The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Of Sights and Suits

W2 D3 MM Zella Calomine Talyn Calomine

26 replies to this topic

#1 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

It's nice that there's little ash fall today, Talyn thought. Zella had decided yesterday that he needed a suit for the Perault ball, and so had dragged him off to the Commerical District of Luthadel. Though he wasn't overly fond of shopping for clothes, it had given him opportunity to get to see some of Luthadel, and he enjoyed spending time with Zella, so it didn't really bother him.

They had taken a carriage from Fellise into the city. As they approached, Talyn had be able to see a number of the towering black keeps that stood out above the rest of the city. Zella had pointed out which House owned which of the keeps. They had disembarked near the Commercial District and had started to stroll down the street.

"It's quite an impressive city," Talyn commented to Zella as they walked down the busy street. "The keeps are all quite amazing. Larger than those in Fadrex City."

Edited by Haelbarde, 28 February 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIn a secret affair

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

"But of course." Zella said with a smile, twirling her parasol. "This is the largest city in the whole empire. We do everything to the extreme here." She led him down the street slowly, giving him time to notice all the shops. "Tell me if you see anything interesting. If you do not, then I will just take you to the tailor that I use the most often. Who knows. Maybe I will get fitted for a dress as well."

#3 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

"I'll let you know if I do see anything, but I imagine you'd know the best shops and tailors to use." Talyn looked around. There were quite a number of places to choose from but nothing immediately caught his eye. "You may as well head us towards this tailor of yours."

I wonder if I will be meeting any of the people walking by at the Perault ball, Talyn thought. I imagine Zella would point anyone of particular note out.

"Do you do this particularly often?"

Edited by Haelbarde, 28 February 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#4 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Zella smiled and there was an energetic bounce to her steps, though she somehow still managed to be graceful. "I come to Luthadel quite a bit, but Silvan is a miser when it comes to money, probably with good cause. Surprisingly. So no, I do not go shopping often. I am, however, getting a new dress for the Elariel ball. It is black with pale gold embroidery. I may get to see it today, if we do go to my tailor." She headed that way, knowing that they could go other places if Talyn didn't like it.

#5 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Zella changed direction slightly, presumably heading towards her tailors shop.

"So mainly window shopping then, if anything." They continued to walk, Talyn keeping an eye out to see if any of the stores had anything interesting. "I reckon the black and gold will look great on you," Talyn remarked.

They paused for a group nobles to move past as they crossed over to the other side of the street.

"So, has Silvan got anyone lined up for you at either of these up coming balls? Or does he neglect to tell you those sorts of details?"

#6 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

"Black and gold looks fabulous on me." Zella responded with a smile. "And he probably does have someone lined up for me, but I do not know who yet. Knowing Silvan, he most likely has an idea for the Elariel ball as well, if this one does not work out." She sighed and shrugged. "Someday he will realize that if he just gives me time, I can find someone by myself. I am not that unpleasant to talk to."

#7 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Talyn smiled. "Of course you're not. But perhaps Silvan doesn't know that. It's not like he has much experience to the contrary. Well I guess I shall wish you good luck with whomever he has organized. Hopefully they're not too much of a bore."

Zella stopped in front of one of the stores.

"So this is the place then?"

#8 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

Zella nodded with a grin. "Only place in Luthadel that uses Calomine silk. Obviously it has to be my first choice." She stepped in to the building, still talking. "I am sure that my date will be terrible, but who knows. Silvan must run out of boring men at some point."

#9 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

Talyn followed Zella into the store. "Eventually, you would think."

The inside of the store was well lit, with an array of dresses and suits of what was presumably the latest fashion in Luthadel. The shop keeper walked up. "Ah, Lady Zella, welcome. I assume you will want to see the dress? And welcome, my Lord...?"

"Talyn." Talyn turned to Zella. "I guess we should let you see your dress first?"

#10 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Zella smiled excitedly. "I know that I needed to come in for a last fitting. I do hope that I am not to early."

The tailor shook his head and went to the back room. "Now, you should browse. We may have to do with some clothes off the rack for now, but we can see how quickly they can make some special items for you. Silvan will be furious."

#11 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Talyn strolled over to one of the racks of suits, having a quick flick through. "Did you have anything in particular in mind for me? I'm not overly concerned about exactly what suit I should wear. Or, to be honest, what the latest 'fashions' are in Luthadel, or what not to wear because someones already got the same thing." Talyn smirked. "It's sorta hard to know those details when its your first day in town. I guess tailor can help with that when he returns."

#12 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

"He can definitely tell you what people will be more likely to wear." Zella said with a nod. "However, I would go with something rather dramatic. We Calomines look good in dramatic colours."

The tailor returned with Zella's dress and her face lit up. "I will be back in a minute." She told Talyn and left to change. The dress hung better now, and was tighter around her chest. That was good. With her body the better fitted the top was, the better she would look. The embroidery covered the bodice of the dress and the very bottom edge, but was unfinished in a few places. The sleeves were large and the skirt was sleeker than the current fashion, but not by much. She liked to look different. It set her out from the crowd.

She returned to the main room with a grin. "So, Talyn, how does it look?"

#13 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:42 AM

Zella disappeared to change into the dress, returning a few minutes, her face lit up with a massive grin. You can tell that she's incredibly happy with it. "So, Talyn, how does it look?"

The dress was, as she had said, black, with gold embroidery on the bodice and around near the bottom hem of the dress. "It's lovely," Talyn replied. "It really does suit you. The embroidery is also really nice. And you obviously like it. That much is easy to tell."

#14 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

"It could be tighter around the upper arm." Zella commented, looking in the mirror. "To bring out the flare in the bottom of the sleeve."

She looked over her shoulder at Talyn. "You should keep looking around. I may take a few more minutes, now." She turned her head back to the mirror and stood still, letting the tailor fuss with the dress a bit. "Do you think the skirt is too sleek? I do not want to seem unfashionable, but I do not like to look the same as the other ladies."

#15 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

"I reckon it looks just fine, but like I say, you'd have a better feel for what's fashionable. Besides, you obviously love the dress as it is. I'd say just leave it. Fix up the sleeves if you need, but it looks fine."

Talyn moved to another rack. He pulled out a few, having a closer look. He pulled a dark charcoal suit with a nice textured look. "Thoughts, Zella?"

#16 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

Zella looked over her shoulder and gave him a considering look. "I like it, but you will have to wear something with a little more colour with it. Perhaps an accent colour in the vest? I am sure that the tailor can work something out like that."

#17 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

Talyn smiled. "I know I need color, but that's what the tie or the vest is for. The color becomes that much more striking when framed with darker shades. At least, I think so anyway." The tailor was still busy fiddling around with Zella's dress, arranging it, marking bits to adjust and taking some notes. "When the tailors done, we'll see what he can do. Got a favorite color?"

#18 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

"You could always go with the usual route of wearing house colours. Most of Silvan's suits are either black and silver or red and silver. He rarely goes with black and red, though I've seen that on occasion. He prefers gray and red." Zella looked over her shoulder again and thought for a minute. "You are too pale for red, unless it is a darker red, and a dark black is not at all colourful. If you wish to go with house colours I would suggest silver, but you could always do something else entirely. Light gold, or purple, perhaps. It would most likely look better to go for a cooler shade, but not blue. Blue and black, however light the black is, will never look good."

Edited by MozytheHealer, 01 March 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#19 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

"Hmm. I must admit that I don't really think purple is my thing. At least as far as me wearing it. Involving silver or gold sounds fine I guess." Talyn stopped to think. The tailor took the opportunity to check a few details with Zella about the final adjustments to the dress.

"How about this. You decide what you think will look great, and I'll wear it, and decide for the future whether or not my trust in your eye for design is founded or not. Though of course, I'm sure you'll choose just fine."

#20 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Zella smiled and turned. "Let me change back into my walking dress and then I will see about getting you something." She walked back to the dressing room and carefully changed into her pale pink walking dress is was one of her favorites, and she wore it often.

Once she was back in the main room she handed the black dress to the tailor and walked to the rack of suits. "So, so you want to match me or Silvan? I am fairly certain he is wearing silver as well. Though you would look good in a dark red."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users