The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

A New Beginning

9 replies to this topic

#1 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Hey Everyone,

This past year I’ve discovered Brandon Sanderson; I actually started with the Stormlight Archives novels and then read the Mistborn Trilogy (I’m reading The Alloy of Law right now. I’m absolutely in love with Brandon’s writing. =) That fact led me to search for Mistborn RPGs, and MBI.

I’ve been doing forum RPs for a good number of years, but I still get intimidated - and I’m totally intimidated by this forum. I am slowly working on a character that I hope will be up to the high standard you’ve all set here.

I had started lurking on this site and recently discovered that an old RP friend of mine, Borborygmus, is a former member interested in getting back into the game. I’m taking that as a positive sign!

Sometimes I write myself into a corner, but I hope I can get myself integrated here! I’d be happy to write and plot with all of you!

- Mora

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Welcome here Mora!

Any friend of Borborygmus's is a friend of ours!

We have a lot going on here, but there's no need to be intimidated. If you need a general run down on how things work, or have some specific questions, just let us know! Since you've been lurking for a while, I'm guessing you have a decent idea of how things work, but never hesitate to ask.

Good luck creating your character, and let us know if you need any help brainstorming. I'm excited to see what you come up with :)

Posted Image

#3 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

Thank you Comatose! You're a wonderful writer and I hope I get to post with you! =)

#4 Quiver

Skaa

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

Welcome!

Does it count as a welcome if I started a topic just hours before you...? Eh, I'm gonna count it.

Welcome!I'm in much the same situation as you are, with regards intimidation, but... Hope to see you around!

#5 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

Happy to meet you Quiver - and welcome to you, too! I hope we can both overcome our intimidation together!! <3

#6 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

Welcome! (I forget if I said hi in the chatbox)

I can remember finding the layout/look of the RP incredibly intimidating/overwhelming when I first joined. But like Coma said, eventually you get so used to it - it does make sense once you've hung around for a bit.

But again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I look forward to RPing with you!

Regards,

Haelbarde

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

Thank you! <3

#8 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

I will be giving this another try!

#9 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

Just getting to this now, but welcome back :) It's been nice chatting on Discord!

Posted Image

#10 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thank you so much, Comatose! Excited to get my app done and finally get writing with the MBI crew!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users