The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Let it Go

Musical Silly Elle Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Elle

• Skaa Coinshot

Prelan
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Today had been both the oddest, and perhaps the worst day of Elle's life. She didn't know what was worse, losing her parents, or listening to people sing all bloody day about how bloody happy they were while she was still mourning them. The music was the worst, it came from no where and took a hold of people, making them sing and dance to songs she'd never heard before, and they didn't mind! That was the worst part.

No songs had visited her, no music had come to her so she could find a release from all the joy and happiness that ran so counterpoint to how she felt. She'd actually yelled at someone earlier that night, the apprentice had just finished singing about the art of the dress and she'd just... snapped.

She remembered her words all too clearly, deriding him for taking pride in something made for nobles, like she had any room to talk, she'd spent her entire life working for the betterment of nobles. But she'd been angry, she'd wanted to make him feel bad, and succeeded. He'd run away from her and people had been avoiding her since then, not that they'd really sought her out in the first place.

She'd gone onto the rooftop, if she must be alone, let her at least feel like she had looked for it rather than have it delivered unto her. She thought she might practice her Steelpushing a bit, she had some clips and a vial of steel with her, but as she looked out into the mists she felt something seize her.

Music started.

No, she thought, No I don't-

Words tumbled from her lips, sung strong and true, and while she had never been a bad singer she had never had a voice such as this.

"The ash shines black on the roof tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I’m the queen.
"

She popped the cork of the vial and downed it and its vile tasting alcohol. The steel seemed to warm her stomach as she slowly walked along the roof. Wind that hadn't been there a moment ago suddenly picked up, blowing her hair back, screaming in her ears. She sung over it.

"The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried."

She got to the edge of the roof and looked out into the mists, they swirled around her as she started to burn steel, playful and seemingly undisturbed by the wind.

"Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know..."

She looked down at her hands, one clenched almost painfully around the bag of clips.

"Well, now they know."

The wind picked up even more as she sung the final word, and she thought for a moment she might be free of the music, but no, it was still there. Almost against her will she took out a clip. A line of blue linked it to her heart and she dropped it off the edge of the rooftop, not Pushing on it, yet.

"Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
."

Turning gracefully, each step taken as if she was dancing with some invisible partner, she moved away from the edge, then turned back to face it.

"I don’t care
What they’re going to say
."

The wind was still going, threatening to pushed her back, but she stood firm.

"Let the storm rage on,
The mists never bothered me anyway.
"

The music picked up as she started running towards the roof's edge. Each step was in time to the beat, and she leaped to what was certainly her death, except, using some talent she didn't know she pushed on the coin she'd dropped and sent herself bounding unto the next rooftop where she landed without a hitch.

She didn't pause, although she wanted to, she ran across this rooftop too and sprang off it, pushing a coin behind her to lend her more distance.

Like that she went from rooftop to rooftop, their heights growing ever higher as time passed. Where was she? How was she doing this? She had no answer to these questions, but more words spilled from her lips as she spun about to face where she had come, walking backwards.

"It’s funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can’t get to me at all
."

It was strange to find that the words were true, her worries and fears, her grief, they all seemed petty in the face of the wind, mists, and her own flight.

"It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free
."

She turned on her mad dash through the cityscape, heading for its center, for Kredik Shaw.

"Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You’ll never see me cry
."

The massive building rose up through the mists, and she quickly scaled it's heights, pushing off the plentiful amounts of metal to go ever higher. Eventually she found herself on one of the spires, she spun around it, the metal mist-slick beneath her fingers. By all rights she should have fallen off, but she stayed there, among the mists and the wind and the music.

"Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on."

She lept off the spire and unto another, springing like some sort of gymnast from metal source to metal source, each time she was sure she was going to miss her footing and fall down, down, down to her death, but each time her landing was solid, and she continued the song as the wind continued to howl.

"My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast"

She threw back her head an sung like her life depended on it,

"I’m never going back,
The past is in the past."

The mists were becoming more translucent, light filtering between them as the sun started to rise. Elle sprang to one of the outermost spires and hung on as she looked out towards the horizon.

"Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
."

For a final time she leaped, springing away from Kredik Shaw and out into empty air. She fell towards her demise with a feeling of freedom, and a Steelpush slowed her fall enough that she could land delicately, the quickly thinning mist still swirling around her.

"Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage on,"

The music built to a crescendo, and then disappeared, as did the wind, leaving Elle alone with only echoes.

"The mists never bothered me anyway."

She quickly hurried back to Lan's Shop before the sun rose too much higher, feeling far better than she had a few hours before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users