The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

I Won't Say It

Musical Eliza Fathvell Jasun Vallace

12 replies to this topic

#1 Eliza Fathvell

• Daughter of Lord Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusCourting Caden Hasting

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

It was late evening, and after a full day of singing, dancing, and twirling her heart out, Eliza was ready for a quiet evening of relaxation in Keep Fathvell's gardens. Well, maybe. She was supposed to meet with Jasun to discuss the next part of their plans against Colette, but she doubted he would show up tonight. He was probably too busy singing love songs to Lysette, if the state of the rest of Luthadel today was any indication. She hadn't been the only one singing.

And speaking of love songs...

No. No. She could not, would not, think about that moment. They had just been caught up in the moment, that was all! He didn't actually feel that way about her; it had just been the music. And she certainly didn't--

The music started.

Eliza just sighed; apparently it wasn't time for her to stop yet. And what was worse, she knew what had triggered it by this point, and she knew what she was expected to sing about. There was nothing for it but to just go along with the bloody thing, and anyways, maybe singing her frustrations out would help.

"If there's a prize for rotten judgement,
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggrivation--
That's ancient history,
Been there
Done that!"

Posted Image

#2 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• Relationship StatusSecretly Engaged to Lysette Hasting

• OriginKlessium

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

Today had been an extremely odd day. Jasun had decided that about one verse into his love song with Lysette. Apparently he could sing, he didn't know that before today. All of Luthadel could sing today, and there were hidden bands everywhere. He'd yet to find the source of the music that kept striking through out the day, and yet here it was again, in the Fathvell garden.

The only person who should be here was Eliza, surely she wouldn't be caught up in this madness, but that was definitely her voice he heard, was she singing about a man? Caden then surely, he'd never seen someone so head over heels as that girl. Was she really trying to deny her feelings? Whatever for? He meant to say something, but lyrics came out instead.

"Who'd'ya think you're kiddin',
He's the Earth and heaven to you,
Try to keep it hidden,
Honey, I can see right through you,
Girl, ya can't conceal it,

I know how ya feel and,
Who you're thinking of
."

#3 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

Lord Ruler, why did he have to show up now! If he'd been on time, maybe he could have stopped her from launching off into another bloody song! And now he was singing to her, telling her to admit her feelings for Caden? As if it wasn't bad enough she had feelings for a man who would never notice her outside of a song?

It was ridiculous. And she would tell him so. Only of course it came out as part of the song.

"No chance, no way, I won't say it, no no!"

Posted Image

#4 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Normally Jasun would have laughed at her denial, instead he spun, pewter lending him grace, and in an instant was beside Eliza, holding out his hands to start dancing, because that was the sane and obvious choice at the moment. More lyrics spilled out.

"You swoon, you sigh,
why deny it? uh-oh
"

#5 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

Jasun pulled her into hold, presumably to convince her through the power of music to confess her undying love for Caden and ride off into an ash-stained sunset, but Eliza was having none of it. She pulled free of the hold and gestured as she sang.

"It's too...cliché!
I won't say I'm in love."

But clearly Jasun wouldn't get it. She would just have to explain more. And so, hopping up to balance along the top of a low half-wall, where he (hopefully) wouldn't try to dance with her, she continued.

"I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when ya start out
My head is screaming 'get a grip, girl!
'Unless you're dying to cry your heart out!' Ooooh oooh~"

Posted Image

#6 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

Jasun wanted to laugh again as she continued to deny the obvious, but he harmonized with her instead, his voice an undercurrent to her singing. He hopped on top of the wall after her, bowing and offering his hand to her to dance, he meant to say, 'I have pewter, dear girl.' Instead, he sang,

"You keep on denying,
Who you are and how you're feeling,
Baby, I'm not buying,
Hon, I saw ya hit the ceiling,
Face it like a grown-up,
When ya gonna own up,
That ya got, got, got it bad
."

#7 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

Lord Ruler, he was following her. What would it take to get him to leave off? And how in the world had he managed to spin her while they were standing on a wall? Rolling her eyes, Eliza hopped off the wall and onto a nearby bench.

"Woah~!
No chance, no way, I won't say it, no no~"

Posted Image

#8 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Somehow, Jasun vaulted off the wall, did a back flip, and landed perfectly on the bench, without wrenching a single muscle. He was impressed with himself, but couldn't comment on it because he was still singing,

"Give up, give in,
Check the grin you're in love
."

#9 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Damn Mistborn! She could avoid anybody else with her climbing, but no matter what she did, there he bloody was. It was ridiculous.

"The scene won't play!
I won't say I'm in love!"

It was a quick hop from the bench to the top of a low planter that ran through the middle of the garden. From there, she made her careful way along its edge. If he was going to keep following her, she would at least make it challenging.

Posted Image

#10 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Jasun leaped off the bench and unto the planter, every step he took sure and firm as he chased after Eliza. He certainly couldn't let her keep up with the denials, plus the music still had a hold of him.

"You're doing flips, read my lips,
You're in love
."

#11 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Eliza followed the planter until it ended in a nice little circular area ringed with benches, then hopped off and jumped up onto the edge of the fountain in the center. If her continued denials wouldn't make Jasun leave her alone, maybe the threat of going for a swim would.

"You're way off base;
I won't say it!
Get off my case-
I won't say it!"

Posted Image

#12 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Best Cousin
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Did she really think some water would scare him off? Especially when he had the power of music on his side? Once more his attempt to laugh at her was turned into song,

"Girl, don't be proud
It's okay, you're in love
"

He plucked a leaf off of one of the bushes and offered it to her.

#13 Eliza Fathvell

House Hasting
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Eliza pushed him into the fountain.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users