The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Cecille Lefevre - Noble Soother

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cecille Lefevre

• Noble Soother - Servant

Acolyte
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginCentral Dominance

• Allomantic StatusMostly Hidden

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Okay, this still needs a bit of a polish, and a roleplay sample, but I thought I'd post this here anyway for general feedback. Not sure where/when to set the rp sample, so I'm happy for any ideas.

Also, this the result of KChan's dice roll challenge, which rolled me a female noble soother, with Maximum social skills, typical combat ability, underdeveloped resources, and superior allomantic skill.

CÉCILLE LEFÉVRE
Noble Misting

Posted Image

Name/Handle: Haelbarde
Contact: Follow the drop bears, and they will lead you to my profile. Then invoke the IM and PM spirits, and they'll get you in touch.

Posted Image
Name: Cecille Lefevre (Cecilia Le Fur)
Type: Noble
Place of Origin: Central Dominance
Relationship Status: Single

Posted Image

Type of Powers: Misting
Metals Used: Brass
Degree of Skill: Fairly advanced
Status: Mostly hidden (known to a few people in House Valcier)

Posted Image

Cecille Lefevre stands at 5' 7" tall, with a slim build. Her naturally straight brown hair, which she likes to curl, frames a soft, roundish face with light blue eyes and delicate nose. She is almost always cheerful so her face is often graced with a pleasant smile.

She would love to glide around in elegant ballgowns, but has never had the time, or the money to be able to. She usually wears pretty, but practical, dresses or skirts that do not get in the way of work when it is required. Her favorite color is a deep vibrant blue, though she rarely gets the chance to wear anything of that color.

Posted Image

Cecille is a diligent, hardworking young lady, something that has come being part of a family that by necessity requires all its members to work to support the house. She is the third child, with two older brothers. However, they were all a decent bit older, and after they their own jobs and trades, and so she never got to spend a great deal of time with them. The single skaa servant that they could afford to hire was who she spent the most time with, when she wasn't helping her parents at their work.

She is a cheerful person, enjoying being alive. She loves the sound of violins, though she can't play, and is a reasonable alto. She will often hum while she works.

Unlike the higher nobles, House Lefevre respect the skaa. When you live at practically the same level as them, it would be unwise to be antagonistic. As such, Cecille was able to get along with skaa quite well. The same could not be said of obligators. They fell afoul of two corrupt obligators bought out by enemies of House Lefevre in a pair of important business contracts, which were used to ruin the house. Though it has been a few generations, there is still a deep distrust of obligators in House Leferve, something that has be ingrained into Cecille.

Posted Image

Special Skills: Information gathering, skilled soother.

Strengths: Hard working, cheerful.

Weaknesses: Distrustful of obligators, not a good liar.

Posted Image

House Lefevre has had quite a sad history. Though once a fairly wealthy house, based in the central dominance, a run of betrayals, poor risks, and bad management has left the house destitute. What remains of its members are not much more than privileged skaa. By necessity, they are a working house, with no exceptions. Children, as soon as they are able, are sent to work to help support the family. Even the 'Lord' of the house (if he could even be called as such) works. They work in the hope that in the future, they might have the money to start rebuilding the House, to become of some import.

Cecille was born to Alderic and Marise Lefevre in 899, a third child with two significantly older brothers. As her family was always working, during her younger years she spent a lot of time with skaa, both others her age, and the single skaa servant the family could afford to hire to look after her. As she got older, she began to go to work with her mother, running small errands to help out.

At the age of eleven (910), her parents decided, after much deliberation, to go through with a beating to Snap Cecille. If she became an allomancer, it would help her to find a good position that would help to support the family. Cecille was not told, so when in dark of night, she was grabbed, gagged and bound, and taken to a room somewhere. They undid the gag and force a vile, metallic tasting liquid down her throat, before gagging her again. She could hear a few people. She heard a voice ask if they (others in the room) were burning yet, to which she heard two replies. And then the vicious beating begun. She was understandably terrified, feeling completely helpless, and in agony. The beating just kept on going, until suddenly a voice called for it to stop. Through the haze of pain she heard the person say something that she was burning. Something about brass. But then the pain was too much, and she passed out.

The next morning, when she woke up, her father was there. He explained what had happened, that the beating was to see if she would Snap, becoming an allomancer, that the liquid had contained the different allomantic metals, so she'd be able to burn them if she did snap, and that two of the men standing by had been mistings capable of detecting if she started burning. Cecille was understandably cross, but though it took a while, she eventually forgave him for what he'd done. Those next few years she spent practicing her soothing and continued to help her family, whether it was assisting them in selling wares that had been made, or errands or whatever else.

In 912, tragedy struck again. Cecille's eldest brother was accused of being in collaboration with rebel skaa, and was dragged away and executed. Whether or not he had been, Cecille didn't know. All she knew is that she was certain that the obligator involved had knowingly verified false information against her brother, though she could not prove it.

At the age of fifteen, in 914, the opportunity came up for Cecille to apply for a position in House Valcier's servant training program. House Valcier was a rising house, and was starting to bid for Great House contracts. The Lefevre's thought that getting a place as a Valcier servant would be valuable position as it would mean Cecille would be in either a rising House, or perhaps even get placed in a Great House.

Cecille's draw card was her allomancy. Hiring a servant was one thing. Hiring a misting is quite something else. And where better to place a Soother than as a servant, where they will be ignored. They revealed Cecille's alomancy when applying, which got them the interview. The day came, and she turned up to the interview. Only, the interviewer was an obligator. Until that point, Cecille had been quite confident. However, she tried not to let her distrust of the obligator get in the way of making a good impression. Finally, it came time for a verdict. Cecille was positive that the obligator was going to refuse her a place in the program, just because he could. She was so tempted to try sooth him, but she knew she shouldn't. But he gave his verdict – yes, she had the job.

The next four years were spent in the training program, as well as being taught by an experienced soother how to better use her ability. Having now finished her training, she can now be placed wherever Valcier might get a contract for.

Posted Image

(A scene from this character's viewpoint. Take care in picking a scene. It could be a scene from the past or it could happen practically during current events. In any case, write something important to the character so everyone can truly feel the character)

Edited by Haelbarde, 22 February 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#2 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Just posting to say that Hael have my permission to use House Valcier o/

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I'ma start with some tiny format things, and then more actual cool feedback. :{D

However, they were all a decent bit older, and after they their own jobs and trades, and so she never got to spend a great deal of time with them.

I would reword that. I have absolutely no idea what it means.

She is the third child, with two older brothers. However, they were all a decent bit older, and after they their own jobs and trades, and so she never got to spend a great deal of time with them. The single skaa servant that they could afford to hire was who she spent the most time with, when she wasn't helping her parents at their work.

I think that probably belongs in the history, not the personality.

ONTO THE COOL FEEDBACK!

You're awesome. She's already a super cool character.

This might just be my preference, but I like to see more in the appearance section. A person's facial features are one thing, but human's aren't just facial features. Does she have particularly long limbs/fingers? How does she stand? Why does she stand that way? Does she maybe have abnormally long feet? Or maybe her feet are really tiny? What about her eyebrows? Ears? What do those look like? I know it might sound kinda weird, but tiny details really are what make a character a person. Or maybe that's just me, 'cause I notice weird things like if someone has really long toes.

Basically the same thing with her personality. General stuff is always good, but it's the tiny, weird quirks that give a character real character.

As for the RP sample, what about a scene while she's at work or interacting with someone she works for?

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#4 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostMozytheHealer, on 22 February 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

I would reword that. I have absolutely no idea what it means.

Wow, thanks. That really did make no sense. The sentence was fundamentally flawed in the way I wrote it anyway, but I didn't even manage to get what was in my head onto paper properly.

This might just be my preference, but I like to see more in the appearance section...

...Basically the same thing with her personality. General stuff is always good, but it's the tiny, weird quirks that give a character real character.

I've not spent a great deal of time thinking about what the defining features appearance and personality of other people, so I don't find these sections the easiest to write. It's why I'm here on this site though, to get better at doing that sorta stuff, so thanks. I'll need to think a bit more, and add a few things to them.

As for the RP sample, what about a scene while she's at work or interacting with someone she works for?
I guess. I might leave it for awhile, until Noelle gets House Valcier / Leroy up and running. Seeing as I've attached her to Valcier, probably doesn't make sense rping her till they're up. I've got other characters to plan, so its not like I'll not have things to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Yea about that, why don't you ask around and see if you can get her a job at someone's House as a servant, unless you want her to work in House Valcier, which is fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Okay, this draft has had the personality added to, and some stuff to reflect her being employed by Cecille Hasting.

CÉCILLE LEFÉVRE
Noble Misting

Posted Image

Contact: Follow the drop bears, and they will lead you to my profile. Then invoke the IM and PM spirits, and they'll get you in touch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cecille Lefevre stands at 5' 7" tall, with a slim build. Her naturally straight brown hair, which she likes to curl, frames a soft, roundish face with light blue eyes and delicate nose. She is almost always cheerful so her face is often graced with a pleasant smile.

She would love to glide around in elegant ballgowns, but has never had the time, or the money to be able to. She usually wears pretty, but practical, dresses or skirts that do not get in the way of work when it is required. Her favorite color is a deep vibrant blue, though she rarely gets the chance to wear anything of that color.

Posted Image

Cecille is a diligent, hardworking young lady, something that has come being part of a family that by necessity requires all its members to work to support the house. She is a cheerful person, enjoying being alive and loves music, her favorite instrument being the violin. She can't play any instruments, but is a reasonable alto with a good ear for pitch. She will often hum while she works.

She is a bit of a perfectionist; if a wall hanging is slightly askew, if a vase not properly centered on a pedestal, if a pile of papers is messy and not aligned to the edge of a desk, she finds it near impossible to resist the urge to just make that slight adjustment most would ignore.

Cecille is naturally quite loyal. First and foremost comes her family, which is why she works so hard. Then she is thankful for the opportunity of training with House Valcier, and so wants to try her best to meet any expectations of her that they may have when they find a House to place her. Being involved in the Hasting conflict by being employed by Colette Hasting will possibly bring her loyalties into conflict with House Valcier having links with Colette, and with Caden Hasting, the other main player in the Hasting conflict, through Eliza Fathvell.

Unlike the higher nobles, House Lefevre respect the skaa. When you live at practically the same level as them, it would be unwise to be antagonistic. As such, Cecille was able to get along with skaa quite well. The same could not be said of obligators. They fell afoul of two corrupt obligators bought out by enemies of House Lefevre in a pair of important business contracts, which were used to ruin the house. Though it has been a few generations, there is still a deep distrust of obligators in House Leferve, something that has be ingrained into Cecille.

Posted Image

Posted Image

House Lefevre has had quite a sad history. Though once a fairly wealthy house, based in the central dominance, a run of betrayals, poor risks, and bad management has left the house destitute. What remains of its members are not much more than privileged skaa. By necessity, they are a working house, with no exceptions. Children, as soon as they are able, are sent to work to help support the family. Even the 'Lord' of the house (if he could even be called as such) works. They work in the hope that in the future, they might have the money to start rebuilding the House, to become of some import.

Cecille was born to Alderic and Marise Lefevre in 899, a third child with two significantly older brothers. As her family was always working, during her younger years she spent a lot of time with skaa, both others her age, and the single skaa servant the family could afford to hire to look after her. As she got older, she began to go to work with her mother, running small errands to help out.

At the age of eleven (910), her parents decided, after much deliberation, to go through with a beating to Snap Cecille. If she became an allomancer, it would help her to find a good position that would help to support the family. Cecille was not told, so when in dark of night, she was grabbed, gagged and bound, and taken to a room somewhere. They undid the gag and force a vile, metallic tasting liquid down her throat, before gagging her again. She could hear a few people. She heard a voice ask if they (others in the room) were burning yet, to which she heard two replies. And then the vicious beating begun. She was understandably terrified, feeling completely helpless, and in agony. The beating just kept on going, until suddenly a voice called for it to stop. Through the haze of pain she heard the person say something that she was burning. Something about brass. But then the pain was too much, and she passed out.

The next morning, when she woke up, her father was there. He explained what had happened, that the beating was to see if she would Snap, becoming an allomancer, that the liquid had contained the different allomantic metals, so she'd be able to burn them if she did snap, and that two of the men standing by had been mistings capable of detecting if she started burning. Cecille was understandably cross, but though it took a while, she eventually forgave him for what he'd done. Those next few years she spent practicing her soothing and continued to help her family, whether it was assisting them in selling wares that had been made, or errands or whatever else.

In 912, tragedy struck again. Cecille's eldest brother was accused of being in collaboration with rebel skaa, and was dragged away and executed. Whether or not he had been, Cecille didn't know. All she knew is that she was certain that the obligator involved had knowingly verified false information against her brother, though she could not prove it.

At the age of fifteen, in 914, the opportunity came up for Cecille to apply for a position in House Valcier's servant training program. House Valcier was a rising house, and was starting to bid for Great House contracts. The Lefevre's thought that getting a place as a Valcier servant would be valuable position as it would mean Cecille would be in either a rising House, or perhaps even get placed in a Great House.

Cecille's draw card was her allomancy. Hiring a servant was one thing. Hiring a misting is quite something else. And where better to place a Soother than as a servant, where they will be ignored. They revealed Cecille's alomancy when applying, which got them the interview. The day came, and she turned up to the interview. Only, the interviewer was an obligator. Until that point, Cecille had been quite confident. However, she tried not to let her distrust of the obligator get in the way of making a good impression. Finally, it came time for a verdict. Cecille was positive that the obligator was going to refuse her a place in the program, just because he could. She was so tempted to try sooth him, but she knew she shouldn't. But he gave his verdict – yes, she had the job.

The next four years were spent in the training program, as well as being taught by an experienced soother how to better use her ability. Cecille made the most of the opportunity she’d landed, and put in a lot of effort to excel. Her effort was well noted, and when House Valcier organised a contract with House Hasting to train House Hasting’s servants, Cecille was given to House Hasting to exemplify Valcier’s training services, so as to give House Hasting the confidence to commit to the contract.

It was decided that she was to be placed as a maid servant to Colette Hasting. With tensions between Colette and Caden Hasting (the other contender for heir of House Hasting), with Valcier having links to both Colette (through Cecille and the Hasting contract), and to Caden (through Eliza Fathvell and the Fathvell contract), Cecille’s loyalty and appreciation for House Valcier puts her in a potentially uncomfortable position.

Posted Image

(A scene from this character's viewpoint. Take care in picking a scene. It could be a scene from the past or it could happen practically during current events. In any case, write something important to the character so everyone can truly feel the character)

Edited by Haelbarde, 03 March 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

Okay, here's another draft, now with a Roleplay Sample

CÉCILLE LEFÉVRE
Noble Misting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cecille is a diligent, hardworking young lady, something that has come being part of a family that by necessity requires all its members to work to support the house. She is a cheerful person, enjoying being alive and loves music, her favorite instrument being the violin. She can't play any instruments, but is a reasonable alto with a good ear for pitch. She will often hum while she works.

She is a bit of a perfectionist; if a wall hanging is slightly askew, if a vase not properly centered on a pedestal, if a pile of papers is messy and not aligned to the edge of a desk, she finds it near impossible to resist the urge to just make that slight adjustment most would ignore.

Cecille is naturally quite loyal. First and foremost comes her family, which is why she works so hard. Then she is thankful for the opportunity of training with House Valcier, and so wants to try her best to meet any expectations of her that they may have when they find a House to place her. Being involved in the Hasting conflict by being employed by Colette Hasting will possibly bring her loyalties into conflict with House Valcier having links with Colette, and with Caden Hasting, the other main player in the Hasting conflict, through Eliza Fathvell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cecille was born to Alderic and Marise Lefevre in 899, a second child with a significantly older brother. As her family was always working, during her younger years she spent a lot of time with skaa, both others her age, and the single skaa servant the family could afford to hire to look after her. As she got older, she began to go to work with her mother, running small errands to help out.

The next four years were spent in the training program, as well as being taught by an experienced soother how to better use her ability. Cecille made the most of the opportunity she’d landed, and put in a lot of effort to excel. Her effort was well noted, and when House Valcier organised a contract with House Hasting to train House Hasting’s servants, Cecille was given to House Hasting to exemplify Valcier’s training services, so as to give House Hasting the confidence to commit to the contract.

It was decided that she was to be placed as a maid servant to Colette Hasting. With tensions between Colette and Caden Hasting (the other contender for heir of House Hasting), with Valcier having links to both Colette (through Cecille and the Hasting contract), and to Caden (through Eliza Fathvell and the Fathvell contract), Cecille’s loyalty and appreciation for House Valcier puts her in a potentially uncomfortable position.

Posted Image

I’m going to be working for Colette Hasting! Cecille thought excitedly as she walked through the streets of Luthadel. We had always hoped that I would be placed in a Great House.

Earlier today she had been told that due to her exemplary performance in the training she had done over the last few years, that she had been placed with House Hasting as part of a contract between House Valcier and House Hasting to train House Hasting’s servants. She had also been lectured on the importance of giving House Hasting a good impression of House Valcier by the quality of her service. She knew her parents would be pleased for her. It was what they had been hoping for, as it would both supply a valuable source of income, as well as bring favour to the family name if Cecille’s service was particularly notable.

I wonder what Lady Colette will be like. She wondered. It’s always interesting, seeing how people or families differ from the external façade that is seen by the public eye.

Shortly, she arrived home. As she entered the house, she could hear her mother muttering to herself as she cleaned in one of the rooms. Obviously she had not had to work as long as she usually did. “Hello mother,” Cecillia called out.

“Hello Cecille. Just a second, I just need to finish this,” her mother called out in reply.

After a few moments, her mother appeared from one of the rooms, and held out her arms for a hug. “How has your day been, my dear?”

Cecille gave her mother a hug. “It was great thankyou, and I’ve got some news! I’ve been given a new job!”

“That’s great. Which House will you be working for?” her mother replied.

“House Hasting. And not just that, but I’ll be working directly for Lady Colette as a maid servant.” Cecille smiled. “It’s just what you’d hope for, working for an important person in a Great House.”

Her mother smilied broadly. “Yes indeed. Your father will be very pleased to hear this. Do you know when you start?”

“Sometime next week I believe. I think there’s still a few details to iron out, but after that, I’ll be Lady Colette’s maid servant.”

Edited by Haelbarde, 03 March 2014 - 04:05 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 Cecille Lefevre

• Noble Soother - Servant

Acolyte
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginCentral Dominance

• Allomantic StatusMostly Hidden

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Okay, I've expanded the history a little, rewriting a few sections. I'm feeling fairly happy with this now. Any further feedback would be great, even if its just to say that you think everythings fine (that you reckon its probably all ready for submission).

Thanks

CÉCILLE LEFÉVRE
Noble Misting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

House Lefevre has had quite a sad history. Though once a fairly wealthy house, based in the central dominance, a run of betrayals, poor risks, and bad management has left the house destitute. What remains of its members are not much more than privileged skaa. By necessity, they are a working house, with no exceptions. Children, as soon as they are able, are sent to work to help support the family. Even the 'Lord' of the house (if he could even be named as such) works. They work in the hope that in the future, they might have the money to start rebuilding the House, to become of some import.

Cecille was born to Alderic and Marise Lefevre in 899, a second child with a significantly older brother. As her family was always working, during her younger years she spent a lot of time with skaa, both others her age, and the single skaa servant the family could afford to hire to look after her. As she got older, she began to go to work with her mother, running small errands to help her out.

In 910, at the age of eleven, and in the middle of the night with no warning, Cecille woke with a start, when someone grabbed her, gagged, bound and then manhandled out of her room. Confused and disorientated, she struggled, and tried to yell, but could make little sound through the gag. She was taken to the cellar. There was a light, but it was obscured so that all she could see is that there were three men waiting in the room, but could not tell who they were. She was dumped in the center of the room. The man who had carried her there walked over to a wall, and picked up the cane leaning against it, starting to tap it against his hand. He looked to the other men. One of the men in the room then approached, holding a vial. He gestured to one of the others to hold Cecille, who was still struggling, trying to move away in any way she could, trying to escape. He removed her gag. Cecille screamed. He poured the liquid from the flask down her throat, forcing her mouth shut, and making her swallow. “HELPPP…glug…” He redid the gag, and stood back. The man with the stick then approached. He looked to the two men. “Are you ready?”
The two men nodded. The man with the stick then finally checked the last man, who had not done anything yet. He nodded. Then the beating begun.

Cecille tried to scream, tried to stuggle, to do something to make it stop, to make everything go away. But tied and gagged, there was nothing she could do. The pain was getting to be too much. Then a warmth in her stomach appeared. The man with the vial called out for them to stop. And the beating stopped. As she started losing consciousness, the third man finally moved, hurrying towards her. As he leant over her and gently picked her up, she saw who it was. It was her father.

In 912, tragedy struck House Lefevre again. Cecille's older brother was accused of being in collaboration with rebel skaa, and was dragged away and executed. Whether or not he had been, Cecille didn't know. All she knew is that she was certain that the obligator involved had knowingly verified false information against her brother, though she could not prove it.

Cecille's draw card was her allomancy. Hiring a servant was one thing. Hiring a misting is quite something else. And where better to place a Soother than as a servant, where they will be ignored. They revealed Cecille's alomancy when applying, which got them the interview. The day came, and she turned up to the interview.

Cecille waited outside a room at a recruitment building of House Valcier. She was feeling a bit nervous, but finally an attendant appeared from the room, telling her that her interviewer was ready for her. Cecille got up, and after taking a breath, stepped into the room. The room was smallish, with a smallish rectangular table in the center. There was a chair centered on both of the long sides of the table. What she had not been expecting was the tattoos of the interviewer. An Obligator! Suddenly her nerves got a hundred times worse. Every important event for the family has gone terribly wrong because of corrupt obligators. Why did the interviewer have to be an obligator…? Cecille had paused, stiffening when she had noticed him. She breathed out and hesitantly sat down. Maybe I’ll get lucky this time, and he won’t find a reason to get me executed for being a rebel spy or something because he didn’t like the length of my hair or something stupid like that.

“Greetings. How are you this morning?” The obligator said pleasantly.

“Good. A little nervous,” she replied.

The interview was fairly short, and though she was still tense and worried at the end, the obligator seemed to be happy enough with what she’d said, as he accepted her application, giving her the details of when and where she would need to go to start her training.

Posted Image

I’m going to be working for Colette Hasting! Cecille thought excitedly as she walked through the streets of Luthadel. We had always hoped that I would be placed in a Great House.

Earlier today she had been told that due to her exemplary performance in the training she had done over the last few years, that she had been placed with House Hasting as part of a contract between House Valcier and House Hasting to train House Hasting’s servants. She had also been lectured on the importance of giving House Hasting a good impression of House Valcier by the quality of her service. She knew her parents would be pleased for her. It was what they had been hoping for, as it would both supply a valuable source of income, as well as bring favour to the family name if Cecille’s service was particularly notable.

I wonder what Lady Colette will be like. She wondered. It’s always interesting, seeing how people or families differ from the external façade that is seen by the public eye.

Shortly, she arrived home. As she entered the house, she could hear her mother muttering to herself as she cleaned in one of the rooms. Obviously she had not had to work as long as she usually did as normally she would not have been home at this time. “Hello mother,” Cecille called out.

“Hello Cecille. Just a second, I just need to finish this,” her mother called out in reply.

After a few moments, her mother appeared from one of the rooms, and held out her arms for a hug. “How has your day been, my dear?”

Cecille gave her mother a hug. “It was great thank you, and I’ve got some news! I’ve been given a new job!”

“That’s great. Which House will you be working for?” her mother replied.

“House Hasting. And not just that, but I’ll be working directly for Lady Colette as a maid servant.” Cecille smiled. “It’s just what you’d hope for, working for an important person in a Great House.”

Her mother smiled broadly. “Yes indeed. Your father will be very pleased to hear this. Do you know when you start?”

“Sometime next week I believe. I think there’s still a few details to iron out, but after that, I’ll be Lady Colette’s maid servant.”

Edited by Haelbarde, 03 March 2014 - 04:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users