The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

There's a new Rebel in town

7 replies to this topic

#1 Amaren

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Calling all rebellion players (definitely the best way to convene such a secret meeting!):

I'd like to sign Genn up with the rebellion- not as a fighter, and even only as a reluctant thief. Combat skills are probably the most highly desired, but Genn's people skills, quick fingers and passion for creating art through tailoring may offer something a bit different to people who are good at hitting things (no offence intended to such people of course).

Over the past year, and especially the past few weeks, Gennar had noticed things changing. He had heard whispers of the mysterious happenings around the Casuana ball, that within Luthadel itself was a highly organised, and – if rumours could be believed – highly effective rebellion, forming to strike at the heart of noble culture. When Gennar first heard of this rebellion, he felt something he had not felt in a long time – hope. Hope that the shackles of noble rule could be thrown off, and that skaa would be free to live life on their own terms. However, this thought was countered by the thoughts of his previous ‘rebellion’ – one that involved the deaths of his friends and wife, and the shattering of his family. Whilst a part of Gennar desperately wanted to pitch in with this rebellion to fight the nobility, his self-critical assurance told him that he would only be a liability. Stealing small change and stale food from the bottom scrapings of the Luthadel nobility was one thing, but what could a weak coward who failed to protect his friends and loved ones do for the rebellion?

I think this final paragraph of Gennar's history would be a good place to start. He wouldn't exactly jump at the chance to spill some noble blood, but he's definitely in a place where he can come to realise his worth and overcome some of his cowardice in order to find a place in the team. Maybe this could be done through affiliation to some non-Rebellion criminal ring, or in a more freelance way.

If anyone can think of a character which would have fun interacting with our reluctant rebel, throw a suggestion down below!

Accepted Characters:

Gennar, Skaa Rebel Wannabe

W.I.P:

Erinelle Getrue, Noble Assassin

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

For rebel options, the obvious choice would be Lan's shop, I think. He could also join the Brothel Rebel Cell though, and perhaps find work mending clothing for the workers, and lifting valuables and objects of interests from the pockets of visiting nobles.

I'll keep thinking of ways to integrate him, but those are the two that jump out.

Posted Image

#3 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

I'd love to write with you- but I still don't have a character (and I'm starting with a "noble"). :(

#4 Amaren

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

Mora - Have no fear, I'm at the beginning of creating a Noble character! Perhaps we'll cross paths soon :)

Coma - I always had Lan's shop in mind as Genn's primary way into the Rebellion, although I feel that getting into the brothel cell would be easier short-term; I'm not too sure how freely skaa craftsmen are allowed to employ random people who wander in. Plus I think being in a brothel would make Genn somewhat uncomfortable, which could be pretty fun. Who would I speak to in order to arrange that?

Accepted Characters:

W.I.P:

#5 Mora

Sureau Assassin

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:30 AM

=) Sounds good, Amaren!

#6 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:39 AM

I think I'm as good as anyone. I'll chat with the rest of the staff and get back to you (or they can post here too haha).

Posted Image

#7 Amaren

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:20 PM

So in an attempt to resurrect Gennar and his involvement with the underground... What's going on with Lan's cell/shop front at the moment? What do you think would be a good way to get Genn involved?

Accepted Characters:

W.I.P:

#8 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

We are more active on Discord - if you hop on there you can discuss!

If you aren't there, I think KChan would be the person to talk to.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users