The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

I need YOU to join Team Love-gods

Team Love-gods Shipping Plot

11 replies to this topic

#1 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

So, we love our ships over here, and I love Shakespeare. The two combined to become an awesome idea.

THE INSPIRATION:
In the play Much Ado About Nothing, two of the characters are at each other's throats in a battle of wits and this has been going on forever. It's also super obvious that they're in love. Don Pedro finally comes up with this idea to secretly convince each of them that the other one is pining for him/her in an attempt to get them together. He says "If we can do this, Cupid is no longer an archer: his glory shall be ours, for we are the only love-gods."

And so the plot commences and Beatrice and Benedick fall in love because they overhear people talking about how much the other is in love with him/her and all is right with the world(not to mention, it's really hilarious).

Also, I stole the name Team Love-gods from the vlog version of the play. It's called Nothing Much To Do and it's great. Go watch it.

THE IDEA:
We have a lot of ships here, and some of them are definitely frustrating. However, I think it would be fun to do something like the plot in Much Ado. So, we'd have our two characters in their War of Wit, our genius who comes up with the idea, and some other members of the team(friends of the ship, probably).

Basically, we'd have a group of friends(they'd probably be nobles, but this could work with skaa too), and in this group is the War of Wit between the two, and we would get to write awesome scenes with eavesdropping and discussions about how much they're in love with each other.

WHY I NEED HELP:
Obviously, I can't do this on my own. It's way too many characters, and it's more fun with a bunch of people. I could probably do this all with Noelle, but that's not nearly as fun(no offense, Noelle :{D ). So, fill in the plot with your characters! You can make up characters, stick in already conceived characters, do whatever. You can even take a plot that's already been conceived and tailor it to fit this idea. The only important bit is the plot itself.

CHARACTERS NEEDED:

Ship member #1: Witty, charming, infuriating guy who is handsome, but doesn't want to marry.

Ship member #2: Clever, kinda mean lady who is lovely, but doesn't have marriage in her plans either. (Noelle has taken this)

The Genius Who Comes Up With It: An overall good guy with way to much time on his hands.

And the rest of Team Love-gods: Some girls, some dudes. Just good friends of the ship members, basically. In the play this consists of Ursula, Margaret, and Hero on the lady's side, and Balthasar, Claudio, and Leonato on the men's side. (only Eclipse so far)

So, PLOT AWAY!!!!!! Post your ideas, character ideas, anything relating to this. I also hereby say that Team Love-gods is this plot's tag, and once we've got people I might even make a doc for Team Love-gods.

EDIT: I just want to point out that gender stuff can be changed. I'm just going with the play, but I've already swapped the main love peeps, so if you want to take a character, but play it as a different gender, that's totally cool.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 02 July 2014 - 02:50 AM.

PCs:

Delve, Silvan Calomine, Zella Calomine, Liss

Renette Deveaux, Marceline Dumont

Isabelle Sureau, Gisela Sureau,

Adalaide Getrue, Oliver Martel,

Grandell Tekiel, Yvette Valcier,

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

Vanessa Venture, Cedric Hallieau

Cordelia Morel, Kennith Fathvell

NPCs:

Issa Calomine, Randall Scanlan

#2 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'm in! I'm not sure what character I'd make, or even what my character would be like, but it sounds like fun, so I guess it's time to start brainstorming!

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Votir Zerrung, Bernard Urvon, Celestine Beliveaux

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Bastian Urvon: Mistborn

Astor Urvon:Urvon Heir

Trenton Urvon

#3 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

I think I might steal the guy who comes up with the idea, so that I can orchestrate this. So, maybe that helps you? I don't know. But YAAAAYY!!!

PCs:

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

NPCs:

#4 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yeah I'll probably write one of the main guy's friends

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Trenton Urvon

#5 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Aaaaahhhhhh..... Too many characters..... Maybe I'll join in, but at this stage(unless any of my existing characters for in) I'll sit this one out till Jos and Roland have been written.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

I can try to make a character who is relevant, but that usually does not work for me...

If you decide you do want me to do something, I am always game!

P.S. great idea! (I salute you)

Edited by Tal Spektor, 30 June 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Is an insane A.I.

#7 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Oh, I'm not going to pick and choose people. The people who are in this plot get to choose their own characters and what role they want to play. Although, it would definitely be nice to get the two love interests filled so that we can work more out. They can be existing characters, we can tailor the plot to fit their relationship, etc, etc.

PCs:

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

NPCs:

#8 Thoughtful Spurts

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

If they were skaa, or even if they were nobles, I think Tiffany would make a pretty good Genius Who Comes Up With It.

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Terris: Zincell (Feruchemist)
Skaa: Ema (Tineye), Laurence (smoker),

Inactive:

Skaa: Tiffany [WIP], Lord Donahue (smoker) [WIP]. Ms. Grantham [WIP]
Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#9 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Okay!

Just gonna make a quick list of who we still need(and seriously, if you want a character, just say so).

The Guy
At least two more friends/group peeps
TS, if you want to take the genius no matter what, that's cool. If you only want him/her if you can use Tiffany, that's also fine.

Also, just a disclaimer that you have complete freedom with your character, and if you want to, say, make the genius who comes up with the plot a woman, go right ahead. That is with all characters.

Also, I think the IC name for the group is Team Love Kandra.

PCs:

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

NPCs:

#10 Eclipse

5th Tier Elariel

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Are we going to have a google doc for this, or will we plan it all on this thread?

---Eclipse---

Player Characters:

Nobles:

Skaa:

Avyn, Turnol, Lock(WIP)

Obligators:

Bertram Urvon(WIP)

In the Works:

Trenton Urvon

#11 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

There will be a google doc once I know who's doing this for sure. For now, let's plan here.

PCs:

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,

NPCs:

#12 MozytheHealer

Posse Member

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

So the way this is going to work is I have created a doc, and it is a lovely doc. If you are part of the plot, please request access for yourself or share it with yourself or something so that I don't have to be creepy and track down your email using other docs you are a part of. :{D

PCs:

Katryn Domaille

WIPs:

Ranee, Delacey,

Theodoric Getrue, Kyl,