The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Freshly born

introduction

7 replies to this topic

#1 amaranth

Skaa

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hi everyone

I fell to this site when I was looking for some info about the table top game. I have the book but I don't have enough friends to play it :(.

Anyway I thought I'd try this out. I'm not sure whether I'll be good enough, but I do have an idea of a character.
I was going to go for a skaa character (not yet in the rebellion), but am actually wondering whether how much involvement he can be in the story and the interaction with others if he's not in the rebellion or a team.

Perhaps I need to draft him up and put him in the workshop first and see whether he's a good idea after all?

Question about the character profile photos, how do you get the photos that I see the characters are using, are there some copyright restrictions?

Excited!

#2 amaranth

Skaa

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:35 AM

Ah right, I'm supposed to do an introduction but I was rambling about other stuff. I am a fan of Brandon Sanderson's work, I've read a lot of his books, but not WoT. I read the Mistborn trilogy some time ago, I think I might need to re-read the whole series to be actually good and accurate in this RP. I have an issue of remembering details in books I've read even if I love them.

I also really want to improve my writing skills, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys/girls.

#3 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hey there o/

Welcome to MBI!

I'll let you in on a secret. I started on the RP, and got a character done before I got around to reading books 2 and 3. You'll notice a bunch of links on the left. Between that, and then fact searching in the books, you should be able to work out details enough. If you read over an important detail, someone here will likely point it out - you need two admins to approve something, and they're good at making sure a character makes sense before accepting it. You mentioned the Mistborn Adventure Game (MAG, as it's called on the 17th Shard forums)? Do you have that, or did you just consider getting it? Though 17th sharders don't like it so much in their theory crafting (at least when I spent time there reading all the FTL discussions), I found it and the Terris expansion had some interesting world building details (well, I'm giving writing a Terrisman Steward (not a Keeper mind you) a shot, so the Wrought of Copper was nice to find out details about how Stewards are trained an stuff).

The WoT is quite something to get through. I read them all, mostly (by mostly, I mean that at least one of the books in the middle I skim read. Chapters. As in, I would read a paragraph every chapter or so. That book just dragged...). Brandon's books I've all enjoyed. Emperor's Soul would probably be my favourite? Alloy of Law (and I'll just chalk the subsequent trilogy that Brandon just finished the first 2 books of, here too) and the Stormlight Archive would be doing fisticuffs for second place. The Rithmatist would probably come in next.

In my time here (10 months maybe?), what I've learnt to most is character creation - as I've created subsequent characters, each time I've been able to do a better job of making them feel 'real'. My third character felt so much more fleshed out than my first two, and so I'm happy with that.

Anyway, catch you around. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Regards,
Haelbarde

Edit: That ended up being a bit longer than I was expecting... Oh well :D

Edited by Haelbarde, 21 December 2014 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#4 amaranth

Skaa

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hey

Thanks for the welcome. I happen to be in the 'wrong' hemisphere I think, so I just realised that I would be posting my rps at odd hours for others. Ha!

Yes i bought the mistborn game book, without fully realising what it would take. It's my first rpg book, so i didn't know what to expect. It's very involved, especially for the narrator who really sets things up and keep the ball rolling. I am not confident yet on my skills. Also i don't have friends who have read the books, and the guide/rules would be intense to explain while keeping their interest high.

I posted my initial thoughts on the workshop board if anyone cares to read. Still early days

#5 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

If your in the southern hemisphere, you're not alone, though its not the hemisphere so much that deals with time differences. I'm in Australia, while basically everything else who consistently posts here is from the States (as far as I know)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 amaranth

Skaa

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'm from oz too!

Hey i have a question, I've been reading the story thus far and the univ cont. Threas but they seem outdated is that still where the story is?

It seemed the ball has already happened. So i am not sure where everyone stands.

#7 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

Did you read both Week 1 & Week 2 of the Universal Continuity thread?

As it stands, we've pretty much only just finished the Casuana ball, and the next ball (Perault) has literally just started. Regarding the contents of the continunity threads, week 2 possibly doesn't have everything - sometimes people don't get around to posting it in the thread.

With the Story So Far, that was written mid 2010, and hasn't been updated yet... I think one of the admins may have said they were going to review a lot of those sidebar guides, but I'm not certain (Admins: If you are, I'm happy to help out if you need it)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

The story thus far is still accurate as far as I know, it happened before the RP started. We will probably be adding to it and updating some of the other guides at some point, but I'm not sure when.

As for the Universal Continuity Thread, if you are reading threads in order, they should be slotted into the correct time zone. As for what is happening right now, all sections are open, so you could write a thread happening Week 1 Day 1, or Week 2 Day 7, as long as there isn't a character conflict (one character in two places at once), or some other conflict (two big events happening in the same location at the same time without noticing each other, referencing things that have not happened yet, or events happening when they should not). This means that you can find newer threads all over the place, but most of the newest threads are likely in the middle of Week 2, since the current focus on the Perrault Ball has our attention on that time period. I'd stay away from later threads in Week 2, as the Elariel Ball will be coming up at the end of the Week, and there will likely be some larger noble and rebel threads around it.

Basically, I'd say Week 1, with the exception of the ball, is pretty much done, so you shouldn't be adding to it unless you have a good reason (especially since many characters are already all booked up for that week), but you are free to debut your character anywhere in Week 2. Week 1, however, does have important information about what has happened in the story thus far, so if you have interest on reading up on a particular character, you could focus on their threads, and skim or skip others, and then come back when you need more info.

Welcome here, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users