The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

The Official Elariel Ball Planning Thread

Ball Planning Elariel Finally Its Almost Here Plottery

17 replies to this topic

#1 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:43 AM

So, as the topic tags suggest, the time to start planning the Elariel ball is now! I figured with the Perrault Ball moving into the dancing portion of the evening, it was time to start getting things together for the End-of-Week ball, hosted by the one and only House Elariel.

Remember that this is just the PLANNING THREAD, and that the ball itself is still a LONG way off. In the interest of the ball happening at all, I thought it best to start plotting early, to make sure it happens.

I'll eventually update this intro post with more information about the ball, as well as a guest list. For now, I was hoping to use it to get organized, and figure out what threads we need to wrap up or figure out before the ball can begin. Realistically, I think we have to concede that we will not be able to wrap up every thread in time, so what I propose is that, once we have a complete list of threads and plot lines that need to be figured out before the ball begins, we can decide which ones we can feasibly finish. For the ones we probably won't be able to finish, I was thinking the players involved in those threads could get together and come up with a summary of where they see the thread going. The summary can then be posted in this thread, with a tag specifying which characters should know the information contained in the summary.

Anyways, this is the list of threads I came up with off the top of my head, along with my initial assessments of what can be done about them. Please post here to add/suggest more, or if your assessment of any of the ones already posted is different from what I have listed.

Keep in mind that not every unfinished thread needs to be on this list. There will still be time during the Elariel ball, and after, to go back and finish unfinished threads. The ones we list here should all be ones that contain information or character development that will be important to figure out before starting the ball.

Threads that will only require a summary will be marked with an [S]. Keep in mind that classifications will not be final until I've consulted enough of the players involved to make a decision.

Happy plotting everyone! I'll be reserving the next few posts for more ball stuff, so stay tuned!!!

LIST OF THINGS TO BE RESOLVED BEFORE THE ELARIEL BALL:

CYCLE ONE:
  • [S] The Casuana Ball Part III: Fire and Madness - Given the time this thread has been on the books, and the number of characters involved, I think it's safe to say we won't be finishing it any time soon. With the nobles fleeing, and the battle between Perrin and Davinna ensuing, I think we basically know how this winds up, so a simple summary of any stray points should suffice.
  • According to Plan - Though updates to this thread have been inconsistent, I think that finishing it before starting the Elariel Ball is a definite possibility. Given how important Mikhail's assassination and the ensuing aftermath are to the cycle as a whole, and to the Elariel Ball, I would recommend we try to finish this one.
CYCLE TWO:
  • [S] After Death - Most of the major points of this thread have wound up. Since some of the characters involved haven't posted in a while, I should be able to summarize this one without too much trouble.
  • [S] Benevolence - This is a big one! While I would LOVE to finish this thread before the Elariel Ball, the number of characters involved, and the length of time it has already been open with few posts makes this seem unlikely. However, the Venture-Elariel negotiations that take place during the executions are of huge importance to the Elariel ball. KChan and I have already worked out the gist of the Venture-Elariel agreement, but, if things don't pick up in this thread before the Elariel Ball begins, I think a more detailed summary of both the agreement, and the thread, will be warranted.
  • The Girl with Fire in her Hair - I wasn't sure how vital this one is, so feel free to disagree. Regardless, I think we should be able to finish it in time for the ball.
  • The Children's Table - This is a key thread for several of our Elariel characters. The pace in this one has been pretty good, so I'm confident KChan and I can finish it in time.
  • [S] Tea and Other Things - Heliotrope hasn't been around for a while, so this one will likely be summarized, which should be easy for me, since I'm the other player involved.
  • Research and Ridicule - This is a short solo thread, so finishing it in time will be up to me, and shouldn't be much trouble.
  • Within and Without - This thread deals with Aaron and Marisha's first encounter since the Elariel Ball, so Borb and I should probably either finish it, or decide where it ends up, before the Elariel Ball begins. - Getting there!

• Stars and High Sociey: The Perrault Ball - Obviously, we should probably wrap up the mid-week ball before starting the end of week one. Given our current pace, I don't foresee this being a problem. The timing of how we end the Perrault Ball and move into the second half of Cycle 2 will likely determine when we can start the Elariel Ball. Plots to wind up include (a) Ari and Alistair's conversation, (B) Luci and Felix's dance, © Aaron and Adala's dance, (d) Daerra and Aldwin's dance, (e) Daerra and Cami reprimand the posse, (f) Posse wind-up, (g) Others?
  • [S] A Rocky First Date - I think as long as Borb and I can decide where things up for Etienne and Daerra, a summary should be sufficient for this thread.
  • [S] The Grand Tour - Up to Noelle and Moru.
  • The First Step - Noelle is figuring out Lorena's motivations. As long as we both have time to post, this should not be a problem.
  • Of Orphans and Invalids - Only needs a few more posts to be finished. [needs to be moved/retconned].
  • [S] A New Arrival
  • Strength and Shadows - New Vivian Thread! This should get done, but it doesn't have to be long.
THREADS YET TO EXIST:
  • Nevan/Daerra pre-ball thread? (Could be part of general thread).
  • Standard General Day-Before-Ball Thread.
  • Sureau Engagement "Meeting the Family" Thread
  • Caden arrives home from the Perrault Ball.
  • Caden/Eliza Thread (Metals Plot?)
And that's it! Obviously, I focused on threads that my own characters were involved in for the preliminary list (mainly my Elariel characters), so it is entirely possibly I failed to realize how important finishing other threads before the ball is for other characters. If I've missed any, please add here in a post!

I also made a point not to include threads that have major spoilers. If you would like to notify of an already started thread, or of a not-yet started thread that you want to finish, but you don't want to spoil, let me know in a PM!

Stay tuned for future Elariel Ball updates and plottery!

Posted Image

#2 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:43 AM

[RESERVED FOR FUTURE ELARIEL BALL PLOTTERY]

Posted Image

#3 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:44 AM

[RESERVED FOR FUTURE ELARIEL BALL PLOTTERY]

Posted Image

#4 Moru

Tineye

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:31 AM

I do know that this will be an important ball for some of my characters to attend. I do not think that I am in any important threads that need to be finished up before it happens (other than large group ones, all things you have already mentioned)

The question I guess I have is do you want to attempt another thread with Rhea/Andrew before the Elariel ball? It would defintiely effect my preparedness for the ball if we choose to do another one.

I think there there will need to be a thread where they actually talk to one another about what they learned in their last thread, but I can't decide if it would be better for them to see each other in public again before that happens or if Rhea would try to make a point of seeing him again sooner rather than later.

I can tell you that at least Magnus and Rhea will be attending this ball. The other characters I will have to decide whether or not they will attend, but those two for sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

Hmmm, good question. I definitely think Andrew and Rhea need to meet up again at least once more before the ball, but whether that's an on screen in thread meeting, or an off-screen one is up to us.

What do you think? I'm game for either. RPing with them again would be fun, but I also understand if you would prefer just to deal with that encounter in hindsight.

Posted Image

#6 Moru

Tineye

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

I think it would be really fun to see how they will interact with one another now that they know what they know. xD I think it will give us a good idea for how their future interactions would go.

Also the Elariel ball is going to give Rhea an actual desire to seek him out and spend more time with him in the next cycle. Not really because of him specifically, but because of her "useless" husband.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:23 PM

Okay, should we make this a private meeting then? Perhaps Andrew or Rhea sends the other an invitation to meet, ostensibly to chat about what happened between them, or for some ulterior motive?

Neither of the keeps would be a good idea, but they also probably would want some place private-ish, to avoid speculation.

Posted Image

#8 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

We need to do the thread where Caden comes home from the Perrault ball and Colette sees that he's still alive. Their first time seeing each other, both knowing what happened, is going to be intense. X3

Also, wasn't there some Caden-Eliza stuff that was going to happen post-ball? There are a couple threads I can think of, including the one the day after Perrault where Colette taunts the both of them and the one where they hatch the metal-swapping plan.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

KChan, on 04 November 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

We need to do the thread where Caden comes home from the Perrault ball and Colette sees that he's still alive. Their first time seeing each other, both knowing what happened, is going to be intense. X3

Also, wasn't there some Caden-Eliza stuff that was going to happen post-ball? There are a couple threads I can think of, including the one the day after Perrault where Colette taunts the both of them and the one where they hatch the metal-swapping plan.

:ph43r: :huh: Those two paragraphs... I feel like there's some significant items still to come during this ball...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

I'll add those in :).

Are they stuff we'd like to finish before the ball, or that we can start and summarize if it goes too long? With Caden and Eliza, their relationship was been so discovery written so far, it can be kind of hard to plot for them, so maybe we should make finishing that thread, at least, a priority.

ALSO: When does the Tekiel plot with Daerra start? I forget if it was cycle two or three.

Posted Image

#11 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, probably best to actually play out the Cadiza stuff. Things are already going way different from how we thought they would at this point, after all. XD

And the Daerra plot starts in Cycle Three. That can't begin until [RAFO] happens at the Elariel Ball, after all. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Haelbarde

Acolyte

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

:angry: You big teases... :P

Edited by Haelbarde, 10 November 2015 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#13 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:35 AM

Right! I forgot about the RAFO part ;)/>. Sorry Hael 😜

Posted Image

#14 Moru

Tineye

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

Comatose, on 15 October 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Okay, should we make this a private meeting then? Perhaps Andrew or Rhea sends the other an invitation to meet, ostensibly to chat about what happened between them, or for some ulterior motive?

Neither of the keeps would be a good idea, but they also probably would want some place private-ish, to avoid speculation.

I think that it should definitely be a private meeting to talk about what happened at least. Rhea would probably be the one to send the invitation.

Although as for where they should meet, I am not sure. It has to be somewhere they can enter at separate times and not many people would see them. The only thing I can really think of is somewhere inthe hotel district -- where they met the first time. But instead of going and sitting in the public area toghether, they would enter at different times to a private room.

Though that has the problem that they could be seen together no matter how they stagger their entrances.

I do know that Rhea's family (the Olliviers) own a few houses around the Luthadel outskirts that they rent out to visiting nobles as part of their income, perhaps they could meet in one of the unoccupied ones?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

In my head-canon for House Elariel, they own a lake house/manor on lakeside as well. I'd suggest it, but now that I think of it, Andrew would probably want to keep this as far away from his family as possible, so probably not an Elariel-controlled location.

I'm fine with somewhere in the hotel district. Another fun idea (if its open, I can't remember if it is) is at the Theatre. They could both attend a play 'just happen to have seats next to each other. They'd have to be careful of eavesdroppers, but most public attention would be on the play itself. The problem, I guess, is that they would still be seen together talking, so maybe the theatre is out too.

Hotel district then? I'd say that or maybe a location in one of the suburbs controlled by an ally of Andrew or Rhea's who is not a Venture or Elariel themselves.

Posted Image

#16 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

I'm trying to think abt what threads I need to create/finish between Perault and Elariel, and I think there's a couple?

For finishing I have The Grand Tour which honestly could be summarized if you'd prefer Moru.

Also there's The First Step, and I actually would like to finish that more for developing Lorena, since she just hasn't gotten enough RP time imo, and I actually do want to go further with her as a character. I know her voice very well but I don't quite know all her motivations, and that bothers me.

Of Orphans and Invalids needs like... two, three posts to be finished. Which is good because I've forgotten about it for way too long, but Elle also really needs a teacher. I had a vague idea in my mind for one that I'd tried to set up with new members several times but each time they ended up disappearing and it never happened, so I'm wondering if I should put up an adoption post or something? :/ I don't know what her arc is going to be, but she was my first character so I would like to get something done.

A New Arrival could easily be summarized. And A Confrontation is literally me RPing with myself so it's a non-issue and could be finished whenever or never.

For NEW threads, I know for sure that Ulrich and Ada's second meeting is happening between these two balls, I don't know if Mozy want's to RP that out or if a summary would be fine but that definitely needs to happen.

There's obviously at least a couple Jasun related threads to sort out, and I would definitely like to do something with Adala and Aldric, either together or separate, but I'm not sure exactly what. Neither of them are really tied up in any plots outside their personal ones, and I'd sort of like them to be caught up in something larger if possible just to complicate things for them later down the line, since I know must of their current conflicts (or at least Adala's, will be resolved within the coming few in-game weeks)

I feel like I want to write SOMETHING with Niklaus as well, since he's just sitting about not being written yet, besides from my posts with Ulrich.

Then there might be a thread with Alistair that needs to be done...

I'm not sure how many of these things need to actually be RP'd out though. Especially since I don't have anything super concrete in mind at the moment.

But the last things that DO definitely need to get done at some point are me actually finishing Leroy and Cyril for Mozy, although I think that for the sake of finishing the Perrault Ball sooner it might be better if they stay NPCs for this and I finish them at a later date. Applications tend to take me either a day or a year and I'd rather not gamble on which ones they'd be.

There's also The Lady, but I still haven't learned enough about her yet, although taking another character that I was thinking about making might work, since the two concepts would end up being pretty similar--and because I liked the concept for that character to want to use it any way I could.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 KChan

Lord Prelan

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

There's definitely an Alistair thread. And isn't the second Jasun/Eliza/Caden thread before the Elariel ball?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

Does Orphans and Invalids have information that is necessary for the ball? With this post I was trying to focus on things we needed to have figured before the ball can be started, rather than on all the threads that occur between the Perrault Ball and the Elariel ball.

So basically, if the Elariel ball could proceed before a thread is concluded or summarized, I would not add that thread to the list, but if what happens in the thread has an impact that needs to be determined before the ball, then it should be added. Other threads can be left open during the ball and even into the next cycle if need be, since the ball can proceed regardless of whether or not they are finished. Does that make sense?

I've added the threads you mentioned for now. Let me know if you think some of them can be taken off.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users