The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

34 replies to this topic

#21 Ferrah Brehaut

• Clique Lieutenant

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginAustrex

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Ferrah smiled at Celestine's question. At least someone was in her corner. She and Colette were going to need all the help they could get if they were going to tackle the situation Eliza had landed them in.

"Yes of course, Celestine darling, please come, and sit by me." The move had been characteristic of Celestine, minimizing the risk by taking the middle ground between two choices. "Well, Marceline, why don't we fix that, hmmm? I'm sure you already have something picked out for the Perrault Ball, but what about the Elariel ball at the end of the week? We could have a shopping trip, just us girls, and then perhaps get our hair done together in the afternoon before the ball. Wouldn't that be fun?" Ferrah intentionally brightened her tone, giving Marceline a break from the discipline she deserved. The rest of that could wait until Colette arrived, and Ferrah wanted to take as much control of the situation as possible before that happened.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Marceline Dumont

• Member of The Posse

Posse Member
  • Age18

• OriginAustrex

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

Marceline hesitated, shrugging. She had already gotten two dresses, but she supposed that she could make some excuses. The second one had been a present from her mother, who was apparently unhappy that it was taking her so long to start courting someone. So she'd sent some extra boxings and written that Marceline needed to get nicer dresses for the balls. Not that her mother knew what dresses Marceline was wearing, though. She just assumed that they weren't good.

"I actually have a dress being made for each ball already. The colors were picked out by my mother, as well as the cut on one of them. After the Perrault ball I can show you the second one, of course. One is white and gold, but it's not as fancy as I thought it would be. I have not yet decided which dress to wear to which ball." Marceline grew both more confident as she talked about the dresses and more nervous. She didn't want Ferrah to tell her that the second dress she had was not good enough. She loved it and the color looked wonderful on her. It was blue, which of course didn't accent her eyes, but her maid knew how to do that with makeup so she wasn't worried.

"The other one..." She hesitated again and then smiled a little, "The other one is blue and silver. It's much more elegant than the gold one. As I said, I would be more than willing to show them to you two, and the others. I would not want to look bad at either event."

#23 Teresia Martel

• Clique Gossip

Steward in Training
  • Age20

• OriginNorthern Dominance

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:33 AM

Well this was tragic. With the streets packed as they were it left Teresia with little time to make herself more presentable for Colette. She'd rushed to a carriage still holding the pins in her half-finished hair and hastily, but skilfully, wound the rest of it round to complete a modest bun. She left out a thin strip of hair on either side of her bangs that she brushed down, careful not to dislodge the rest of it.

Teresia had chosen a grey dress for the occasion; she imagined the irony would be clear to the others. Choosing a dress that almost rivalled her execution attire in sombre notes was a little morbid, but it might entertain her before she had to endure Colette harping on about something nonsensical again. Probably about Eliza - she had made quite the scene, and although Teresia would pick up the pitchfork with Colette, she secretly felt envious of the intimacy Eliza had with Caden. She couldn't wish her ill for that at all. In fact, Teresia found herself hoping that it worked out. Somehow.

While putting on the last of her make-up, the carriage had eased up to the entrance - she noticed that Marceline's steward seemed to be haggling with the driver of another carriage, as she strode into the keep and waltzed towards the sound of conversation. She stopped long enough in the hall to see if Colette was already in the room. Long enough to hear the venom in Ferrah's admonishment of Marceline's attire. Celestine was there and Teresia giggled inwardly when the fairy girl asked to sit.

After a minute it was clear that Colette was not in the room. There were no last minute checks; Teresia was confident in how she appeared even when she was a wreck. She strode into the room with a smile.

"If friends are the artisans of style then should they not make the dress?", she practically beamed as she spoke. Even if her quip just now was intended to pinch a nerve.

Edited by Lyrebon, 26 January 2015 - 04:34 AM.

#24 Ferrah Brehaut

• Clique Lieutenant

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• OriginAustrex

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Ferrah raised an eyebrow as Teresia entered, characteristically late and offensive. "Teresia, how good of you to join us!" Ferrah said with a muted smile, intentionally contrasting the wide idiot-grin Teresia had chosen. Teresia might fool most with her giggly half-wit routine, but Ferrah knew a threat when she saw one. Celestine was cautious and eager to please, and Marceline was easy to bully, but Teresia proved much more difficult to control. With her bold and rebellious attitude, and her ability to discover the secrets of others, Teresia was the greatest threat to Ferrah's position within the group. That meant she needed to be watched carefully, which was the reason Ferrah had intentionally sought a close friendship with the other woman.

"While I'm certain your designs would be all too amusing, Teresia dear, I worry that forcing Marceline to wear them to an important event would be a tad cruel. Besides, how would it reflect on our group to have a member so poorly dressed?" Ferrah kept her tone light, so that any passerby would assume she was light heartedly teasing Teresia about her sewing skills. The pointed glance she spared for Marceline, however, made the implicit threat in her words clear. Fail us again, and public embarrassment will be the least of your concerns.

Ferrah eyed Teresia's evidently hastily put-together ensemble with a mixture of distaste and envy. The color combined with the pedestrian hair style almost made her look like a servant, and yet Teresia still looked stunning, with her vibrant red hair and full lips. Ferrah comforted herself by resolving that she need not know whether or not she could pull off such a look, since she would never be lazy or tasteless enough to try it.

Despite the mixture emotions Teresia brought to the table, Ferrah was glad to have another ally. Now the group, save for Colette and the traitor Eliza, were all present, and things could truly get started, with Ferrah getting Marceline back under control so that Eliza could be properly handled once she arrived.

"I'm sorry to switch topics so quickly, but now that Teresia is here, we really should get started. I'm afraid Marceline's fashion sense will have to be rectified another day. Don't worry dear, I'm certain whatever you've chosen for the next few balls will be adequate for the time being. We can arrange our little shopping trip later. Right now, we have a situation involving the newest addition to our group that needs dealing with. I assume you all know what I am referring to?"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Marceline Dumont

• Member of The Posse

Posse Member
  • Age18

• OriginAustrex

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Marceline's posture changed dramatically when Teresia entered. Finally all of the nerves that she was feeling came out and she drew inwards, trying to take up as little space as she could. Her eyes stayed fixed on her lap and didn't even look up when Ferrah was talking to her. She knew that she was in danger and she wished that she had not come.

She also felt like all this talk of her fashion was intentionally worse than it would have been. She knew why, but it still hurt more than she felt like it should have. She liked her dress. She thought that she had a wonderful fashion sense, and just because the cuts that were fashionable at the moment didn't flatter her as well as they could, it didn't mean that she always looked like a wreck. Not like Teresia did now. At least Marceline had tried to look okay.

Without looking up from her lap she listened to Ferrah and then spoke hesitantly. "But she still got us out of the ball safely. I mean, I know that Lord Caden is not someone that any of us should be interested in nor was her behavior okay in that regard, but none of us were hurt. It was a desperate situation. Should we not take that into account?"

#26 Teresia Martel

• Clique Gossip

Steward in Training
  • Age20

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

"Teresia, how good of you to join us!" The almost cool smile of Ferrah's didn't phase Teresia in the slightest. She'd already focused on the tea set and made her way towards it as though the tension in the room was as loose as her modesty. At the last minute, however, she hesitated. None of the others had poured themselves a cup yet which meant serious business. She bit her lip playfully, comically cocked her head to study the other two in turn, then redirected her attention on Ferrah, who was busy spurning Marceline even though she was still addressing Teresia.

"Little unknown secret, Ferrah, dear, I have a tailor, and he does a wonder on my hips." Teresia complemented her statement by holding the tip of her forefinger in her teeth and winking, the implication that he did more for her hips than simply taking measurements. Hopefully that took the heat off Marceline a little. Playing dumb sometimes gave you opportunities to "unintentionally" shift the focus off others. After all, Ferrah was just a warm up for Colette - Marceline needed all the breathing room she could grasp right now, and Teresia liked to think she was a balance for Ferrah's sternness while still showing loyalty to Colette.

Ferrah was straight, commanding, and every bit regal. Teresia was the complete opposite; she kept the crassness down in public, but amongst the girls it sometimes alleviated tense situations like these, if only for a moment that everyone needed to cool their heads. Sometimes Ferrah could be a bit too brash in a way that had Teresia raising her eyebrow on several occassions. Chips in Ferrah's composure appeared from time to time. Maybe only a skilled Tineye would notice them but they were there, and Ferrah just as quickly covered them back up.

Teresia admired her for that. She couldn't even contemplate facing herself. Breaking her out of momentary pensiveness was Marceline: "But she still got us out of the ball safely. I mean, I know that Lord Caden is not someone that any of us should be interested in nor was her behavior okay in that regard, but none of us were hurt. It was a desperate situation. Should we not take that into account?"

Oh you poor dear. Teresia's eyes shot towards Ferrah and her breath caught. So much for that breather.

Edited by Lyrebon, 28 January 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#27 Ferrah Brehaut

• Clique Lieutenant

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• OriginAustrex

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

POPULAR

Was Teresia defending Marceline out kindness, or out of rebellion? She had been missing for much of Marceline's defiance, so perhaps she felt Ferrah was being too harsh. Ferrah decided to delay judgement for the moment,but to keep an eye on her friend for further signs of defiance, slight though they might be.

At least she kept silent when Marceline began digging herself into deeper trouble all over again. "Yes of course Marceline dear," she said with a saccharine smile. "You are positively correct. Of course we must take that into account." Ferrah folded her hands demurely in front of her, and leaned forward slightly. "After all Eliza did so much to get us out didn't she? I myself felt entirely safe the moment she began hanging off of Caden's bare chest like some harlot off the street. You know, the way she clung to him seemed to beat back the flames and make the smoke seem less choking. Why, I was so delighted to see her completely humiliate herself with that bastard that I think I basically floated right out of that burning keep, safe as a bird in a cage, and all because Lady Eliza has a crush on our dear friend's prime competitor for the house title."

Ferrah let her tone shift slightly, dropping some of the false cheer bit by bit. "The same person who circulates awful lies about Colette. About all of us. Perhaps that trollop Eliza is with him right now, lying naked in some bed in whatever hovel he thinks he can hide in. If not right now, then perhaps tonight, or the next night, or perhaps the night after that. And, you know what Marceline, dearest, I think I can almost hear what she might be saying to him. She's close with Nadia Sureau, you know, and I doubt those two bond over their mutually sweet dispositions. No, I'll bet sweet Eliza's wicked tongue spouts all kinds of viscous lies about us the next time she finds a moment in between nibbling at the bastard's neck. Just think of all the awful things she could say. And think of how Caden Hasting, our handsome hero, who saved us from the Casuana ball, will smile as he sells Eliza's wicked lies to his informants, all so who can get his grimy hands on Colette's birthright."

Ferrah straightened, and let her smile drop completely. "Grow up Marceline. We don't have time for your childishness. Colette is fighting a war here, and handsome or not Caden is our enemy, and don't you think for a second that he won't drag all of us down into the gutter in order to get what he wants. Eliza is jeopardizing everything we have worked so hard for. And now, we need to correct this situation before she can do any more damage. So why don't you grow a spine and do something useful for once, hm?" Ferrah held Marceline's gaze for a moment, before letting out a sharp peal of laughter.

"Oh, Marceline darling. You must forgive me for having a little fun with you. I do think I got quite carried away. You know what, I can see you're quite stressed, no doubt from all the trauma at the ball last night. Poor thing. If you aren't feeling well, why don't you take some time off for yourself to recover? In fact, take all the time you need. We'll try not to miss you too much. And don't worry about space, we'll be certain to give you all the space you deserve." Ferrah fixed Marceline with a concerned smile and reached out to pat her on the hand, trusting Marceline to get the message.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Marceline Dumont

• Member of The Posse

Posse Member
  • Age18

• OriginAustrex

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

Marceline knew the moment that she finished speaking that it had been wrong. She wasn't supposed to be defending Eliza. That was an idiotic move. She should have just kept her mouth shut. However, she was only expecting to be told off. She was not expecting Ferrah to react like that.

Marceline sat motionless, staring at her lap, as she listened to Ferrah speak. She wanted to leave. To just get up and run away from them. She wished that she had the courage to do so, but she didn't. She wanted them to like her and all she seemed to be able to do was make them unhappy and angry with her. When Ferrah's tone changed completely, Marceline started shaking. She wanted to cry. She didn't believe what Ferrah was saying about Eliza, but it was what Ferrah said about her that she wanted to stop. She didn't believe any of it about Eliza, but her? She knew all too well that she was a failure. She always had been. She had never been useful. She had never made anyone happy. She had failed.

Finally Ferrah stopped speaking and there was silence. Once more, Marceline considered leaving, but she couldn't. She flinched when Ferrah touched her. "I just...I was only...I did not think..." She stumbled through her feeble attempts to speak, but her voice shook too much and she couldn't find anything to say that would make her or anyone else feel better. A tear ran down her cheek but she brushed it away quickly. She didn't want to cry here. She didn't want to make more of a fool of herself than she already had. "I apologize...I...I will stay, I think... I'm sorry..."

#29 Teresia Martel

• Clique Gossip

Steward in Training
  • Age20

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Teresia listened while pretending not to listen, though it was difficult in a room of four all crowded together around an untouched tea set. She wondered for a moment if Ferrah had thought to add honey to the tea. Word by word, Ferrah's voice cooled, the anger like a distant rumble of thunder - barely audible but certainly heard by anyone with ears. Having been otherwise occupied at the ball, Teresia only understood the part about a naked Caden and Eliza melting into his arms, though the scene Teresia played in her head, to distract herself from Ferrah's verbal beating, went more like Eliza being bridal carried out by that hunk. There was an involuntary giggle as the girl in Caden's arms was suddenly replaced by a fiery-haired Teresia Martel, gazing up at those masculine chest muscles and strong chin.

She hoped that little outburst had been inaudible enough, though Ferrah hadn't faltered so Teresia assumed she'd cut her reverie off appropriately short, before she got too absorbed in her fantasy. Ferrah was winding down her monologue, sounding more and more like Colette the longer she spoke. Teresia knew Ferrah was Colette's right arm, so to speak, but even without Colette's presence Ferrah made sure to act as though she would around the former. Then again, Ferrah did have the duty of maintaining her stalwart loyalty to Colette lest someone - like Marcy or Celestine - use any moment of doubt in Ferrah's fidelity to usurp her. Colette wasn't a fool but anything less than ironclad allegiance was scrutinized under a mountain of weight, and Ferrah held the precarious position of speaking for Colette in her absence.

As Marceline was fumbling out an apology, Teresia was trying to locate a hairpin that wouldn't unravel too much of her hair once removed. Finding such a one she pulled it from her bun just as the silence enveloped the entire room and cast the hairpin to the floor. It made a soft ping, just audible enough to present a grin on Teresia's face as her satisfaction with her brief experiment proved positive results. You really could hear a pin drop in the dead of silence when things became awkward.

#30 Ferrah Brehaut

• Clique Lieutenant

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• OriginAustrex

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

"Lovely. I'm so glad. You know we all love you Marcy darling, and would hate for you to leave." Ferrah smilled warmly, gave Marceline's hand and affectionate pat, and then leaned back in her seat. Ignoring whatever Teresia's was fiddling with, she plowed on, eager to get things in order before Colette arrived and the tea officially began.

"Now that we are all on the same page, a few instructions. When Eliza gets here, just remember to follow Colette's lead, or mine. We know the girl is new to Luthadel, so we don't want to drive her away. Having another member of a great house, even a lowly ranked one like Fathvell, will increase the status of our group, and could give Colette an edge." Ferrah left the other plan, involving using Eliza to get to Caden, silent. It was better for the girls to think this was a standard discipline session. The less people who knew of Colette's true intentions the better.

"You all know the drill. Act like everything is normal, but when an opportunity arises to take a jab, take it. It is important that we make it clear we are all on the same page about this. If she suspects any of us are sympathetic, she may continue to act out, in which case more extreme measures may be necessary." Ferrah looked pointedly at Marceline during the last bit, making certain she got the point.

"Now for specific instructions. Teresia, focus on making Eliza uncomfortable, but play nice. She has a temper, so if we push to hard she'll just push back and walk out. Make things awkward for her, keep her off balance, and keep track of any information she gives away. We'll need that for later. Celestine, you play good obligator. When things get too uncomfortable or awkward, pretend to change the subject, and set us up for another round. We'll make her think you might be her ally in the group, and then we can use that against her. Join in on the fun with the rest of us, but try not to enjoy it too much. Just remember not to contradict anything Colette says."

When Ferrah turned to Marceline, she did her best to gentle her tone. Marceline had paid the price for her behaviour, now it was time to give her a second chance. "Marcy, after last night, Eliza might expect you to be sympathetic. You must disappoint her. Play it cool, freeze her out, act indifferent to her presence. We need to make her desperate to please us in order to maintain her position, and if she thinks she has you at her back, it won't work."

Ferrah took a moment to check the clock on the wall. "Excellent, Colette should be arriving soon. Are there any questions?"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Teresia Martel

• Clique Gossip

Steward in Training
  • Age20

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

"Can we pour some tea yet?" Teresia beseeched when the opportunity for questions came. Ferrah would have expected a more serious question though... actually, nevermind, Teresia recanted in her mind. She probably expects that of me. Teresia Martel: buffoon artiste.

To accompany her question, Teresia made an odd gesture of clasping her hands together at her waist and bending her knees slightly. The action almost looked as though she was attempting to hold the contents of her bladder in, rather than striking an inquisitive pose. Teresia was a very animated person that she made no apologies for. Simple questions like these were often accompanied by some unnecessary gesticulation, like a child who couldn't stop fidgeting she had to be doing something or keeping her hands busy. Like, say, with a tea cup.

"What use is a tea set when not in use? Would that be rude?" Teresia was actually unsure if the etiquette about hostess serving applied to gatherings of friends, although she'd never had an opportunity to test it before as Colette would always be present before she'd arrived. "I'll sit." She smoothed into a chair opposite Marceline and next to Ferrah, whom she smiled at. With as much grace as she could maintain - which was little to begin with - she pulled the cushion from behind her and began inspecting it. "Well I'm not one to speak but my tailor would compliment this design. Oh! Actually, there is something I need to know, Ferrah; why was Caden topless?"

Edited by Lyrebon, 29 January 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#32 Colette Hasting

• Potential Hasting Heiress

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

Colette glanced at the clock on her mantel and decided that she'd kept her ladies waiting long enough.

She couldn't quite hear what was said from the inner sanctums of her chambers, but from the general tone, it sounded like it was quite exciting. She would have to ask Ferrah for the full details later. For now, she rose from her waiting place and entered her sitting room.

One look told her that everything, so far, was as it should be. Ferrah had the group firmly in hand, Marceline was suitably cowed for the time being, and Celestine and Teresia were being, well, Celestine and Teresia. Those two were nothing if not consistent.

"He was topless, my dear Teresia," Colette said as she swept into the room with her usual regal air, "because he was challenged to a duel by Alistair and Riordan Casuana, one after another, in the most ridiculous manner conceivable. Which you would know if you had been where you were supposed to be."

Posted Image

#33 Teresia Martel

• Clique Gossip

Steward in Training
  • Age20

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

As Colette entered Teresia was out of her chair first. Still clutching the cushion she curtsied to the hostess. "Intriguing", her voice ascended to a higher pitch like it usually did when she was excited. "It seems Caden attracts more than ladies when he removes items of clothing. Are either Alistair or Riordan into boys then?"

If Riordan provoked Caden into an actual duel then surely he had the wit to fence with his tongue too. Teresia would offer herself up to the challenge if it ever presented itself, or if Riordan ever made himself known to her. Like and like strike together - a proverb from an old text dating back to the Ascension that Teresia read as a child. Her absent-mindedness was a show for the other girls, for she did actually have something more serious to communicate.

"And, please, Madam Colette, I don't just bed men for their generosity. You often find a man loose from his sexual appetite and lacking in reservation to be lacking of wit also." She placed a crooked finger to her jaw and batted her eyelashes. It wasn't meant to be anything meaningful for the others, but the crooked-finger-to-jaw would signal to Colette that Teresia had some information she could only share in private. It also indicated that Ferrah should be made privy too. Ferrah might be perceptive enough to notice the signal, but the other two girls would probably think Teresia had a habit of placing her finger near her mouth whenever she was being lewd.

Edited by Lyrebon, 30 January 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#34 Marceline Dumont

• Member of The Posse

Posse Member
  • Age18

• OriginAustrex

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Marceline wilted when Colette arrived in the room. Hopefully she wouldn't feel the need to lecture Marceline as well. Perhaps Ferrah's lecture would be enough for them. Marceline was still incredibly uncomfortable with Ferrah's actions, and how she was now being almost kind. It made Marceline scared that it was just the calm before yet another storm. However, even though she was still terrified, the conversation was beginning to distract her from the ever-present mantra in her head of I'm a failure. I have failed everyone. I've failed myself.

All this talk of Caden's shirtlessness the previous night was seeming to bring her back to the room and out of her head. However little she understood Teresia's comments, she understood that they had to do with Caden being shirtless, in some way or another, and the memory of that made Marceline blush. She didn't realize it at first. She was too concerned with trying to figure out what Teresia was saying. She never understood Teresia, but the others always seemed to and so Marceline usually just pretended that she understood. Right now it gave her something else to focus on, which she welcomed.

Marceline knew that to bed a man before you were married was bad, even though she didn't know what actually went on when you did such a thing. It was bad and that was, currently, enough for her. However, this other term, 'sexual appetite', confused her even more than Teresia's comments usually did. What did it even mean? Did it have to do with the whole bed thing? Eventually she gave up attempting to figure it out and realized that she had blushed when she thought about Caden's shirtless chest and hadn't stopped. She quickly brought her face back under control and glanced up at Colette quickly before fixing her eyes back onto her lap. It wouldn't do to look like she had a crush on Caden.

#35 Celestine Beliveaux

• Member of Colette's Posee

5th Tier Elariel
  • Age19

• OriginAustrex

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

As Colette entered the room, Celestine snapped to attention. She had realized a while ago that she really didn't have to pay attention to much of what Teresia said, so she had been half-listening to the conversation, paying more attention to Ferrah and Marceline, while letting Teresia make her lewd comments and touch around her mouth as Celestine noticed often accompanied her innappropriate comments.

She had nodded with the appropriate level of enthusiasm when she got her instructions from Ferrah, and with Colette's arrival, she readied herself, thinking up topics in advance that should could shift to in order to play her part. Time to get down to business, I guess. I wish I could join in more directly, though. I never did like Eliza, but what Colette needs takes precedent. I'd be a nobody without her and these other girls.

Celestine had already guessed the plan, but her role as "good obligator" meant she wouldn't get to enjoy herself as much as Ferrah and Teresia would. Oh, well, it's better than being Marceline by far. And even better than being in Eliza's situation.

She almost said something to question why Teresia would bed men lacking in wit, but thought better of it. She closed her mouth abruptly before it could open more than an inch, and kept herself quiet. Better to wait. Remember who's to be punished and questioned. Teresia has to have some use, since Colette would never let someone as air-headed and crass as Teresia seems stay with us unless she would help Colette out in some way. Celestine resolved to keep an eye on Teresia. Maybe I'll ask Ronyl for help.

Celestine adjusted her hair a bit, fine with not being the center of attention right then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users