The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Of the New Person

introduction

13 replies to this topic

#1 Aile

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I’m fairly new to a structured RPG like MBI. I haven’t RP’ed for a few years now but I did enjoy it very much the few years I tried it. I haven’t been in any famous RP’s, just some boards here and there, mostly originally created canon.

I’m still exploring the site, reading the rules, current RPs, characters and anything else I need to devour. I do like to write, and Brandon’s works have inspired me lately, so here I am! I will probably create a
Skaa and a Misting, maybe a Copper, Tin or Pewter, or maybe whatever else is needed if there’s an overabundance of certain types of characters that I like. I like to write both male and female characters but lean a little more to writing males, although I’m female.

I’m still researching so this will take a while, and I will definitely need help in the Workshop once I do get started. I want to know more about this type of RP because I’m not used to it, so there will be a steep learning curve for me.

Thank you for creating such an intriguing site! If you have any questions of me, please ask away!

#2 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Welcome, Aile!

I just wanted to say that I am here to help if you ever need any.
Is an insane A.I.

#3 Aile

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thank you, Tal!

I will definitely need help so I'll probably be a pest to all you experts for the next few weeks. I'm reading through the new member guide topics and I'm realizing there's so much to know. But I'm treating this like a research paper for a class or something similar. If i want to do this, I'll make the effort. I think it's worth it.

#4 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Well, I am not one of the experts. But I love helping and meeting people.

Do not hesitate to pest me as much as you can. In fact, if you have any questions now, you can PM me or ask in this thread (or whatever else you wish).
Is an insane A.I.

#5 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Welcome, Aile! :) I know our documentation can get a bit intimidating, but it sounds like you're really going at this with a great attitude. The staff are always here to answer your questions if you need us, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hi there! Welcome to MBI as the others have mentioned.

One suggestion for when you make your character application is that you post it in the Workshop subsection of the forum. This will allow other non-staff members of the board to post feedback on your character.

If you make a formal application you'll post to the player section of the board and only the staff will leave feedback there. This can be slow in coming as the staff have lives outside of MBI like most of us. It is also the case that the staff like time to review and thoroughly consider an application and provide feedback that can help you to improve your character.

Have fun creating the character! Hope to get the chance to RP with you in the future.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#7 Aile

Skaa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

The staff are always here to answer your questions if you need us, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

I do have lots of questions, but I promise not to inundate you with them all at once. :D Thanks for the welcome!

@Lanscraper

Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely start my character in the Workshop. I have this image of my character, a shapeless mass of limbs and ideas, being hammered and poked and nudged into life. So I would welcome any help and criticism that anyone can give me there.

#8 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostAile, on 19 February 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

@Lanscraper

Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely start my character in the Workshop. I have this image of my character, a shapeless mass of limbs and ideas, being hammered and poked and nudged into life. So I would welcome any help and criticism that anyone can give me there.

Lanscaper (from scape, not scrape), actually. I used to think it was Landscaper (Land-scaper, Landscape, et cetera).

Yeah, we like prodding goos of jelly to have more of a form and life. But I am sure you won't be so bad as you seem to think.
Is an insane A.I.

#9 Chautauquan

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Well, I can't claim to be any expert on anything at all, but I can smile and say hello, at the very least! So, hello! Glad to see more new folks. I joined just last week, so I reckon we'll both be exploring and learning things together.

#10 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Sounds kind of like a mistwraith, haha.

Welcome here! I'm Comatose, or Matt, one of the staff, so feel free to let me know if you need anything and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Posted Image

#11 Aile

Skaa

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Sorry about that, Lanscaper! Expecting a letter where there was none, my mind automatically provided one of its own. :P

@Chautauquan
Cool, now I feel a little less new! Hope to talk and swap newbie notes with you soon.

Thank you Tal, Lanscaper, Chautauquan and Matt for the welcomes, and I hope to get something posted to the Workshop here soon. I’ve been excited enough to roll up my sleeves and get to work *kneading a resistant mass of jelly-like putty*. :D

#12 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

No worries about the name mix up…there have been worse. In fact this name came about because an eight-year old was trying to spell Landscaper…but at that stage in my life I was always forgetting the letter 'd'.

As I grew older I used it because I was the techie and did some minor Local Area Network design.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#13 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Welcome, Aile! I hope to RP with you soon.

I did the same thing with Lanscaper's name, I originally thought it was Landscaper too.
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#14 Aile

Skaa

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Thank you for the welcome, Mailliw! :D

Lanscaper, that's helpful to remember. I definitely don't want to imply that you scrape LANs rather than scape them.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users