The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

MBI World-Hoppers?

Speculation Just for fun! Character Analysis Lets Discuss

7 replies to this topic

#1 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

So I've been thinking lately about world-hoppers, and wondering if any of the characters here on MBI would be good candidates to be recruited by the 17th Shard (or any other world-hopping faction). We have evidence of several Scadrian World-Hoppers already, and I was wondering if it might be possible that some were recruited before Vin's era. Another fun facet of World-Hopping is that it either seems to do something funny with time, or members are granted some form of agelessness, since they are able to appear in timelines that are more than a lifetime apart.

So, to me, a good world hopper should have the potential to become Cosmere-Savy, have some skills to offer the shard, and have a lower level of connection to Scadriel, since they would have to leave it behind and never seen friends and family again.

Daerra was (of course) my first thought. While she is very invested in Luthadel politics at the moment, years down the line once Aaron has inherited and secured his position, she might feel the drive to move on to a new challenge. She's not really someone who is ever content with where they are. As a talented seeker, she could be trained by the Shard to sense other forms of Investiture, which would allow her to track down magic users on a variety of worlds.

FelZuun would, of course, be another interesting world-hopper (especially since we know there are kandra who world-hop). He'd certainly be up for leaving Scadriel behind, and would be a valuable asset for whoever managed to recruit him. His independence would be dangerous, and his allies would have to tread carefully.

Felicity would love an opportunity to move on from Scadriel and travel to new worlds which she could discover. Her wealth of experience would definitely be an asset.

Odairn could be another fun one. Right now, he's pretty attached to Alistair, but if anything happened to him, he wouldn't have much attaching him to Scadriel. I'm sure his skills at gathering information could be put to good use on any planet.

Klyde and Delissia travelling the Cosmere would be hilarious. Not sure what purpose it would serve, but it would be awesome.

Valerre and Daphne would also be fun, though it would be tough for Daphne to leave the rebellion behind, and Valerre wouldn't leave without Daphne.

My only other thought was of Emilia, who is kind of a free agent at the moment, but I'm not sure how she is going to develop, so its hard to say.

All my other characters all seem ill suited for world-hopping in one way or another. What do you guys think?

More importantly, who are your top candidates out of your own character roster for world-hopping, and why?

Posted Image

#2 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

At the moment Winston is my only character that I could see doing something like this. He was created as a tool for the Elariel's, and thus his usefulness to any organization would be a good incentive. If not for his ingrained nature of loyalty to House Elariel, which keeps him tethered to Scadriel. But if something were to snap that tether...Winston would be a true wildcard.

The skaa in the Meson workshop are too invested in taking care of their own that taking on a larger Cosmere viewpoint wouldn't be something that they are interested in, although Jonesi probably would be a good fit in terms of skill set.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#3 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Elle.

Elle would totally be a world hopper. She really has nothing tying her to anything going on besides the fact that she has to work with the rebellion or die. She's "only" a coin shot, but she's also someone who is constantly stuck in her own head, and has a really high level of detachment with the people around her, meaning she could keep world hopping without stopping. And honestly she so admires beauty, in all its forms, that seeing stuff from other worlds would be worth any price she'd have to pay to get there in the first place.

Plus, once she left Scadriel, she'd never want to come back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Abraxas MacGuile

Skaa

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

You already know this Comatose, but others don't.
My characters in set 1 were originally planned to be related to various worldhoppers, and Alchema from set 4 might be a stealth one - that is, one who avoids wrong-context uses of Investiture as much as possible. I also plan to retain characters in set 1 to have interacted with worldhoppers before the MBI Prologue.
Alchema, put simply, is a looper from the Infinite Loops Project on spacebattles.net at around 1k loops in terms of power levels, and would get along well with Sonic the Hedgehog, Spider-man, and Michaelangelo from TMNT.
You have been warned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you somewhere, somewhen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xeno: Be sure to check AGM out on FFN!
Me: How'd you get here!?
Xeno: Planeswalking. *Pins me to wall with Atavarr's Personal Gravitational Upset.*
Me: You're still mad about what I said!?
Xeno: Yup, but not for much longer. See ya. *Leaves.*
Me: Hey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Hour Later....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alchema: *Arrives, looks at me, and groans.*
Me: Um, mind helping me out here?
Alchema: Sure thing, AGM. *Runs off to find Xeno.*
Me: Where are you go- *Spell wears off. I faceplant.* -OW!

#5 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:14 PM

This topic was more meant to be fun and hypothetical - we will not be canonizing any worldhopping for the purposes of the RP for the time being, and if we ever do, it would be more likely to be people moving off Scadrial than on, and would only be approved for an experienced well established player by the admins.

Posted Image

#6 Abraxas MacGuile

Skaa

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

I know. Regardless, if MBI ever gets onto the ILP, I'm likely the culprit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xeno: Planeswalking. *Pins me to wall with Atavarr's Personal Gravitational Upset.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Hour Later....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Youll need to get a character accepted before you can start effecting the plot in even minor ways, let alone major ones like that. Id avoid getting ahead of yourself.

We already have 10 cycles with scheduled time jumps outlined, which will take the foreseeable future to complete.

Posted Image

#8 Abraxas MacGuile

Skaa

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:38 PM

The ILP defaults to non-canon, and I'm not even on the team ATM anyways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Hour Later....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users