The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

People, World, Universe (Hello?)

4 replies to this topic

#1 MikaYuu

Skaa

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

Hello Admins and others,

Please help me create a character. I am not completely sure about this system. Does the fact that my account says I'm a skaa have anything to do with the role I'm allowed to have?

Please Help,
Celaark Yumeeka (If I may sign my name that way)

#2 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:34 AM

Your account says you're a skaa because that's your reputation level. As you post more, people will upvote posts they like or thought were well-written, and your reputation level will change. The reputation titles are just for fun, so don't consider them anything serious or binding. In fact, many of them are quite silly references to events or characters within the RP! And as a welcome present, I'll give you your first upvote! :D

A good place to start is the navigation section of the sidebar. Make sure to read the rules, the FAQ, and the Character System Guide. We also have a Wanted Characters section listed there as well. The Wanted Characters aren't the only characters we accept, but it's a good place to start if you want some brainstorming ideas.

The main restrictions you need to know of are for new players. Currently we are not accepting Mistborn or Steel Inquisitor applications from new members; you must have at least one approved character to play these types. And the more you stick around and write with us, the more likely we are to accept your eventual Mistborn, should you want one! ^^

The easiest way to instantly get involved is to probably write a noble, since that's where most of our activity is right now. Keep in mind that there is no limit on how many characters you can have - you can write as many or as few as you want.

It's nice to meet you, don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 MikaYuu

Skaa

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Could you please check out this character of mine?

http://mistbornrpg.1...char&charid=243

Is this like what you are looking for? How do I get it accepted?

Also, how do you upload avatars, or include a signature?

-Celaark Yumeeka

#4 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

It looks like you're under the impression that MBI takes place during the events of Mistborn. This is actual a prequel RP, so Kelsier/Vin/Sazed/etc haven't been born yet. You'll want to check out the Rules, Story Thus Far, FAQ, and Character App threads to learn more about our setting and how to write and submit your character. I would recommend posting your app in the Workshop first to get some constructive feedback before submitting.

You should be able to add signatures and avatars in the Edit screen in the Characters tab on your user profile. You can also access your characters from your user dropdown menu. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Welcome here MikaYuu!

I'd basically echo what KChan said. Below, I'll post an explanation a gave to a new player recently on the topic of character creation, which includes some links to the pages that KChan has already mentioned.

MikaYuu, on 20 January 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Could you please check out this character of mine?

http://mistbornrpg.1...char&charid=243

Is this like what you are looking for? How do I get it accepted?

Also, how do you upload avatars, or include a signature?

-Celaark Yumeeka

While creating a character profile is important, the next step you should be focusing on (which is key to acceptance) is the character application that KChan mentioned ( you can find the link lower down in this post, or in the side bar. Review the rules, fill out the character application, and then we can get to work on getting your character integrated into the RP.

On thing I'd add to KChan's reccomendations is to check with players if you intend to write a character who is part of a noble house that already exists in the RP. For example, if you wanted to write an Venture or Elariel, it would probably be best to the discuss the character with KChan or I respectively before getting too far in to the character creation process.

Here's the promised post:

Comatose, on 16 January 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

RE: Character Creation:

I'll give you a general run down on how things work. To start, if you haven't already be sure to read the general Welcome Thread, and the Rules and Style Guide. Both contain helpful links for getting started (as does the sidebar, which you should see on your left hand side, just above the staff list).

Next, we have a list of both Wanted and Adoptable characters. The Wanted Characters are character types the staff would like to see more of. We haven't updated it in a while, so it might be a little out of date, but it will still be a good place to start. You can also check out some of the Adoptable Characters to see if one of the ideas there intrigues you. If one does, just contact the player who posted the adoptable character, and start planning out what you are going to do.

If you want to start from scratch, you can try posting a thread in the Plotting boards, and start brainstorming with everyone.

Then, once you are ready to start creating your character, check out the Character System Guide, and start setting up your character profile. Then, grab a Character Application, and start filling it out. If you are copy and pasting the Character App into a Word Document in order to work on it, just be sure to leave all of the code (the stuff in the square brackets) intact. Then, when you are ready to post, remember to flick the little light switch in the top left corner of the reply box before copy and pasting the code.

If you would like to post a Work-In-Progress Character application, post it in the Workshop so that other members can help you critique and workshop it. When you feel your character application is done, post it in the general Player Characters Board. The staff will then review it. Once two members of the staff give you a vote of approval, the character will be accepted and sorted into its proper sub-forum. Then you are free to start posting.

I hope that helps! Let me know if anything was confusing or raised any questions for you.

As for general character creation and integration, I'm always open to recruiting more Elariels, if you are interested in playing a Great House noble. Most other player houses are accepting new characters, just try to reach out to the player in charge. If you would like to play a skaa, Klyde is just starting a theiving crew, whereas Night has an established crew with a dominating presence in the Luthadel drug trade. I know Lanscaper is running a family of Skaa thieves, but I'm not sure if he's still accepting new characters. If you'd like to play a rebel, The Brothel rebellion cell is currently accepting new members as well (feel free to write a long time rebel, or a new recruit).

The Ministry is pretty dead right now, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend an Obligator as a first character, since there aren't many characters for you to interact with. If you have an exciting idea for an Obligator though, feel free to go to town, and we can work on integrating them into the RP. We don't have any In-House Obligators at the moment, so that might be a good avenue if you want to play a Ministry character.

As for my own characters, I think Moru was interested in playing Chella's new husband, but if she decides not to, that character would be up for adoption. I know Klyde's ex-wife Ariadne is still in the adopted Characters board, so she's an option too. I'm also working on a new character named Olivia Fathvell (her app is in the Workshop, but I'm not going to link it because I'm basically scrapping it and starting from scratch), who currently has an NPC husband who could become a PC if you are interested.

Also, here's the Face-Registry, if you want to pick an actor or model to be your character's Avatar.

I think that's it off the top of my head, let me know if you want more specific help :).

Anyways, I hope that helps. Let me know if you still have questions.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users