The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Elaborate Lives

Musical Silly Love Duet Jasun Vallace Lysette Hasting Closed

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Prelan
  • Age30

• Relationship StatusSecretly Engaged to Lysette Hasting

• OriginKlessium

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

'Come now music,' Jasun pleaded as he walked along, 'You know you want to give me an amazing singing voice.' It seemed everywhere around him people were suddenly revealing their talent at song and dance, and he had yet to be struck by any sort of musical bug. It was quite frustrating.

Then again, perhaps going to the site of hundreds of grisly murders had not been his best idea for bursting into spontaneous song. To be fair, it wasn't really his fault. He'd been wandering around aimlessly and many roads led to Fountain Square.

Perhaps he was just too tired to burst into song, that was probably true. He'd spent too many nights plotting with his allies, probably. Ugh, he just wanted the whole Hasting crisis to be over, because he knew, without a doubt, that he would not be married until it was. It was too tempting a carrot to dangle in front of him so that he would do what needed to be done.

Perhaps he was being unfair to his allies, but he couldn't help but be wary, even if they were friendly and personable that didn't mean they wouldn't use him. They might do it with the best of intentions, but it would still be manipulating him.

He barely even noticed when he started singing.

"We all lead such elaborate lives
wild ambitions in our sights.
"

There was only one person he knew who had only his best interests in heart, and he couldn't see her, or even talk to her about this. He couldn't burden Lysette with how exhausted he was of the plots, she was born of a Great House, she was probably used to all this. When the next words left his mouth he realized what he was doing, and tried frantically to stop, but the music had a hold of him.

"How an affair of the heart survives
days apart and hurried nights
."

People didn't look at him strangely, the music had a hold of them too, they merely made way for him as he walked along, Jasun grit his teeth and spilled out his heart for the masses to hear. Just what he wanted.

"Seems quite unbelievable to me
I don't want to live like that.
seems quite unbelievable to me
I don't want to love like that.
"

His shoulders slumped, and he would have heaved a sigh if he could've.

"I just want our time to be
slower and gentler, wiser, free.
"

#2 Lysette Hasting

Tineye
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSecretly Engaged

• OriginLansing City

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

As magical as all of the singing was, Lysette didn't want to have her own song... not in the Keep. She didn't need to be belting out a song in front of Colette or anyone about how tired she felt of all of the manipulation. She wanted to find Jasun even in the middle of the day. She didn't care. As much as she wanted to deny it, it was getting harder and harder to stay away from him. Harder and harder for her to concentrate on the day to day life in Keep Hasting.

She found herself wandering around Fountain square when she heard him. She instantly knew who was singing. She could tell his voice from miles away. She had spent so long now memorizing everything she could about him so she could tell him apart. He was special.

She listened to his song, just as she had listened to many other people sing so far today. She felt nervous to sing her feelings out in the open like everyone else had. She could feel the music take her over. She wanted to run and hide, but she knew she had to sing. She let the music draw her in.

She touched Jasun on the shoulder, getting his attention and the words came tumbling from her. Things she had wanted to tell him for ages. She had never sung in public, and especially not to Jasun.

"We all live in extravagant times
playing games we can't all win"

Lysette took him by the hand. She was swept up in the music by this point; it took control of her.

"Unintended emotional crimes
Take some out, take others in

I'm so tired of all were going through
I don't want to live like that "

Lysette pulled him close, dancing with him as they had once danced on the rooftops in the mists.

"I'm so tired of all were going through
I don't want to love like that
I just want to be with you
Now and forever , peaceful, true"

#3 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Prelan
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Of course Lysette was here, he should have realized she had to be here for him to start singing, but it didn't matter. Lysette was here, and she felt the same as him, he wasn't alone. It was like some great weight was taken off his shoulders and he held her close, dancing as slowly as the beat would let him.

"This may not be the moment
to tell you face to face
."

Well at least the song was self aware, that was something.

"But I could wait forever
for the perfect time and place
."

The music picked up, but Jasun barely loosened his hold on Lysette. He had an excuse to hold her in public and he was taking it, damnit.

"We all lead such elaborate lives
We don't know whose words are true
."

#4 Lysette Hasting

Tineye
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusSecretly Engaged

• OriginLansing City

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:41 AM

Lysette felt, for the first time in her life, accepted. Her opinions were shared by Jasun. That was all the validation she needed. They needed to simplify. They just needed to get through this... turmoil and their lives would be simpler.

"Strangers, lovers, husbands, wives
Hard to know who's loving who

Too many choices tear us apart
I don't want to live like that "

She happily stayed in Jasun's arms. Would this sentiment last after the song? Luthadel went crazy, but this was the first sane thing she had done or seen all day. Earlier she sang about choosing clothes with her maid... This was much more serious. Would they feel the same when the music stopped?

#5 Jasun Vallace

• Fallen Noble

Prelan
  • Age30

• OriginKlessium

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

He was worried Lysette might pull away, she had never been that comfortable with touching, and to do so in public, even after the ball... he was worried she would not want to stay near him. It would smell too much like weakness, to lean on another, but she stayed and sang with him, so he sang back with everything he had.

"Too many choices tear us apart,
I don't want to love like that.
I just want to touch your heart
May this confession..."

The music wound down as he sang and he knew the moment would come soon that it left him all together. Would she let go of him when it ended? Or could they just hold each other, just for a minute, in the light of day, finally?

"Be the start..."

He clung to her as the music left, he did not want the moment to end just yet, no matter how weak or foolish it might make him seem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users