The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

I Need a Hero

Musical Silly Lorena Elariel Adolphus Lekal

8 replies to this topic

#1 Lorena Elariel

• Noble Smoker

Prelan
  • Age16

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

What was with people today? Singing and dancing with music that came from no orchestra in sight. It was crazy! It was mad! Worst of all that stupid Venture girl had gotten to sing a love duet with bloody Sebastien Perrault, after that stunt she pulled at the ball and everything. Lorena had been minding her own business, going for a walk and she'd been- been accosted by their stupid love song. It was so frustrating!

It seemed like everywhere she went people were singing bloody love songs, she'd seen that low blooded Jasun Allard singing to Lysette Hasting of all people, and she'd sung back! What was wrong with her? It was madness, pure and simple, and look, there was the music again. She didn't notice that she'd stopped stomping her way along and started moving fluidly, dancing each step as the music played gently. She did notice when she started singing. No, this wasn't happening, she wasn't-

"Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
"

She asked this to a random skaa walking along the sidewalk. Rather than looking at her strangely he just shrugged, holding up his hands as if to say 'I have no idea.'

"Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need
"

She spun around as the music continued, and noticed people starting to dance around her. The music swelled and a chorus started up as she belted out the next lines.

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight"

She started to dance with the beat, a dance she'd never danced before. Sharp and aggressive, each step like the stab of a knife. Around her people danced their own dances to accompany her, parting like the sea as she stalked through them.

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life."

#2 Adolphus Lekal

Tineye
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Dominance

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Adolphus knew the moment his servants began singing a song about the meal he was about to have that he would have to leave the Keep. He did not want to run into Gervais when the world seemed to be turned upside down. He didn't need to sing a song illustrating his true feelings to his cousin.

He walked the streets until he found a relatively quiet one, and watched the crowd as it parted for a pretty noble girl singing a song. Pretty noble girls were much better than his big-nosed cousin Gervais. He was sure her voice was better, too.

Before he knew it he was following along, a part of the crowd, but not too far from the leading lady -- who just happened to be Lorena Elariel. He hadn't recognised her from so far away, but it was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

#3 Lorena Elariel

• Noble Smoker

Prelan
  • Age16

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

She continued her sharp dance steps as the music played, happy to not be singing for a moment, but soon enough she felt the lyrics bubble up again.

"Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
."

Wait, what had she just said. Oh Lord Ruler that was the most embarrassing thing she'd ever said in her entire life, but the music didn't care, she didn't have a moment to pause, she just kept singing.

"Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
."

She sang the last with her eyes closed, one hand extended with the other against her chest. She felt someone take her hand and her eyes snapped open to see a man holding her hand with a smile on his face. He was handsome as could be, but she didn't recognize him, which probably meant he was, she shivered, minor nobility. She tore her hand from his grasp and spun away from him, continuing the song like nothing happened.

"Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet
."

#4 Adolphus Lekal

Tineye
  • Age19

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Adolphus watched as she pushed away a young nobleman his courage was oddly higher. Watching Lorena push away another suitor who was obviously too low birth to even talk to her... strengthened his resolve. He would be the hero she was singing about.

He followed along with the song and dance as it went into the chorus. Sadly he was still not close enough. He would endeavor to change that as the song went into the chorus.

#5 Lorena Elariel

• Noble Smoker

Prelan
  • Age16

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Lorena was starting to get into it now, spinning around so rapidly that she was sure she should have lost her balance, but her footing was sure. She went back to dancing, the crowd dancing all around her, but always leaving her room to flourish and spin, never getting in her way.

"Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea

I could swear that there's someone somewhere
Watching me.
"

She felt it, eyes on her, but when she looked she saw no one, only dancers, singing in chorus to her.

"Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood
."

Warmth suffused her, not just in her stomach as if she was burning copper, but her whole body, truly as if her blood was aflame, and she looked again, more frantically this time, but there was still no one but the dancers. She was starting to get angry, and as the crowd chanted her last words back to her she stalked forward.

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
and he's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
."

She started to spin again, letting the world blur around her as she continued her song.

"And he's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero~
"

As the last word left her lips and the music built to a crescendo, she felt whatever magic had suffused her leave her body in a flood, and suddenly it wasn't so easy to spin in a dress not made for doing anything of the sort. She tried to stop herself, but instead lost her balance and started to fall.

#6 Adolphus Lekal

Tineye
  • Age19

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

Adolphus danced along with the rest of them, closer and closer to the middle of the crowd. As Lorena fell, he threw out his arms to catch her. He lifted her up and spun her around with him, before putting her down. He didn't take his hands off her waist though, smirking the whole time.

"So I hear you were looking for me," He said with a wink.

#7 Lorena Elariel

• Noble Smoker

Prelan
  • Age16

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:55 AM

As she fell, she couldn't help but feeling hard done by. She'd gone all out in that song, finally letting the music have its way, and this was what she got? Or at least that's how she felt until someone scooped her up and spun her about, putting her lightly on her feet. She smiled at her rescuer for a moment, fluttering her lashes, until she saw that it was Adolphus Lekal, smirking at her and saying the smoothest possible line.

"I-" she sputtered, "You-"

Give in, give in, you know that was the most perfect thing he could have possibly said, give in. She thought, but she ignored it, she had her pride.

"You are entirely too pleased with yourself," She told him.

Then she kissed him full on the mouth.

#8 Adolphus Lekal

Tineye
  • Age19

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Adolphus froze. He had no intention of that actually working on her. She never seemed to fall for his charms before, but he was particularly charming this time of course... She flirted back but in a way that made Adolphus feel like he didn't have half a chance. At least he didn't get a drink thrown in his face, or pushed into a canal.

For a moment he could do nothing, He thought he was going to be smacked. He was used to that. This reaction from her was not what he expected.

He let himself drift into the kiss after a moment, one arm still on her waist, the other moved up to her cheek. As first kisses went, this was not bad. Not bad at all.

#9 Lorena Elariel

• Noble Smoker

Prelan
  • Age16

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

'Lord Ruler what is wrong with you?' She thought to herself as she frantically tried to think a way out of the situation she'd gotten herself in. How did one play hard to get after planting one on him in public. It was mad. But it had just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Somewhere during this panic attack Lorena realized that Adolphus seemed surprised she'd kissed him. As if he'd thought she'd do something else to the man with perhaps the best timing in the history of the world. Now that she was thinking about it, he kissed rather clumsily, she expected more from such a terrible flirt, unless...

No... it couldn't be...

She felt laughter bubble up at the idea that someone as flirtatious as Adolphus having never kissed before, surely he realized to get good at something you had to practice. Weren't there any easily charmed women around him to use for such a purpose? Lorena had gotten the whole first kiss business out of the way years ago. She'd never gone farther though, she wasn't Phyra Venture.

Still...

She pulled away from Adolphus, feeling the kiss had gone on quite long enough and couldn't keep a smile from her face at her discovery, she tried to make it seem sage and mysterious.

"Forgive me, Lord Adolphus," She said primly, let him figure out what she was sorry for. "I forgot I had an appointment to make," She wondered if Lord Winston would even make the lunch appointment what with all the singing. The idea of Lord Winston singing made her want to shiver. "Until we meet again."

Then she turned and left like nothing had happened.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users