mel, but she really didn't need to say that. "Can I ask what emotions you will be soothing, or would that be improper of me?"

#27 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

"Can I ask what emotions you will be soothing, or would that be improper of me?"

Talyn smiled. "I'll tell you this time. The aim is to make him ignore me, and focus on you. It means I need to sooth stuff which would go against this. So for instance, I'd sooth any uneasiness or doubts he might have. Beyond that, I'd need to affect his emotions more generally to emphasize a few others, such as trust. A Rioter would probably have a easier time of it. Ultimately it'll depend on the distraction. I can dampen emotions that aren't related to what is making him focus on you."

He thought for a few moments. "One way to signal would be some heavy handed soothing. I can dampen your emotions heavily, dulling something out completely, which you'd definitely notice. It'd be silent without you needing to focus on me. Of course, this would only work once the cloud is down."

Edited by Haelbarde, 25 April 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#28 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

Zella thought that that could get dangerous quickly. She would have to be careful. "That does sound okay. I will be expecting it, so that I do not react quickly. People shift around so much when they are hiding that it makes it difficult to know when they are actually moving." And I will be distracted as well. She added to herself. "You can get to the balcony through your room, and I will get him to the door to the hallway as soon as I hear you on the balcony."

#29 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

"... as soon as I hear you on the balcony."

Wait, that's right, she's a Tineye.

"There's a thought. If you burn tin, you should be able to hear me at the door. I can still signal though. Any particular signal you want?"

He thought a bit further. "Um.. Is he likely to be armed? I don't really want to go at him with a pillow, and have him stab me or something. I'd rather stay in one piece."

Edited by Haelbarde, 20 February 2014 - 04:15 AM.

#30 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

"That would definitely work. If you stomp lightly a few times, say three or something, I would hear that." Zella thought and then shook her head. "I doubt that he is armed."

#31 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

"Right."

Talyn thought that they'd probably covered most of the necessary details. "Okay, so, we'll go up stairs, I'll move through my room, grabbing a pillow, out onto the balcony. You'll knock on his door, and get his attention. Once he's opened the door, I can start to try and get in, soothing him, and signalling you with 3 foot taps, and a blanket sooth. Once I'm in, you'll try to keep him from noticing me, and I'll try whack him over the head with a pillow."

Talyn paused. "Have I missed anything?"

Edited by Haelbarde, 20 February 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#32 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

"Yes. Do not let Silvan know my methods. The easiest way of distracting a flirt is to flirt back. Silvan would hate it if he knew, and Melaine would find himself on the street. I would wish that on no man." Especially not my darling Mel. Zella said, adding more in her head once more and using that to cover up anything Talyn might hear. She would be careful to make sure that he didn't see anything.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 20 February 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#33 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

What have I got myself into, Talyn wondered. Hopefully this doesn't turn sour too quickly.

"Well, if that's everything, may as well get it over and down with. I'll head up first, and try to get to my room quietly." Talyn said.

Talyn headed for the staircases, climbing to the first floor. He walked slowly and carefully down towards his room. I sure hope no one, especially Randall, comes out of their rooms or walks through it, he thought. He reached the door to his room. He gently turned the handle and pushed the door open carefully. In the corner of his eye, he spied Zella walking down the hall. He smiled, and went into his room, carefully closing the door after him.

He noticed his cases had been placed against one of the walls. Presumably the skaa dropped it in during the tour. He grabbed a pillow from the bed, and crept to the balcony door. He slowly eased it open, and stepped outside.

Edited by Haelbarde, 27 January 2015 - 07:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users