The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Preparations

W1 D6 MM Daerra Elariel Aaron Elariel Claudia Elariel

21 replies to this topic

#21 Claudia Elariel

• Elariel Mistborn

Theatre Spectator
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

"That would be ideal," she replied, smiling. "Thank you, Daerra. I'm grateful for understanding." She got to her feet slowly. "I'm glad your going to ride with me to the ball. It'll be nice having company for once, I think. If you and Aaron need any help with anything, or if you figure out a way to get rid of that awful woman please let me know. Now, I'd best get upstairs. I've delayed my fitting long enough already."

Characters: Claudia Elariel, Jessica Marsdale, Kayla, Adalae Lekal

#22 Daerra Elariel

• Heir's Sister

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

Daerra nodded, and watched her younger cousin leave. I know exacly how to get rid of that awful woman Claudia, I'm afraid you might not like it very much. She turned her attention back to the piano, thinking of how her quiet cousin would take things. Do I really want to do this? she wondered. She pictured the look on her father's face when she took control of House Elariel, and made a decision. Mikhail Elariel and Phyra Venture, prepare to never stand in my way again!

"Daerra dear! I've been looking all over for you," came a voice from the door behind Daerra. She curse mentally. When I rule a keep, the music room shall have only one door and the paino will face it, so no one can sneak up on me again! She stood to face her mother, Lady Janelle Elariel.

"It is good to see you Lady Janelle," she curtsied. Her mother was the epitome of politeness. She was also very beautiful, and looked much younger than her age. The long golden hair that hung below her waist in curls did not yet have a single strand of grey, and her silvery eyes were still full of vigour. The only hint that she was the mother of two children in their twenties were the faintest of wrinkles around her eyes and mouth, made even fainter with the best make-ups she could find. Her dress was white, and a pleasant pink shall was draped artfully around her shoulders.

"Of course dear," Lady Janelle curtsied back, her acknowledgement that Daerra too was now a Lady, and not a child. "Come and sit with me a moment. I think we have some things to discuss before the ball." She closed the door behind her and took a seat on a cushoined divan. Daerra closed the door on her side as well before joining her. Lady Janelle would never have a conversation on a piano bench.

"The ball," started Daerra, "Oh, Lady Janelle, I cannot wait for you to see my gown, it's dazzling." Careful, she lectured herself. Too much and she'll think you a child, too little and she'll be offended.

The gleam in her mother's eyes told her she had used just the right tone. Lady Janelle had never been a typcial mother. She usually left the feeding, story telling, playing, and putting to bed of her children to their nurses. The little time she had spent with them was usually spent cuddling nicely, and giving instruction while servants helped them dress. It was because of this woman that Daerra and Aaron both had an impeccable sense of style. She hadn't really grown interested in either of them until they reached their teens. It was then that she had started insisting that Daerra call her 'Lady Janelle,' and treat her like one of the girls when speaking with friends.

"Is it in that shade I reccomended?" she asked. Daerra nodded. "Good, with your hair, that will set your eyes off perfectly. It's not too common a colour either, so hopefully we will have no duplicates at the ball." She began twining a golden ringlet around her finger. Her hair was partially pinned back, so most of her curls spilled down her back. She always brought a few to the front though to twist around her fingers. Playing with her hair was perhaps Lady Janelle's only bad habit, and most found it endearing. "I'm afraid that I didn't seek you out to speak of gowns though Daerra."

Daerra kept her face pleasant, but she felt her stomach twist. Please let her not be here for father. "What do you wish to speak of then? I had some interesting encounters in Ahlstrom square the other day..."

"Not gossip either, my dear. I'm here to talk about your brother's date to the ball."

Ah. Daerra wrinkled her pretty nose. "I was meaning to speak to you of that as well. What was your husband thinking Lady Janelle? Setting him up with that harlot. His reputation as a gentleman could be ruined, and had I not already taken some preemptive steps, it could have ruined my social life as well!"

Lady Janelle took her daughters hand and patted it lightly. "I know, I know. Andrew is thinking of politics though, and vices aside, Lady Phyra is a Venture. The Great Houses are uneasy you know, and if Elariel is to remain stable we must remain neutral, and offend no one."

"Of course," said Daerra. "We do what we must. I suppose even whores can take offense at a rejection." Hopefully a lot of offense.

Her mother's eyes widened. "Lady Daerra, I'm surprised at you. We all have our faults. Name-calling is not one I thought you had."

"I apologize for my tongue, Lady Janelle," said Daerra carefully. "Concern for my brother has made me speak rashly."

Lady Janelle smiled again. It's like every conversation is a game or test with her. "I understand dear. For the good of our house, however, I think it best we keep your stronger opinions of Lady Venture between the two of us."

Daerra nodded. "Of course Lady Janelle, I wouldn't have it any other way. Consider it filed away with all our other little secrets." She gave her mother a playful wink, though mentally she was rolling her eyes. I can play the game of faces just as well as you. You taught it to me, after all.

"Of course dear," her mother winked back. "I knew you would understand." Lady Janelles seemed about to leave, but remained sitting. To other's it might have seemed she just remembered she had something more to say, but Daerra had watched her mother enough to recognize a rehearsed routine when she saw one. "I understand," she said, "That you have no date to the ball, Lady Daerra. Forgive my presumption, but it seems a beautiful young lady like yourself should be fending young gentleman off constantly. Do you have any reason why you recieved no invitation?"

Daerra checked her smile, making sure it was appropriate. It couldn't be overly happy, but she wanted to take the question as casually as her mother had delivered it. When she spoke, her tone was jovial, though inside she felt like ice. Why? Why must you agree with him? "With the men I usually end up with, Lady Janelle, it seems I do more fending for myself than actual dancing at balls. I thought, with the current politcal situation, it would be best to have nothing to distract me." A plausible excuse, but she would need to have a date for the next ball.

Lady Janelle took it all in stride. "Of course dear, I saw that Hasting boy you were paired with once. He seemed quite..." she lowered her voice to a whisper, "unattractive. To me at least," she finished, returning to her normal volume at the end. She stood, making sure her shawl and gown hung just right before moving towards the door. Daerra stood as well, and once their curtsies were done, her mother took her leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Daerra my darling. I can't wait to see what you do with your hair."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users