The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Stars and High Society: The Perrault Ball

Open Noble

338 replies to this topic

#301 Alistair Casuana

• Captain in Austrex's 3rd Infantry Batallion

Prelan
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginAustrex

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:04 AM

Alistair took her hand. His eyes no longer met hers, and his smile had faded in the face of the terror that had flashed across her features. Still, with a final polite nod to Cedric he led her away, walking slowly and saying nothing for the first half dozen steps, trying to put his words in order.

It was difficult, though, with how nostalgic it felt to walk arm and arm with Arisella. Even if she was not as close to him as she might have been before, her grip was the same. She was taller now, but that only meant his head did not have to bend almost awkwardly to look at her.

Not that he did, at least not after the first glance. He could choose to either speak or look, not both, and he wished to keep the awkward silence at bay.

"My lady," he said, eyes scanning the ballroom idly in a vain attempt to seem nonchalant, "How long have you been in Luthadel? I missed your departure from Austrex, but it was some time ago. Does the capital agree with you?"

Even to his own ears the questions sounded wrong. Too formal, too stiff. But what could he do? Social niceties were easy for him to hide behind, giving enough comfort with their familiarity that he could speak without tripping and stumbling over his words.

#302 Arisella Blanchart

• Social Butterfly

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusCourting Cedric Hallieau

• OriginAustrex

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

They walked in awkward silence. Alistair seemed to have lost interest in looking at Ari, and she was too nervous to look at him, so she relied mostly on touch to keep pace with him as he led them across the ballroom. They seemed to be going in no particular direction. Why then had Alistair approached, if he didn't have anything in mind? It wasn't like him. Or at least, she reminded herself, not like the Alistair she had known before. Alistair the Playboy. Alistair the Gentleman was practically a stranger to her, and that was the problem, wasn't it?

When he finally spoke, he sounded even more stiff than she had remembered him becoming after he joined the army. Could it be that he was nervous? Still, it rather stung that he didn't even know how long she'd been away from Austrex. How long had it taken him to realize she'd left? Sure, he'd been in the army, but she knew his battalion returned to Austrex periodically, so he must have come home at some point before being discharged. So much for the last shred of hope that he'd missed her at all.

"Two years," she said softly, trying to keep her voice from shaking. It would be a miracle if he could hear her over the noise and the music, but she didn't dare speak up any more for fear of letting the floodgates open.

"It's louder and dirtier than I expected, but the balls are usually nice, and I have a couple friends." Male friends, but that wasn't relevant right now. "I suppose it doesn't really matter if it agrees with me or not, though. My father is here, so I must be too. You remember how he is. Well, maybe you do. You're right; it's been a while."

Posted Image

#303 Alistair Casuana

• Captain in Austrex's 3rd Infantry Batallion

Prelan
  • Age22

• OriginAustrex

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

She did not have a smile in her voice.

Its absence dragged at him more and more with every word she spoke. Arisella had always been a happy sort. Bubbly and sweet. Her voice was the same. He'd rarely heard it be anything resembling subdued, but right now that was the only word he could think of to describe it. Her words themselves dug in, each syllable cutting deep without meaning to as Camille's words came back to him once more.

"Of course it matters. Nothing is more important than your happiness, Arisella." He said the words without really meaning to, his thoughts leaving his lips almost by reflex. He only realized what he'd said them after it was too late to stop himself.

#304 Arisella Blanchart

• Social Butterfly

Atium Chandelier
  • Age19

• Relationship StatusCourting Cedric Hallieau

• OriginAustrex

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:12 AM

"Nothing is more important than your happiness, Arisella."

The world lurched to a halt, knocking the breath from Ari's lungs as if she'd run into a stone wall. Alistair wasn't looking at her when he said it, but his voice sounded... normal. Not stiff or strange, and not overly emotional either. It was the voice she'd known so long ago, the one she'd been aching to hear again. But still he called her Arisella, not Ari. What did that mean, then? Was he still angry at her? He didn't sound angry. Had he given up?

Her grip tightened on his arm as she struggled to regain her breath. Then there was a sudden tug, and she found herself stumbling forward. It was only then that she realized she had stopped moving, but Alistair, who couldn't see that, hadn't. She caught herself quickly, leaving Alistair to give her a very confused look.

"How... how can you say that?" she asked. "After how horrible I was to you?"

Posted Image

#305 Jalen Domaille

• The Most Fashionable Runaway

Atium Chandelier
  • Age21

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

Aaron eventually left, leaving behind the topic of what Katryn was running from, which was a tremendous relief. His distractions kept getting run right over, which was quite vexing. Honestly, what sort of gentleman didn't let himself get properly distracted when the subject needed to be changed? To be fair, he was a nice fellow otherwise, and it was good that they were all making more friends. He just needed to stop talking about unfortunate things.

But it was over now, and the whole group was left to sort of reshuffle as the conversation dipped. This was normally the time when they would all fight over dancing with Luci, but Katryn was here too, and this was her first ball in Luthadel! And his own first proper one, he reminded himself; it was rather hard to dance in handcuffs. Well, that settled it then.

"Oh dearest Katryn," he said with his most endearing smile, "Won't you do me the honor of sharing a dance? It's been so long since we've seen each other, you know."

Posted Image

#306 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

[br]"So, I'm the 'Dearest of Cousins' am I? We shall have to be careful not to let my brother or Lady Sanna find out you've bestowed such an illustrious title upon me, or they might be overcome with jealousy."[/b]

So it had already begun. Daerra had quite a way with words, and used them the way he did his dueling cane. He did not think he'd had a single conversation with her that didn't involve some sort of verbal or mental sparring, and for that matter, he didn't know anyone who had. Except maybe Aaron. Maybe. Even that guess was iffy. But at the same time, that was part of what made messing with her so fun. She kept him on his toes, which he needed every now and then.

So of course he just grinned at her opening moves as he pulled her into hold. "Come now, you know all of my cousins are my dearest of cousins. I have so many, and you are all so delightful, that I couldn't possibly choose a favorite."

Posted Image

#307 Katryn Domaille

Posse Member
  • Age22

• Relationship StatusWidowed

• OriginUrteau

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

Katryn laughed and held out her hand to Jalen. "I would not say that it has been a long time since we have seen each other, but it certainly has been a long time since we danced. As much as it pains me to have to dance with my cousin, I will have to agree, because it is apparent that the other men here have previous engagements." She was teasing him, of course. She had no qualms dancing with family members, especially her more attractive in-laws. Besides, no one in Luthadel had to know that they were related yet, so it would not hurt her when it came to getting other men to dance with her. In fact, it might even make her look more desirable since it would be clear that men did want to dance with her.

"Have you tired of dancing with Lucille? I cannot imagine why else you would dance with little old me, unless women here have not caught on yet how much you appreciate their attention."

#308 Adala Venture

• Hopeless Romantic

Prelan
  • Age23

• OriginUrteau

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:47 AM

Adala let herself be led to the dance floor with broadening smile on her face. Her attempt at a lady's demure expression cracked and disappeared. It was just very difficult to pretend she wasn't overjoyed to be dancing with Aaron. The man radiated an aura of frivolity, and his every phrase seemed to be a challenge to one up his wordplay. Put simply, it was delightful, and exactly her kind of delightful.

So as soon as he finished speaking she let her mouth run away from her, not even bothering to be worried about what she was saying, "I would call you many things, but I don't think wretched would be one of them. Charming and handsome perhaps, but not wretched. Still, if you do what you propose I think you would turn from charitable to pitiable, and we wouldn't want that."

"Perhaps instead you could go for a less expensive approach. I've heard from good sources that brooding looks and wistful sighs are the best way to catch a lady's interest. You must just make sure to do so near enough for them to notice." Which was to say that such things were the bread and butter of any romantic hero. In practice Adala was not sure they worked quite so well, but if anyone would be able to pull off such theatrics, it would be Aaron.

#309 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:36 AM

Aaron chuckled as he swung Adala into a wide turn before guiding her back in front of him and re-assuming a closed dance frame. "Your concern for finances is troublesome, Lady Adala. If you want to fit in here in Luthadel, you will have to learn that the spendthrifts are the ones who our society rewards. What good is an approach if there is a more expensive one out there, just waiting to be pursued and guzzle up chests full of boxings? You will find we are all quite spoiled here in Luthadel. Spoiled rotten, you see?"

Aaron sighed, revelling in the melodrama, and gazed vapidly over Adala's shoulder. Despite his vacant expression, Aaron's dance movements remained sharp as he guided Adala around the floor. "Indeed, I sometimes long for a time before I was so horribly spoiled. It happened early, I think. We Elariels are horribly wealthy, and I was provided with the most expensive of opportunities from the very beginning. And now, look at me! Spoiled like sour milk, I am." Aaron huffed, directing his breath upward in a manner that would have tousled his curls, if they were still attached to his head. "You see, being a pitiful wretch in need of charity would be a far more enjoyable state to the rotten spoiled Lord you see before you." Aaron shook his head, indulging in one more moment of theatrics before breaking into a wide grin.

"So, what do you think? Was I broody enough to earn another dance? I don't see any young ladies running across the ballroom to interrupt us, but then again, you were in the closest vicinity, and are thus in the best position to judge."

#310 Daerra Elariel

• Heir's Sister

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:18 AM

Though she wanted to roll her eyes in response to Aldwin's hasty retreat, instead she brightened her smile and added some hints of laughter to her eyes by focusing on an image from her and Aaron's childhood, when he had...

Daerra barely resisted the urge to frown as her mental exercise failed to produce the desired effect. She had specifically cultivated that memory to produce feigned mirth, but instead she just felt dull. It's Aaron, she realized. As one of the few people Daerra cared for, Aaron figured prominently in the web of memories Daerra used to conjure false emotions. Since their fight, however, thoughts of Aaron only reminded her that they were not on good terms.

Daerra suspected that Aldwin was more observant than he pretended to be, and so she did her best to keep her smile genuine, even if her facade was not as complete as she would like. "I must thank-you, cousin, for your empty flattery then. My arms do get tired with all this dancing, and I wouldn't want to over exert them by holding on to substantive compliments." Daerra laughed, getting back into character and regaining her stride. "I do worry about your indecision though. Before you inherit your House Title, you really should work on becoming more decisive. You could start by actually choosing a favourite cousin. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind." Aldwin's place in his house's line of succession was his most important attribute, in Daerra's estimation, and if she was lucky she could gain some hints about the state of Tekiel's current succession plan before the dance was done.

#311 Jalen Domaille

Atium Chandelier
  • Age21

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

Jalen just smirked, extending his hand to Katryn. "What, suddenly I'm not allowed to be a gentleman and properly welcome my cousin to the capital?" Never mind, of course, that he'd just arrived here himself.

"Since you're asking though, there'll be plenty of time to dance with Luci; she always saves me one. She won't begrudge me a dance or two with someone else." There were also plenty of other people who wanted to dance with Luci, so he knew she wouldn't be neglected. But Katryn wasn't a placeholder, and he didn't want her to feel like one, so he just didn't mention that part. "And anyways, right now I'm asking you, not her."

Posted Image

#312 Cedric Hallieau

• Not As Sexist as Tristand

Posse Member

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

What a wonderful start to what looked like was going to be just an amazing night. They'd barely finished dinner and his date had already been stolen. Not that he liked her that much anyways, but he thought that their families had made it clear that they needed to at least appear interested in each other, and the fact that she had just disappeared with another man said nothing good about him or his house. Not that Cedric was important enough to spark any gossip, but Alistair Casuana was.

Cedric knew that he hadn't been all that interesting lately, but he was tired of being less important. Less important, less interesting, whatever it was, he was tired of it. He was the second son of a house that was not unimportant, he was at least a little attractive, and he didn't think that he was terrible to have to talk to. What did it matter that he wasn't athletic, except that all women apparently liked men like Alistair Casuana more than they liked artists. Alistair Casuana and Cedric's own damn brother.

Cedric finished off his wine and after a moment took Arisella's wine. He pondered for another moment while he finished off his date's wine. It was terrible, sweet white wine. He knew that was what had been served with dinner, but he couldn't stand white wine. Once both wine glasses had been emptied, Cedric decided that he definitely needed another glass of wine. Or maybe a bottle.

It was a never-ending frustration to him that his brother could so obviously be uninterested in his own date and yet she still liked him. Cedric would never understand why women were attracted to his brother when the only talents that he had were dueling and chatting up every woman within a ten foot radius of himself. All women cared about were muscles, or something like that. Cedric had devoted his life to the piano, a real talent and vocation, and women had no interest. All they could think about were idiots who would just end up ignoring them in the end.

Arisella had been gone for much longer than Cedric thought was appropriate at all, and with every passing minute(and every drink), he got more angry about it. He figured that he'd get another lecture about his attitude soon, but he didn't necessarily care about it. Maybe he'd just stop going to balls altogether. It never ended well for him.

#313 Kennith Fathvell

• Beard

Posse Member
  • Age23

• OriginTavira

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

Without any cousins around to help him figure out what houses everyone was from, Kennith figured that he was just stuck making tremendous political errors for the rest of the night. Not that it would surprise anyone, but without any help figuring out who everyone was, it would be a lot harder for him to make them calculated political errors at all. He was here to make a first impression, and he was aware that he needed to at least seem semi-competent so that he wouldn't harm whatever marriage prospects his family thought that he had. As much as he wished that he could do just that.

He was saved from trying to make an uneducated and terrible guess as to who to dance with next by a group of young women near him, similar to the one that had accompanied Ferrah. A few of them seemed to have noticed him, so he figured that they were probably not terrible people to dance with, politically, and shot them a charming smile. It was greeted with quite a bit of blushing and a few giggles and Kennith figured that was enough invitation for him.

The leader of this small band of women was not difficult to pick out. She was probably from a powerful house, as there was nothing about her presentation that looked less than perfect. It did not make her look unapproachable, though. In fact, she seemed to be waiting for someone to dance with. There was just something about her that looked...inviting. Well, if she was waiting to be danced with, that definitely gave Kennith an in. So he took it. He walked over to the group as suavely as he could, sporting his classic charming smile.

"I could not help but notice that you appear to be wishing for a dance. It makes me wonder what must be wrong with these Luthadel gentlemen that they would ignore such a lovely group of young ladies such as yourselves." He said, with a wink at one of the younger members of the group before he focused all his attention on the leader, holding out his hand to her. "I am afraid that the journey from the Islands has made me lose all my manners. Or perhaps it was just my cousins failing to teach me the ropes of Luthadel society. My name is Kennith Fathvell, and I am at your service, my lady."

#314 Celia Elariel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

The ballroom spun and glittered, and still Celia Elariel sat at her table. Sanna had run off to spend time with other friends, for which she could hardly be blamed, leaving Celia with her little group of hangers-on. She'd had a couple dances tonight at least, but this ball was seeming more and more like a bust. Everyone was busy gawking at the Fathvells, or at Caden Hasting, who seemed to have taken leave of his predictability for the evening. How long would it be, she wondered, before half of Luthadel would be dressed like they'd just set foot in Luthadel after a holiday in Tavira?

"Ooh, he's looking this way!"

"Well, don't just stare; smile!"

"Ah! He winked at me!"

Celia turned to the two women, Selinde and Elette, who had huddled together, giggling and blushing furiously. At least someone was having fun tonight. "Did you see someone who caught your eye, ladies?" she asked with a friendly, composed smile. Selinde nodded, still blushing, while Elette tried to hide in her wine glass until she calmed down a little, which was typical for her. The other girls were trying to glance over their shoulders to see what the fuss was about, but they didn't have to look far, as it wasn't long before a tall, handsome stranger appeared by their table.

It was one of the aforementioned Islanders. No wonder those two were so taken with him. And now that he was here, it seemed to be spreading, at least judging from the sudden and drastic increase in flushed cheeks and fluttering fans at the table.

"I could not help but notice that you appear to be wishing for a dance," he said with a charming smile, as if there were any other reason for them to all be sitting here. "It makes me wonder what must be wrong with these Luthadel gentlemen that they would ignore such a lovely group of young ladies such as yourselves." He winked at Elette, who was trying to steal a glance from behind her glass. She squeaked in surprise, and hurriedly set her glass aside before she choked on her wine. Thankfully, the gentleman didn't seem to have noticed, as he had focused instead on Celia at that point.

"I am afraid that the journey from the Islands has made me lose all my manners. Or perhaps it was just my cousins failing to teach me the ropes of Luthadel society. My name is Kennith Fathvell, and I am at your service, my lady."

How much practice did it take, Celia wondered, to get one of those Islands coats to flare like that on command? And was that faux pas indeed a slip, or was it calculated? These Islanders were hard to pin down; they seemed to play by a different set of rules than the ones Celia had been taught. Not that that was an excuse, of course, and surely her Uncle would be having words with her if she'd thought to use it as such.

Still, it would be good to make a connection with the Fathvells, and this Lord Kennith seemed promising. And while she was never one to let herself get taken in by a pretty face, she did find herself hoping that his company would prove to be as pleasant as his smile.

"Celia Elariel," she said with a smile of her own, extending her hand in a smooth, graceful motion. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Kennith."

Posted Image

#315 Kennith Fathvell

• Beard

Posse Member
  • Age23

• OriginTavira

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

Kennith always appreciated the reactions he got from young women. Not just because it boosted his ego(which it did), but every young lady deserved to feel pretty, because nine times out of ten they needed their own ego boost. He made sure to make eye contact with the most flustered of the young ladies at the table, consequently making her choke on her wine, for which he did feel a little bad. As much as he did wish he could dance with her, he knew that he probably needed to focus his attention on the powerful noblewomen, at least for now, but he made a point to memorize the girl's face so that he could dance with her eventually.

"Celia Elariel," the leader of the group said, and Kennith was inwardly glad he had decided to not flirt overly much with the excited younger members of the group. Even the politically inept knew not to pass over an Elariel. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Kennith."

"The pleasure is all mine, I assure you. I don't suppose you would give me the pleasure of a dance, Lady Celia? I am sure that all of you have plenty of dances that you have promised away already, so I assure you that I will not take up too much of your time this evening," Kennith replied, his smile growing a little more playful, "unless you ask me to, of course."

#316 Celia Elariel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Celia couldn't help but smile at the playful grin Lord Kennith was sporting as he asked her to dance. These Southern Islanders certainly were a flashy and unorthodox group, but he managed to pull it off with a sort of carefree charm that was especially welcome after the week she'd been through so far. Of course, it would be good to begin making connections with the Fathvells, but it certainly helped that the first one to approach her tonight was promising to be such pleasant company.

"A dance sounds most lovely," she said with a smile, and she could practically hear Selinde swooning from across the table. "And as luck would have it, I always hold a few in reserve just for moments such as this."

Posted Image

#317 Kennith Fathvell

• Beard

Posse Member
  • Age23

• OriginTavira

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

"Moments like this?" Kennith asked as he lead Celia on to the dance floor, grinning at her jokingly, pretending to be slightly offended. He spun her when they made it to the dance floor, pulling her a little closer than was appropriate before striking a more appropriate dance posture. "I should hope that this 'moment' does not end so...generically. Not every 'moment' has my Islands' flair, after all." He waggled his eyebrows at her. The more he was in this ballroom, the more he grew comfortable being a little bit silly in an attempt to amuse his dance partners. Hopefully the Lady Ferrah did not feel slighted at his growing level of comfort with a woman who wasn't her. He would definitely have to dance with her again in order to let her see a little bit more of the fully-fledged Kennith charm.

Kennith knew that he was dancing a fine line right now when it came to propriety, but it was his favorite line to dance. He would rather have fun on the dance floor than be completely appropriate, after all. It was definitely a little more risky here as he had not yet observed the customs enough to know what was more or less inappropriate, but he hoped that if he crossed the line, he would be able to tell.

#318 Katryn Domaille

Posse Member
  • Age22

• OriginUrteau

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Katryn laughed, feeling some of her worry over making sure this night was perfect fade. "Welcome me? You just got lucky, making it here before I did. We must have left, what, a few days apart? And you did not even have the good sense to come say goodbye." She pouted a little bit at Jalen. "I was so lonely in that library. I kept wondering what it was that was keeping you from coming to say hi. Had you found another woman that was distracting you from me?" She joked, sighing exaggeratedly before her teasing grin returned.

"I think I brought more books than dresses with me because of you. I had too much alone time in that library. Besides, the books are more colorful than my dresses were. I think I look much better in bright colors than black. Perhaps if I had been wearing more color, you would not have forgotten about me so quickly." Katryn was aware that her thoughts were running a little wild, but she blamed it on the adrenaline from the ball. So much was threatening to bubble to the surface, and there were too many people from her past here which did not make it any easier.

#319 Jalen Domaille

Atium Chandelier
  • Age21

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

What?

First Katryn spent most of the conversation glossing over his attempts to lighten the conversation, and now this? What in the world was she doing? Giving him a hard time for leaving, sure, but why the flirting? Getting back into practice, maybe? He'd flirted with her a little before she married into the family, sure, but he'd backed off immediately once she was in a committed relationship. Sure she had flirted back, but that was a long time ago, and he'd dedicated his efforts since to being a good friend and cousin to her, with no romantic or flirtatious gestures on his part.

But she clearly wanted to get back into the game and leave her mourning behind, and he couldn't really blame her for that. And surely it would be frightening, getting back out there, especially in a new place - and especially when that new place was Luthadel. It certainly couldn't hurt to get a little practice in with someone she knew wouldn't respond poorly to her attempts.

Besides, she looked to be having fun with it. And if it made her smile and helped her move on, surely there was no harm in it, right? So he gave her his most charming smile and gently snatched her hand up for a quick kiss.

"Me? Forget about you? Impossible." He winked, released her hand, and shifted back in his chair. Out of the corner of his eye he caught Daeric shaking his head, Frederin rubbing his temples, and Winchester rolling his eyes, but he ignored them.

"I'm just happy you didn't forget about me. To think, that having arrived in the center of the world, you still have time for this silly runaway. I do agree, though, that colorful gowns suit your far better than black crepe." He extended his hand to her again, palm up. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to show it off a little?"

Posted Image

#320 Katryn Domaille

Posse Member
  • Age22

• OriginUrteau

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Katryn laughed when Jalen kissed her hand and glanced over at the rest of his group, noting their reactions. She had not expected him to respond so nicely as Katryn thought she was making a fool of herself. It had been too long since she'd flirted with anyone, and she had figured that Jalen was a safe person to get back into it with, but she had not anticipated how terrible she would be now. Hopefully he was just playing along and was not serious. Katryn could not imagine that he would still be interested in her after all this time, and even when they had spoken before her marriage, she had never thought it was all that serious. But they had been part of the same house for so long now and she hoped that, because of that, her bungled attempts to flirt would not be taken too seriously now.

The prospect of dancing was more appealing now that she was relaxing, though, and it would give her a chance to remember that as well. It had been so hard to find dance partners in the last year that she was scared she was out of practice at that as well, and considering how terribly flirting was going, she didn't want the first man she danced with here to be someone she wanted to impress. It would not do to step on the feet of someone important, or worse, attracted to her. It would ruin her attempts to find a date of any kind to future balls.

"I supposed it would be good for me to remember the steps, if you do not mind my being a little out of practice." Katryn replied with a teasing smile, "and I do believe that you are being judged by your friends. Perhaps they will judge less if we are hidden in the crowd."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users