The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Allomancy Training

W1 D5 MM Nessa Perrin

142 replies to this topic

#1 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

After strange dreams of dancing in kitchens with rebels while an orchestra of Inquisitors played a merry tune, and other, even stranger visions, Nessa slowly came awake in the warmest, softest place she had ever been.

Was she really still a part of the rebellion? Had last night really happened?

She would find out later. For now, she happily wrapped herself even tighter in her blankets and went back to sleep.

#2 Perrin

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Three hours of sleep was all that Perrin had managed to get after the meeting the night before. It was by choice though. Perrin had found that the less sleep he got, the better he tended to function. A bit backwards, but so was Perrin at times. Being up before the sun usually had some perks, like getting the freshest pastries (XD) from the cooks in the shop. And there was something oddly relaxing about Luthadel in the early morning light.

He sat atop Lan's shop, quietly munching on a scone, waiting for the newest member of the Rebellion to join him. Since he had been assigned to train her, he had been the one who got to decided on the time and place to meet for said training.

And what better time to start training than early in the morning before most people were awake?

Perrin anticipated the fact that Nessa might be a bit late. She had endured a rather eventful night and deserved to sleep in maybe a little bit. So he didn't care much when half an hour passed from the original time that they were supposed to meet at. However, when an hour, and then an hour and a half passed, he started to get annoyed. He wasn't one for sitting in one place very long, though granted he had been doing push ups and the like while waiting.

A frustrated huff escaped his lips as the sun, red behind the layer of ash/clouds, started to climb higher in the sky. Sounds of skaa shuffling to work had been reaching Perrin's ear for a good chunk of time now. That was it. Sweets had been sleeping in long enough. So he stood up and brushed off what ash he could from his clothing, then headed down into the shop.

The top floor of the three story building was lined with sleeping quarters. Most of the rooms had two or three beds in them, but there were a select few at the end of the hall near the wash rooms that held a single bed. Apparently girls needed privacy or some such thing. He paused briefly at the door that he and Maks had led Nessa to the night before and knocked three quick times. That was plenty of warning.

Perrin pushed open the door and strode inside. He frowned slightly when his eyes fell on the girl still wrapped up in her blankets. But then his customary smirk quickly took it's place. He took two quick steps, then launched himself onto the bed. "Time to rise and shine, Sweets!" Perrin stood on the bed straddling Nessa's legs. He bounced up and down a few times while he waited for the girl to stir.

Posted Image

#3 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

The bed was shaking. Why was the bed shaking?

"Time to rise and shine, sweets!"

.........I am going to kill him.

"Gowway," Nessa groaned. "I'll get up later." Her hand finally found her pillow, and she lobbed it in what she hoped was the direction of Perrin's face, and then promptly pulled the covers up over her head. " 'Stoo nice in here."

#4 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

He laughed, "It is later. You're getting up now," he said then hopped off the bed to the floor. "Last chance to get up on your own," he grinned. For some reason he couldn't help but think of his little sisters back home. More than once he had woken them up in a similar fashion.

Posted Image

#5 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

"Dun wanna," Nessa pouted, curling up in her spot under the covers. She wished she hadn't thrown her pillow; she missed it already. The bed was still comfortable enough, though.

He would just have to come back another time.

#6 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Perrin grinned, "Suit yourself," he said and then turned, leaving the room. His next destination wasn't far off; actually it was the door just next to Nessa's. He retrieved what he had come looking for, then with the grin still on his face strode back into Nessa's room where she still lay in the bed, covers over her head.

Without saying a word, he set down one of the objects he had retrieved on the floor next to him, and then in one smooth motion tossed a bucket of water directly onto the form of the sleeping girl.

Posted Image

#7 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:43 PM

It was with a gasping shriek that the now-soaked Nessa shot up into a sitting position. Or rather, she tried, but she had wrapped herself up in her blankets so tightly that she ended up lurching forward, losing her balance, and landing on the floor in a heap of sodden blankets. And she was so hopelessly tangled that no amount of flailing was going to pry her loose.

#8 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

Perrin laughed as he watched Nessa flailing around on the floor, then trailed off when she wasn't able to free herself. He sighed, grin still on his face and reached down, helping her untangle herself. "I gave you a chance to get up on your own."

Posted Image

#9 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

"Not enough of a chance," Nessa pouted, finally peeling off the last of the layers of blankets. "And why'd you have to throw water on me!? Now I'll have to train like this. I don't have any other clothes, y'know."

#10 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

Perrin tilted his head to the side and chuckled, "You're living above a tailor's shop now. You have plenty of clothes," he commented. "And besides, you had to learn what would happen eventually if you were late by almost two hours. Now's as good a time as any," he smirked.

An apprentice poked his head in the door asking if everything was alright. Perrin nodded, "Everything's just fine. But," he glanced down at the object that he'd set on the floor, "You may want to go fetch Nessa a change of clothes. She'll be needing them for training, after all." Perrin bent over and picked up a second bucket, and without giving Nessa any warning, threw it's entire contents on her.

Posted Image

#11 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

"You!" Nessa growled, snatching up the other empty bucket from earlier. "I'm already up; what was that for!?"

And with that she launched herself forward, swinging the bucket with ruthless abandon.

#12 Perrin

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

He snickered, then paused as the girl picked up the first bucket and barreled towards him. Well he couldn't really say that he wasn't expecting a reaction like this. Perrin set his pewter on at a slow burn, just enough to help him dodge the swings easily.

"Calm down, Sweets," he laughed and continued dodging, "We haven't even gotten you breakfast yet, though if you'd been up when you were supposed to be up, you would have had a lovely scone."

Posted Image

#13 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:50 AM

"Breakfast...?" Nessa asked, pausing mid-swing. "That sounds good."

At last she stopped swinging the bucket and approached Perrin. "There's still some left, right? I can have some before we train?"

Instead of waiting for an answer, though, she flared the last bit of Pewter she had, lunged forward, and stuck the bucket down onto Perrin's head before tearing out of her room and towards the kitchen at a dead run.

It was going to be an interesting day.

#14 Perrin

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Well, that ended differently than I thought it would, the bucket-headed Perrin thought. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit though. Nessa had caught him off guard, and that wasn't something that happened often. The girl was good, that much was sure.

After removing the bucket and setting it on the floor, Perrin headed down to the kitchen, assuming that it was where Nessa had torn off to. He entered the room, nodding to the few women present who were going about their jobs. Nessa sat at the large table, in the center of the room, that she had thrown around the night before. In front of her sat a plate with a few scones and some butter.

"I see you've obtained your breakfast. Almost ready to head out?"

Posted Image

#15 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

"Not yet," Nessa attempted to reply through her breakfast, but having all that food in her mouth garbled the sound so that even she couldn't tell if Perrin had understood her.

So instead, she swallowed, shoved another scone into her mouth, and pointed to the last one on the plate. Once she got this one down, she'd be ready.

#16 Perrin

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

The only reply Perrin got back from Nessa were some garbled words that sounded more like she was choking than trying to talk. Perrin raised an eyebrow, "I'm going to assume that you were trying to respond and aren't suffocating." Nessa simply swallowed what was in her mouth and then proceeded to shove another scone into her mouth. Well at least it was safe to say they wouldn't be using Nessa as a noble infiltrator any time soon.

"Seeing as you can't talk back, at the moment, I think now would be a good time to give you the basic run down of your ability. Any objections? Questions?" he paused, then before Nessa could finish chewing and swallow, he continued, "Being a thug, might seem to some, an unrefined sort of thing. Pewter enhances your strength, and more strength means a harder hit. Straight forward, right? Sure, but any idiot can hit hard. You," he smirked, "Need to be a well-honed weapon. Able to adapt to a situation and use your ability to burn pewter as a compliment to the skills you already have."

"Everyday, from here on out, will begin with early morning sparring sessions with me, as I'm the only one that can really train you to fight with pewter, but the rest of your days will be filled learning how to use different weapons and different fighting styles. Being super strong doesn't do you any good if you don't know how to land a punch, though I'm going to assume you know how to do that already considering your dramatic entrance last night."

Posted Image

#17 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Nessa nodded, swallowed the last scone, and remembered at the last minute to wipe her face on the napkin she had been given rather than on her sleeve.

"When you steal things, the owners of the things you take don't like you very much," she explained offhandedly. "And when you're a girl on a thieving crew, the men would rather use you as something other than a thief. It was either learn to hit things, become a whore, or get killed trying to eat. I chose to hit things. I'm decent enough at it, I guess. I'm still here, after all."

#18 Perrin

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

"And that survival instinct that you have is going to help even more now. I don't know how much experience you have fighting for long periods of time, though. That's a whole different game," Perrin clasped his hands in front of him.

"Well, you ready to get started?"

Posted Image

#19 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

"Ready enough, I guess," Nessa replied with a shrug, moving around the table to join Perrin and follow him to.... wherever it was they were going. They couldn't possibly be going to train in the kitchen, could they?

"Am I supposed to change before, or after?" she asked, plucking at her still-wet clothes.

#20 Perrin

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

Perrin shrugged, "S'up to you, Sweets, though I might suggest changing before. Wet clothes might be a little hindering to what we're going to be doing."

He scratched his neck and glanced at one of the other women in the kitchen, "Were those extra clothes I asked for taken up to Miss Nessa's room yet?" One of the women nodded in reply, "See, there you go. I'll just wait here for you then?"

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users