The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Introducing myself!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon Novus

Skaa

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hello everyone! I am Brandon Novus! Brandon my real first name but Novus, unfortunately, is not my last name. Mistborn is my favorite series so I thought I would give the RP a go.

I have read: Steelheart, The Rhithmatist, Mistborn: The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, The Hero of Ages, The Alloy of Law, Warbreaker, and I am over halfway through Elantris. I also own a signed copy of Firstborn/Defending Elysium and I am on book two of The Wheel of Time.

I have only read the Mistborn series through once but I am sure I will read it many times again before the end of my days. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I will be around and hopefully RPing with all of you soon!

#2 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

EDIT: Woops, didn't check the rest of the forum.... I guess you know half of that already.

----------------

Welcome! (I'm doing a really bad job of not checking in... I said a few days ago I'd be too busy to do this... I guess I'm still working on that...)

Anyhoo, feel free to look around and start thinking about a character. The side bar has links to most of the relevant info for that. When you're ready, post a draft character application (again, link to that on the sidebar) in the Workshop subforum. It's been a bit slow here lately, but it should pick up again shortly. There's enough people still around that we can offer advice/feedback on anything you write. Might not be able to get anything accepted quite so soon - the admins are largely busy atm it seems. But as I said, should be picking shortly.

I've only read the Mistborn series once. I highly recommend reading Emperors Soul once you're done with Elantris (not strictly necessary to have read Elantris first, though they're set on the same world). Emperor's Soul would probably be my favourite of Branderson's books.

Good luck with the WoT cycle. I thought it was an interesting world, but on the whole, a bit too long winded. First book was fine (after you got 1/3 of the way through it. The first half dozen chapters were soooooooo boring), as were the first half dozen books imo. Thought it got a bit slow in the middle somewhere (I usually skim read, so skipping words, sometimes sentences, but one of the books, 'bout number 8 i think, I literally skipped chapters at a time, and didn't feel like I missed much importance. I basically read the first few chapters, then the last few). Last half dozen books were good though, and loads happens in the last half dozen (that includes the 3 written by Branderson).

Bit of a ramble, I know, but yeah, if you find the middle of the series ends up dragging, rest assured that if you push through it, the end is worth it.

Anyway, I look forward to RPing with you in the future!

Edited by Haelbarde, 23 August 2014 - 05:55 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#3 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

Sorry for the belated hello, but I guess you already know me! ;)

I must say, if I were you, I would put down the Wheel of Time immediately, and replace it by the Stormlight Archive. Why is that? two reasons:

A. When I got to book seven of WoT, I suddenly noticed that nothing was remarkable enough for me to remember, except for the first half of the first book, which was just a nice beginning. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading it, but it was immensely unmemorable and over-complicated, which I do not like.
B. The Stormlight Archive is a full-out Sanderson, and it is glorious.

I have read all of these in audiobook form, because of various constraints, but I own a Final Empire signed "I am hope", which is so exciting!

I would recommend you to get the Emperor's Soul, which I have just finished and is really a cute short story, as well as reading Old Man's War, even though it is by Brandon's nemesis.

I should probably stop talking, but feel free to seek me out for any reason whatsoever.
Is an insane A.I.

#4 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Hello Brandon and welcome you MBI! I already posted on your workshop thread but I also thought I'd come here to say hello. Sorry to take so long to reply on your workshop thread and here as well. I have been, unfortunately, dealing with severe writer's block, but actually writing in the workshop thread definitely helped get rid of most of it so thanks for that, seriously!

Anyways I'll be more than happy to help you in any way you need, if you need to contact me outside of MBI various instant messenger handles are written in my profile so just click on one of those and add me! C:

The ever helpful Hael has already told you about the side bar and everything so I don't need to but again, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'd be happy to help!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hello and welcome here!

As one of the aforementioned "largely busy" admins, I'll be the first to apologize for not being around much. Thankfully, I am finally done with Summer Camp, attending weddings, and all of the other things that kept me from being here. I am also almost finished moving into my new place, the only catch being I must wait to get internet until Monday. Until then, I'll be stealing time in between classes and reading while at school, but I should be around more regardless. I won't promise to get around to looking at your character while it is still in the workshop (when you have to read almost every character on the boards, reading each several times in the workshop, and then at least once more in the official application can be draining), but I will be happy to answer any questions or respond to any concerns you might have.

All the best!

Matt

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users