The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Miyabi

3 replies to this topic

#1 Miyabi

• Allomantic Seer

Skaa

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:16 AM

"Miyabi"
Misting

Player Information
Handle : Miyabi
tab it YA!MSN - [email protected]
tab it YA!EMAIL - [email protected]
tab it YA!Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/xxmiyabixx

Character Information
Name: Miyabi
Type: Obligator
Occupation: High Governor of Tathingdwen. Deals primarily with trade moving in and out of the city. Also does some monitoring of the cities armies, but generally leaves that to others.
Marital Status: Single

Powers Seer
Type of Powers: Allomancy
Metals Used: Atium
Degree of Skill: Savant

Appearance
Hair: Slightly longer than chin length. Bright blond.
Eyes: Almost shaped crystal blue.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 140 lbs
Voice: Speaks fluttery with a slight lisp.
Overall Appearance: Miyabi walks with a straight back, his hips swaying as he walks. His features are soft and innocent, but his eyes seem to see something that you can't. He seems to react to things a fraction of a second too early to be natural. The majority of his body is covered in tight, brightly colored clothing. What skin does show is soft and pale. On his face he has the markings of a High Obligator in the Canton of Finance.

Other
Special Skills: Linguistic. He can easily decipher languages and codes.
Strengths: He stays calm and rational even in difficult situations. Figuring out the most logical path to take takes less than a second.
Weaknesses: When he's not completely focused on something he becomes a klutz. Often knocking over vases and pictures or running into people. The slightest distraction while trying to sneak into a building and he runs into a wall or knocks something over. He also attempts to be witty, but does a horrible job.

Personality
Miyabi is all about bettering himself. Not in a moral or religious way (yet anyway). Anything he can do to become better at using his abilities he will do, no questions asked. He has been found helping the rebellion for a small pouch of Atium beads - he also been found helping raid a rebel base to gain a few extra beads from an inquisitor. His loyalties lie solely within himself.

History
tab it YA!As a child Miyabi ran the streets often. He had a home, a mansion, he simply prefered to run with other children. Often times he would come home late at night and leave early, before his parents were awake.

tab it YA!At the age of 9 he began to run with some of the older kids in their gangs. Late one night a fight broke out as they were trying to sneak into a local Canton. Soon after a young Obligator came to find what the commotion was. The other boys ran, leaving Miyabi, who couldn't run due an injury he had taken to his knee.

tab it YA!The Obligator took him by the scruff of the neck and led him into the building, explaining how he would be imprisoned and tortured for disrupting the 'peace'. Soon after entering the building the Obligator, Jafa, realized that Miyabi was the son of a man the Lord Ruler wanted dead for crimes against the crown.

tab it YA!The Obligator offered him a deal. If he could eliminate his father, then he would take him into the Canton and he would be chosen by the Lord Ruler for something better than the street life. Miyabi weighed his choices thinking, What is there to weigh? I have worse than death or blessed by the Lord Ruler.

tab it YA!The next morning, Miyabi left home an orphan. He soon found himself left to study under the watchful eyes of the Obligators. Thinking he should make the best of what he had he filled his days with studying the theory and philosophies of the Cantons and soon found himself utterly absorbed in the financial scripts he read.

tab it YA!A year later some Inquistors came and made everyone drink vials of crushed metals. Most of it was powder, but there was also a small bead of another metal Miyabi didn't recognize. After they had swallowed they were told to look down into themselves and see if they found anything. The world burst into shadows. Every person seemed to move slightly slower to him. No, they didn't move slower, he just saw where they were going to be before they were there.

tab it YA!An Inquisitor ran to him and reached out to grab him. Miyabi dodged the hand easily, but then the Inquistor broke into a dozen different shadows and he grabbed Miyabi around the neck. A few second later he blacked out and woke up some time later in a dark room.

tab it YA!Later in the day an Obligator came down to his room and lit a lamp and explained to him that he was here because he was one of few Mistings who were able to burn Atium. He was told that he would spend the next year continuing his Obligatory education here in Luthadel as well as learning to hone is Atium burning abilities. When they felt he was ready he would be raturned to Tathingdwen.

tab it YA!After nearly ten years of almost solitary study, Miyabi returned to his home city, this time a high ranking Obligator. He started low in the government of the town, keeping tabs on one of its districts, but soon began to move higher in position. This however, was not his only life. Aside from the money he earned as an Obligator, he also began to help thieving crews in exchange for a cut of the profit. All of this money was spent buying Atium.

tab it YA!Miyabi burned Atium as quickly as he could while slowly enough that he would still be burning it when he was able to purchase some more. At times he would be burning it so slowly all he could see was a very faint shadowy line slightly in front of other people.

tab it YA!Over the next five years he grew in his ability to burn Atium. Now, burning at a slow rate he could see shadows moving feet in front of those around him, however, when he flared it things were so far ahead it did him almost no good, as he could make little sense of people being minutes ahead of where they currently were. He had however began to learn to fight in this state, but it caused him to have to remember where they would be moving over a long span of time as well as react to changes, which would leave sudden holes in his precognitive vision.

tab it YA!Six months later the old governor passes away and Miyabi was set to take his place. From his lofty position he has begun to take unnoticeable, or hidden amounts of money from the Canton and the Lord Ruler. He uses it to buy Atium.

tab it YA!Currently he is looking into a scheme set up by a small Skaa group to send imposters to the Pits of Hathsin to recover Atium, that they could sell to make money. He would hide them, and they would sell him Atium at a slightly reduced cost. Both sides gained, neither lost.

Roleplay Sample
tab it YA!Miyabi stands and walks across the room, stopping near the door. He turns to speak to the other man in the room, "You know that's not what we agreed on. The deal was fifty beads. All you have here is thirty." He began to walk back towards the man, "Trust me you'll..." Miyabi tripped over a chair, dropping the small bag that had been in his hand, Atium beads spilling all over the floor. He stood, dusting himself off. "I didn't want that pile of crap anyway. You will have the FIFTY beads to me by Thursday, or you'll be wishing you had, because you'll wish you had given me the beads and not not gave them . .. . to . . . you know what I mean."
%mh%-5%mh%

#2 Guest_Staff_*

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

Overall a great app. I really liked reading the History section! There are only two things that I think caught my eye.

"Eyes: Almost shaped crystal blue."
Almost should be Almond?

And I think the sample RP should be a little longer. But you dont need to change it. Just make sure your actual posts are a bit longer.

And could Miyabi be in Luthadel on business for a while? I am iffy on making so many boards so soon. Don't wanna overwhelm members who are not up to speed. Oh and I took your number off. That is not required, and you probably dont want it out in the open like that! ;) Prank calls are no fun!

Other than that. GREAT!

ACCEPTED

#3 Miyabi

• Allomantic Seer

Skaa

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, I posted it just for the heck of it.

Yes, Luthadel is great. Also the RP sample is short because I had nothing to go off of. Normally they are much longer. -I should totally find that old Final Fantasy site I used to RP on. Some of those posts were RIDICULOUSLY long. Like I had posts that were 2-3 pages long. xD

%mh%-5%mh%

#4 Guest_Staff_*

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

WOW! Awesome! Ill move this to the accepted characters board!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users