The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

The Lady's Arrival

Private W2 D2 LM Cora Fathvell Dastand Fathvell Eliza Fathvell Felix Fathvell

23 replies to this topic

#1 Cora Fathvell

• Sister to Lord Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginTavira

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

As soon as Cora's barge docked, she unloaded their first carriage and took it, along with her son, Elliot, to Keep Fathvell. It had been excruciating to wait for the barge to move through the busy Channerel waters and dock at the northern docks, but it was closer to Keep Fathvell than the southern ones. Cora did not wait for the other carriages to get ready. Supplies could wait, while she needed to see Dastand now.

She thought of the attack on her barge on her trip from Austrex. It had delayed them a few days, and she surely missed the key Casuana Ball. It aggravated Cora. She needed to be flawless in Luthadel, and punctuality was necessary. She knew she should be thankful that there were no losses during the attack. It went as well as it could have, considering.

It was still annoying being late.

"So many people," Elliot said, eagerly looking out the window. "How did the Lord Ruler pack so many skaa here?"

"Walls tend to do that," Cora said.

Elliot snorted. "Yeah. But the sewage, and the effort to sustain it all… it's amazing. If not particularly beautiful."

Then the carriage rounded a corner and arrived at Keep Fathvell.

"All right, that's gorgeous," Elliot whispered.

Of course, Cora thought. He's never been to Luthadel. He doesn't know how impressive the keeps here need to be. They had to be ostentatious.

And Keep Fathvell did feel ostentatious, though not like Keeps Venture or Sureau. Instead, it took the Southern Island architecture and melded it with the modern Luthadel style. Its entrance was spanned with several arches, held up by white pillars which were remarkably clean, considering the ash here.

"Ho there!" a guard yelled, approaching her carriage.

Cora casually stepped out. "I am Cora Fathvell. Lord Dastand has been expecting us."

Another guard, which Cora recognized as the captain of the Fathvell guard, ran to them. He was a short, muscular man, with an old scar along his neck. "My lady, we were told you would arrive three days ago. Lord Fathvell and I were worried..."

"There was a minor incident on the way, and it took us three days to repair the damage. Don't concern yourself with it. I presume we missed the ball?"

"Well, there is always a ball here in Luthadel," the captain said.

Cora looked at him with a flat, emotionless stare. I happen to have been here many times. The captain flinched.

"Um, you did miss the Casuana Ball, actually, my lady, but I'd say that's fortunate. My lady."

"Explain."

"The skaa attacked. Much of it had been damaged. From what I hear, we can thank the Lord Ruler there weren't more casualties. There were executions yesterday, so we should be fine."

And I missed executions? Ash. That would have been essential to integrate with high nobility.

"My brother?"

"Was quite safe, my lady."

"Good. I'm glad you are proficient in something, if not manners."

"My apologies, my lady."

"Make up for it by going to the north dock and grabbing our things, as well as supplies from Austrex." Cora turned to the first guard. "Run to my brother. Tell him I will be in the ballroom. Then show Elliot to his chambers."

The guards scurried along. At least the guards were effective at following orders. Cora could work with them, though she may need to ask Dastand about questionable hiring practices.

As she walked through the keep, she couldn't help but admire the architecture and craftsmanship. The Fathvell manor in Austrex used some of the island stylings, but this was a whole new level. It had the antique feeling of the oldest manors in Tavira, and wouldn't be out of place there, either. She knew that had been the intent, but in its final state, it was both familiar to her and breathtaking.

Cora walked under another white archway, stepping outside under the heat of the red sun. This inner area of the keep contained an enormous pool of perfectly flat, glassy water, like a tiny sea in the most urban area of the Final Empire. In its center was an island with a wide building, which Cora knew was the ballroom. There were some stain-glassed windows along the walls of the structure, which combined with the reflections of the water, glimmered brilliantly. Each window depicted a scene from the Isles. The nearest was a wondrous display of a Taviran sunset.

It's even better than the plans had implied, Cora thought.

There were small ferries along both sides of the "sea," in such a great quantity that it seemed silly. Of course, when a ball would be held, each one would be necessary. It would be unseemly to keep high nobility waiting. Cora waved to a servant to take her across, and as she arrived, sent the servant back across, so she could be alone in the ballroom.

Its interior was gorgeous. Unlike the small sea that surrounded the building, it wasn't an open-air ballroom--that would have been too annoying during a ball--but its roof was decorated like a Luthadel night's sky to make it seem like it was. All in all, the ballroom looked almost completely ready to accept the hordes of Luthadel nobility.

Well, this is ahead of schedule.

She took a moment to enjoy the completed ballroom, as well as organize her thoughts.

#2 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

• Relationship StatusWidower

• OriginTavira, Southern Islands

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Dastand hurried through one of the many tunnels that led from the main body of Keep Fathvell to the island ballroom, trying very much to look like he wasn't hurrying. It wouldn't do to have it said that even Lord Fathvell himself jumped when his lady sister snapped her fingers, no matter how true it was.

This particular tunnel, properly finished and decorated for use by members of the family, was empty save for him, but he knew that others were probably bustling with activity. Many people probably thought that Keep Fathvell's lake was a waste of space, but what they didn't know was that underneath its serene surface lay an extensive network of tunnels - some for use by the Fathvells themselves, and others for the servants and laborers - and other facilities, including the very heart and soul of Keep Fathvell: the wine cellars. The cool, quiet maze of bottles and barrels was one of Dastand's favorite places to go for some quiet contemplation, but there would be none of that today, it seemed.

And for that matter, why had Cora chosen to meet him in the ballroom, of all places? Couldn't they have met in his study? If she wanted to see the keep, he would have loved to have given her a proper tour while they caught up. But Cora did as Cora pleased, and the rest of the world moved around her. It was one of the things about his sister that Dastand loved and admired and was vexed by all at the same time. But then again, that pretty much described anything and everything about Cora, and he wouldn't change her for anything.

Even if he did wish that she would remember to let him look like the one in charge at least some of the time.

At last he climbed the stairs at the end of the tunnel and emerged from a door to the side of the dais where the high table sat. Cora was there already of course, admiring the ballroom. That made Dastand quite happy; he had taken quite a long time to make sure everything about this place was perfect, and if Cora liked it, then it obviously was.

Moving quickly - but not too quickly - he crossed the mosaic-patterned dance floor to join his sister.

"Cora, my dear sister," he said with a smile, "how good to finally have you here. If it had been anyone but you, I might have been worried when your barge was delayed. But here you are, safe and sound and in control as I knew you'd be."

Posted Image

#3 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

"Dastand," Cora said with a smile, walking up and hugging him lightly.

She glanced around the ballroom, even though she just had been staring at it a moment ago. A reflexive check to see if anyone was watching.

"Some bandits attacked us. There was some fire. Then they all died. Elliot now knows what I am, but that's for the best. I honestly thought he would have figured it out much sooner."

Cora's son was not immensely known for his skills of observation.

"How are you?" she asked. From what Cora could tell, it was her usual brother--which was both a good thing and bad thing. It meant that he was a stunning example of a young Great House Lord, but there was nothing that indicated that there was anything in his heart that filled the void his late wife did. Normal Dastand. "Harm gives his regard, too."

#4 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

It was good to hug his sister again, for all it felt strange to be reminded that he was taller than someone he had always seen as being larger than life.

"I regret that you couldn't come together. I pray he and Medora can join us soon." He of all people knew the pain of being separated from one's beloved family, and wouldn't wish it on anyone - especially the part that was costing him his daughter. "I've been well enough, I suppose. It's good to have Eliza back, but I fear she isn't adapting as well as I had hopped. But that's a longer talk best had after you've settled in a bit. Business is good, but we still haven't grown as much as I'd like. There's much to be done, but for now, why not enjoy a good look at your new home?"

And so, with a pleased smile, he gestured around at the ballroom around them. Built in the style and architecture of classic Tavira, but to the scale and grandeur of Luthadel, this ballroom was almost as much of a pride and joy to him as the wine cellar. Almost. "What do you think? There's nothing like it in all the Empire. And in a week's time, the whole city will see what we've been up to for the past year."

Posted Image

#5 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

"I fear it will be some time until they join us, unfortunately," Cora said. "And I would love to. It is an extraordinary keep, and I simply love the ballroom. You know those things that you plan, but never look as good as it does when it comes to fruition? This is absolutely nothing like that." Cora gave him a wide, almost childish grin. "It is wonderful."

They walked around the perimeter of the ballroom. "We have a ball in a week?" Cora asked. "I wasn't aware we were in the main rotation so quickly."

#6 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

"We're not," Dastand explained, "At least not quite yet. The upcoming ball is in the middle of the week - a debut of sorts, if you will. After that, we will take our place at the end of the rotation. But the keep is already bursting with excitement over it, of course; I'm approached several times a day with such queries as, 'which of these nearly identical white napkins should we use?' and the like. I'm quite looking forward to it, though." They passed underneath the balcony that ran along the long sides of the room, and Dastand slowed their pace so Cora would be able to get a better look at the windows if she wanted.

"I can only hope that our ball isn't nearly as exciting or disastrous as the Casuanas'. You missed quite the show, or so I'm told."

Posted Image

#7 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

Cora raised the pitch of her voice. "Oh honestly, Lord Fathvell, do you prefer the ivory napkins or the cream ones? My house is the finest in napkin-related crafts. Why, we clean our napkins in ninety-nine percent ash free water, for you fine lords and ladies. You need only the best at Keep Fathvell."

She then lowered her voice, drawing out her syllables like some Easterner. "Why but what will we do when our guests spill our wonderful wine? Before flaying them for ruining such masterpieces."

"Well Lord Fathvell," she said, screechingly high again, "you could always choose the crimson napkins. It matches with both the reddest of wines and blood! Aha! Hah hah! Aren't I so droll, Lord Fathvell?"

Cora smiled, looking into Dastand's eyes. "Seriously, though, brother. You can't tell the difference between ivory and cream? For shame. Evidently you will need my efforts to make sure it is flawless."

Then he mentioned the Casuana ball. "Let me guess, they needed some crimson napkins?"

#8 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

"I would think there's more crimson in the Casuana ballroom than they know what to do with at the moment," Dastand said, his smirk at Cora's antics quickly fading. "And what isn't stained with blood is ruined by smoke. It was a skaa Mistborn, Cora, challenging a ballgown-wearing Inquisitor to a duel. With my daughter right there in the middle of it!

"And from everything I've been told, it was a madhouse even before that. The Tekiel heir got thrown into a fountain, a bunch of prisoners were dragged out in chains for some reason, and Eliza punched a Casuana in the face. Oh yes, and did I mention the Inquisitor in the ballgown?"

Posted Image

#9 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

A skaa Mistborn? Cora thought. Fighting an Inquisitor?

Evidently, rumors of the skaa rebellion in Austrex were immensely understated.

"Everything you've been told? You weren't there? Eliza was there by herself?" Cora kept her composure--mostly. If she had let Medora out during such a thing, while she was off galavanting in the night...

Cora blinked. "Eliza punched a Casuana? How can you be so nonchalant if we are at war now, Dastand! Honestly, that girl better--"

#10 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

"Had better control her temper, I know," Dastand said calmly, cutting his sister off by resting a gentle hand on her shoulder. "But in this case, I believe Eliza was in the right. There was an... incident... during the ball, in which one Alistair Casuana challenged Caden Hasting to a duel. Alistair's cousin Riordan apparently decided he was a more worthy challenger, and attempted to monopolize Caden's attention - and anger - by provoking him. Since Caden had been dancing with Eliza at the time, Riordan's tactics included making certain indecent suggestions to her. I would have punched the boy myself, had I been there."

Perhaps he still would, if Lord Riordan were foolish enough to approach Eliza again.

Posted Image

#11 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

"Ah. In that case, good," Cora said. It was one thing to need to control one's temper, but one could not let a noble walk over themselves. Especially if there was inappropriate behavior like that. What sort of horrible man would do such a thing?

"Have you met with the Casuanas regarding this?" she asked. "It would be superb if this did not blow up in our face. I admit, I don't know much about Riordan. He's not Everett's son... no, he's Leonard's son, of course. Would you say he's prominent enough that he could get retribution?" She began to trail off. "I wonder what Lady Casuana thinks of it, if this Riordan has her ear. I can talk with my contacts with them and see if they can prevent this kind of catastrophe..."

#12 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

Dastand waved a hand as if to dismiss his sister's concern. "It was a perverted young man being a perverted young man and getting entirely what he deserved for it. And from what Eliza tells me, Lord Caden gave him a sound thrashing for good measure."

Lord Caden Hasting. Now there was the true threat, if Eliza's expression when talking about him was any indication.

"He's the one you need to keep an eye on, if you ask me," he continued. "He apparently took his shirt off for the duel, there in the middle of the ballroom like some sort of pirate rogue, and then didn't bother to put it back on when the keep came under attack. Which meant that my daughter was evacuated while clinging to the arm of some shirtless--" He cut off before he could say anything he might regret, clearing his throat to cover the pause it took for him to regain his composure.

"For nineteen years my Eliza has been oblivious to men aside from whether or not they're good trade contacts, or how dangerous they are. And suddenly she comes home from that ball as red as the sun and talking about how pleasant he is, and I don't like it one bit. He's going to use her in his struggle against his cousin, Cora, mark my words - and worse, I think she might actually fancy him. Of all the men for her to choose!"

Posted Image

#13 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Cora smirked. "Yes, and no one in this room has fallen heads-over-heels for anyone. Truly would be preposterous to conceive of such a thing."

"Honestly," Cora said shaking her head, "I had thought that had been your purpose for bringing her here anyway. Now you're surprised it is occurring."

Dastand began to protest, but she raised her finger. "Hush. I shall take care of this. I've lived long enough where I can spot a good one from a bad one, and I shall soon get to the bottom of any plot involving them. I trust you will not interfere as I do my work, yes?"

Her brother's face reddened with anger. His glare would probably have scared even that skaa Mistborn.

Cora, however, simply put her finger on his lips. "I will take this very seriously. I am immensely worried about any kind Hasting involvement. No Great House will stomp over us, I will ensure that much. You know that."

#14 Dastand Fathvell

• Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age35

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

"Yes, I do," Dastand said, more calmly than he felt, as he gently removed Cora's hand from his face, "and I'm also concerned for Eliza herself. She's falling for a man who can and probably will use her in a succession crisis. What happens if she attaches herself to him and he fails? What happens if she does, and he succeeds? She hasn't adapted well to Luthadel, Cora. She's more suited to thieves and pirates than lords and ladies, and it shows. She has no instinct for the subtle intrigues of the court, and she shows no interest in learning them. How is she supposed to keep herself in one piece now that she's getting herself caught up with Caden Hasting of all people?"

Not that Caden was particularly dangerous in and of himself; everything Dastand knew about the lad agreed that he was a gentleman through and through - courteous, charming, and incredibly sharp. Somehow, though, that just made it worse.

"I'd like you to talk to her when you can. She's not equipped to handle life in Luthadel, for all Felix has been trying to help her. Besides, she could use a strong womanly influence in her life."

Dastand pushed open a side door that led onto one of the island's many terraces. Paved for convenience but otherwise almost entirely open, they afforded a beautiful view of the lake. It would be absolutely stunning at night, with the light reflecting off the water.

As soon as they stepped outside, there was a solid THUNK off to Dastand's right. A startled glance revealed a row of archery targets set up several yards away, several arrows stuck deeply into them. He dreaded to look, but he already knew what he would find. And sure enough, there was Eliza.

Standing in a boat. In the middle of the lake.

With a bow and quiver.

Eliza smiled and waved, causing the boat to rock precariously, but she kept her balance and somehow prevented the boat from capsizing. Dastand just sighed.

"See what I mean?"

Posted Image

#15 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

Cora laughed a hearty laugh, one that only Harm could usually get out of her. "Wonderful, wonderful. This is phenomenal. This will work just fine.

Dastand looked at her quizzically, and Cora rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes you can't see the Ashmount through the ash, dear. Now what have I always told you? Where there is potential," Cora said as Eliza loosed another arrow, hitting the edge of her target, "you can always mold into a shape you desire. Given enough effort."

Cora grinned. It was that self-assured, annoying smile, the kind that always infuriated Dastand. "I will train her. Fret not."

I remember being impulsive, Cora thought. I still am, sometimes. Damn Harm for continuing to coax it out. Cora recalled the first time she went on her own, slaughtering some pirates. If Eliza had been Mistborn, that seemed like a thing she would be perfectly capable of doing. Cora had turned out fine, and so would Eliza.

Impulsive, hmm? Cora glanced around the lake, flaring tin. There were too many servants around for Cora to flare steel and leap onto Eliza's boat. A shame. It would've been too fun. It would have made a great impression on Eliza, making her easier to work with. Plus, it'd would have infuriated Dastand.

Instead, Cora waved to a servant, and the ferry picked them up, rowing them both to Eliza's precarious boat.

"Hello, darling niece!" Cora yelled, burning tin to hear her response.

#16 Eliza Fathvell

• Daughter of Lord Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusCourting Caden Hasting

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Word spread quickly through the keep that the Lady Cora had arrived at last, and when it reached Eliza and Felix, it seemed their pleasant day together was already at an end. One look at her best cousin's face was all it took to see that he was not looking forward to reuniting with his teacher - and from everything he'd said about their time together, Eliza couldn't blame him.

And she couldn't help but want to give him just a few more hours of freedom. He tried to excuse himself to go see their aunt, but Eliza cut him off.

"Get out of here," she ordered him, in no uncertain terms. "I'll go do something crazy so she'll forget about you for a little while."

For a moment Eliza wasn't sure if Felix heard her right, so she was just about to repeat herself when he interrupted her with a big hug and ran off.

Eliza just grinned, glad to see that he appreciated her offer, and set out for the lake. A quick detour to the armory later, and she was rowing herself out to the middle of the lake. She'd always wanted to try aquatic archery, and this seemed like as good a time as any to start. It was definitely crazy enough to get her father's attention, and it wasn't like she would be easy to miss out here.

It took a while for the two of them to put in an appearance, which suited Eliza just fine. It gave her more time to practice, which she clearly needed. While she was a great shot at this distance while standing on solid ground, the rocking of the boat was hard to compensate for, meaning some of her arrows didn't hit as close to the mark as she would have liked. At least most of them were still decently close to the centers, so it wasn't too embarrassing a showing.

Then Father and Aunt Cora emerged from a side door, and it wasn't long before they were in a boat themselves, approaching her. It seemed like her plan was a success; Felix would have his last moments of freedom to himself.

But... why was Aunt Cora looking at her like that?

Suddenly, everything Felix had ever written about their aunt came flooding into her mind, and Eliza began to wonder if this was really the best idea, or if she should have made Felix take her somewhere across the city instead. But that would have just gotten them both in trouble. Instead, it seemed that Eliza had fed herself to the Mistwraiths.

"Hello, Aunt Cora," she called back, "Hello, Father. Excellent day for target practice, isn't it?"

Posted Image

#17 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

"Eliza!" Cora said, smiling warmly. It wasn't fake, per se, just well practiced from dealing with the nobility for so long. Sometimes, it was just easier to fall on those rote emotions. She had the reputation of being extremely controlled anyway, so they would feel genuine to everyone except, perhaps, Harm. And on a good day, Dastand.

Cora was happy to see Eliza, however. More often than not, what she wanted to reveal to others was the same as her true emotions.

"Your father tells me that you punched a Casuana at their ball," Cora said. "He was very proud. I was worried at first, but then I found it delightfully amusing. How did it feel?"

#18 Eliza Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

"Incredibly satisfying," Eliza answered with a wicked grin. "I know that women here are supposed to let men duel for their honor and all that nonsense, and it was fun watching Lord Caden duel, but I'm not about to stake all of my pride on some man's ability to duel. Not even Lord Caden's. My way isn't the Luthadel way, but I'm not a Luthadel woman, either.

"Lord Landell even complimented me on my right hook," she added with a smirk. "Have you ever heard a Terrisman tell you you pack a mean wallop? It's something else. But... proud? That's not what Father told me."

"I said you were right to do it," was the calm-faced answer she got. "I didn't say I was proud of you for brawling in someone else's keep."

If she looked pretty closely, though, Eliza thought she could almost see a trace of the supposedly nonexistent pride on his face. Almost.

"Father does like for me to try to be more ladylike," she continued, "but sometimes you meet someone who just really needs to be hit in the face."

Posted Image

#19 Cora Fathvell

High House Noble
  • Age39

• OriginTavira

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

"There's nothing quite as satisfying as giving someone what they truly deserve," Cora said. "And do not mind your father. He isn't wrong, but he is stuffy." Cora gave Dastand a look that simply said, You know I'm right. "His duty is to fret and be stuffy, so don't hold it against him.

"I, on the other hand," Cora said, "get to be stuffy when I choose and free when I wish. That is the wonderful thing about being a woman. I'm sure you have so much fun as lord, brother, but I prefer this instead."

Their ferries reached the edge of the lake, and Cora smoothly moved between Eliza and her father, putting an arm around Eliza, whisking her away. "Perhaps you'd like to show me around the keep, Eliza?"

Cora looked at Dastand. You wanted me to help. I will. Promise. She had her copper on, like always, so she Soothed away some of Dastand's tension.

#20 Eliza Fathvell

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• OriginSouthern Islands

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Aunt Cora quite nicely asked if Eliza would like to show her around the keep, but Eliza knew better. According to Felix, a request from Aunt Cora held more water than a direct command from any lord or lady of comparative rank - and Eliza was beginning to see why. It was the same sort of subtle but definite "I'm in charge here so it would be much more pleasant for both of us if you go along with it" attitude she herself had tried to cultivate in her own work back in Tavira, but everything had changed when she came to Luthadel. The skills she'd spent her life honing weren't wanted or needed here, and she was left with a blank slate. She was almost jealous of Aunt Cora, who by all accounts could slip seamlessly from one setting to another without missing a beat.

"Uh, yeah, sure," she said, trying not to let her nerves show. Just what did Aunt Cora want with her? "Um. We're already pretty close, so let's start with the gardens."

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users