The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Lust at First Sight

Private Zella Calomine Randall Scanlan -5months

3 replies to this topic

#1 Randall Scanlan

Posse Member
  • Age24

• Relationship StatusIn an affair with Zella Calomine

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

The Calomine manor was not everything that Randall had hoped. He had hoped for a family that was...more financially sound. He hated working for small houses that had powerful enemies. He could only hope that maybe this Zella Calomine was as beautiful and loose as her reputation seemed to imply she was. He knocked calmly, however. The door was opened by an older gentleman who looked like the butler, and he was shown to a sitting room. It was a bright room, with stained glass windows high up on the walls to let the light in. He considered sitting on one of the five short, curved couches, but instead he waited for his employer to arrive before he sat. Surely she had heard him arrive. Zella was supposed to be a Tineye.

The moment he thought that, the door opened and Zella Calomine walked in. Randall smiled at her, beginning to turn on the charm. She was very beautiful. Her hair was dark, and it looked curly, although it was hard to tell when it was put up. The prospect of living in Fellise in a, to be honest, much smaller manor than he had ever anticipated, was suddenly brighter. Randall did, of course, refrain from truly looking at her for the moment. It would be too obvious, and that was one thing that he truly despised being. It always made women so nervous when he was obvious.

“Lady Zella,” He said, taking her hand and kissing it, catching her eye as he did so. “It is a pleasure to meet you. You are more beautiful than I thought you would be.”

She blushed just a little bit, but it was hardly noticeable, and she left her hand in his for longer than was usually proper. “I am pleased that you think so,” She responded, smiling back at him, “Please, sit down.” She pulled her hand away from him gently to gesture at the couches and then she turned to move to the couches herself. Randall let his eyes travel down her back as she walked, smirking a little. The smirk was gone by the time that she turned back to him and he sat down across from her.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 29 January 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#2 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIn a secret affair

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

Zella seated herself carefully on the couch. She was not sure of what to think of this man. Compliments were nothing new to her, and yet there was something about this one that took her aback. Perhaps it was the way he had said it? Or just watching him speak. However, it was odd for her to be so flustered with this. She knew that she was beautiful, so why was she so taken with him?

Perhaps it had to do with his charming smile. That was it, of course. He had an extremely charming smile. He was, in fact, quite good looking. That was not something that she had expected, or prepared for. Perhaps that was why she was so taken aback. “I am afraid that I do not have much time currently. I have to go to tea, which you will, of course, accompany me to. However, once you are in the position of my bodyguard, we will not be able to speak as freely. I am sure that you understand.”

“Of course I do. It is much the same as with my previous job.” Randall replied, his smile growing more charming. “Although I doubt it will be as easy as it was with my previous job.”

He really was attractive. Zella found herself ignoring his words to ruminate on this. His dark hair was cut short, but curly, and he had a beard of thick stubble. It made him look mature, and handsome. She got lost in his light brown eyes as she responded. “I take that to mean that your previous employer was uninteresting? Is that why you left?”

Randall laughed softly and his eyes sparkled at her. “No, no, nothing like that. They merely had no need for a Smoker anymore. However, that is also not what I meant. I mean, Lady Zella, that you are by far the most interesting employer I have ever had.”

“And yet you have not known me for any length of time.” Zella said, returning his smile and crossing her legs. If Silvan had seen her now, he would have been horrified by her behavior. However, she thought that it was perfectly fine to tease her Smoker, especially as he was so good-looking.

“I have known you for long enough. I have a good sense about these things.” Randall said, leaning forwards to grin at her. “Your eyes are filled with secrets, Lady Zella. I find it quite beautiful.”

Edited by MozytheHealer, 29 January 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#3 Randall Scanlan

Posse Member
  • Age24

• Relationship StatusIn an affair with Zella Calomine

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:46 AM

My, but she was cute when she blushed.

Randall had not been sure if she would fall for his silly flattery, but either she was sillier than she seemed, or she was not listening to him. Judging from the look on her face, she only heard his tone of voice. He increased the charm in his smile and watched her fall head over heels for his looks. Now all he had to do was cement it. Of course, if he moved too fast she would be scared. Noblewomen usually were. But he could always just continue to entrap her with his smile. She seemed to like that.

“I would not say that I have that many secrets, Lord Randall.” Zella said, giving him a small look. He could tell that she was trying to resist, but he was certain that she would fail eventually.

“Please, just call me Randall. I am your servant, after all.” Randall leaned closer and took her hand. “I will do anything you ask of me, my lady.” He kissed her hand slowly and locked eyes with her as he looked up.

“I shudder to think what my brother would think if he heard you say that, Randall.” Zella pointed out, and Randall laughed, pulling away from her. She kept a hold of his hand for a moment before she pulled away as well, smiling.

“I will have to be careful, then. I would not want you to get in trouble with your brother.” Randall said, his smile changing from charming to understanding. “Although I am sure he understands how irresistible you are. He has to hear about it all the time.”

“If he knows, then he does not like it.” Zella said, looking slightly distracted. Randall could only hope that the distraction and the look in her eyes was about him.

“I doubt that any brother would enjoy all his friends fawning over how lovely his sister is.” Randall said, leaning back on the couch and grinning. He kept his body language casual, knowing that she was beginning to warm up to him. Not just beginning. She had. He wondered idly if she was just confused. It could be that she was one of those girls who had no idea what intimate things went on behind closed doors. If she was, he would have to be careful because those girls had a tendency to ask too dislike being surprised. “I know that I never did.”

Zella tilted her head and smiled at him. “You have a sister?”

“I do. She’s roughly three years younger than myself, and according to my closest friend, quite beautiful. I have proof of this as he married her a year ago.” Randall smiled in a sweet way, “It was hard to not get angry at him. Especially not after my father died.”

“That is terrible.” Zella said, looking shocked. “I am so sorry.” She paused, as if struggling with something, and then glanced at her lap for a moment. “Both my parents are dead. It is how I Snapped, actually. But it was long ago. I rarely think about it anymore. Almost nine years…”

Randall reached over to take her hand and squeeze it comfortingly. “Your brother is the only one you have left?”

“No, I have my grandparents. And my cousin, Talyn. He was my only friend before I moved to Luthadel.” Zella looked up and smiled. “But enough of all this depressing talk. I do believe that we must be going, if we are to be on time for tea. Now, it is not at all odd for me to have a bodyguard, so please do not feel uncomfortable. Tensions have been high with our parent house.”

“I understand completely.” Randall said, standing up. He helped her up and used the motion to pull her a little closer. He wanted to see how she would react to the proximity. Perhaps it would give him a good sense of how easy it would be to get her to let him kiss her. Silence fell as he locked eyes with her. He was almost surprised at how hard it was to refrain from kissing her. He wasn’t lying when he said that he found her interesting. Zella was a conquest, but she still intrigued him. Perhaps if she fell for him he could stop constantly finding a new lover. However, he kept himself from closing the distance.

“We really should be going.” Zella breathed into the silence, color rising into her cheeks.

#4 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIn a secret affair

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

As Randall pulled her closer, Zella felt her heart skip a beat. Whether it was from nerves or excitement, she could not tell. However, it definitely happened. It confused her. This was a feeling she associated with love, and yet she was most definitely not in love with this man. "We really should be going.” She said, her voice barely working. Randall smiled wider and nodded.

“I know.” He stepped back and kissed her hand a third time. “After you, my lady.”

Zella smiled and turned away from him, getting control of her blush before walking out of the room. It wouldn’t do to turn up at tea all flustered. She didn’t want to admit to anyone that she felt something for this man. Certainly not this early on, and he had no money. He was a hired Allomancer. He had no position, little family, and no name. It was impossible that she should feel anything for him at all. Certainly not after knowing him for only a few moments.

Zella climbed into the carriage, letting the driver help her. She was almost glad that Randall would be riding up with the driver. Perhaps that would change eventually, but she didn’t want to change it now. She needed to control herself. The thoughts she was having about him were not at all appropriate.

Edited by MozytheHealer, 29 January 2015 - 05:44 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users