The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

character ties, possibly

kandra contract

4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowfax

Skaa

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

I'm extremely interested in playing a kandra. I want to take my app to the mods, but first would like to know if there are any PCs wanting a new contract with one. This would tie into my backstory and give me a reason for leaving the Homeland. the stronger backstory I make, the better I can make my application and hopefully that means I can get a kandra approved.

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Glad to see you are interested in creating a kandra. On the creating character connections front, you could do a couple different things. If you have a pretty solid idea of who your kandra is and are just looking for a contract, I know my character Felicity has a couple of contracts open and we have not met the kandra characters attached to them yet. She keeps an eye on pretty much everyone, so you could be pretty flexible in choosing a placement. I know that Deveaux and Elariel's kandra slots are taken (to my knowledge) but I'm pretty sure most other Great House Kandra haven't been mentioned, so as long as the player in charge is fine, you could probably attach a kandra character to their house.

If you are still developing a character, one thing to consider would be to adopt an existing NPC kandra. There are not many around, but I know I have two NPC kandra (JinJin and NeinSarr) who I might be willing to adopt out with the right proposal. JinJin is kind of limited in both characterization and interaction; but given Elariel's current political situation NeinSarr could be a fun choice. There's not much out there about him, so as long as you stay consistent with what has been written, you are good to go.

Hope that helps! If you have a particular house you'd like to be contracted to or infiltrating, let me know and I can give more specific suggestions.

EDIT: Before I forget, I believe Sureau's kandra is also not available to be played.

Posted Image

#3 Shadowfax

Skaa

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:09 PM

Took me a while, but I read through Felicity's page (well, not ALL the way to the end, but a very large portion of it, and I WILL finish it when I have more time) and she actually seems extremely well rounded and a good fit. She's old enough (haha! xD) to have plenty of contacts *everywhere*. I am interested in developing this further.

I would offer to adopt, but I'm kinda married to the name DarStel. Darsteller is the German word for actor (my family heritage is German, so I'm partial), and I think the abbreviated version works SO well for a kandra (and it's punny to me and I love punny :D). I'm thinking 6th generation (so around the same age as MeLaan during WoA). Young enough to be "new" to the world, old enough to have experienced some things. I can be 5th if the extra age is needed to take contracts in Luthadel but I think 6th would work. I haven't decided if my kandra is male or female yet. I'm not sure my kandra knows yet. We're still thinking about it.

I'm doing a read-through for a Reading Excuses critique atm, but once I'm done I'll start typing up a character sheet so we have more to go on than a few lines of text I've thrown here and there.

#4 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Sounds good! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Posted Image

#5 Shadowfax

Skaa

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:36 PM

I've put up the beginning of the character sheet. Still doing a lot of work in the background area, but I think I have his personality pretty well nailed down. He's also turned out identifying as male in True Body form, and sees himself as male, though he has imitated female form before, though not as eloquently. There will be a hilarious tidbit in his history section that covers that :D

I'm working in a word doc, so I'll update my forum post character sheet as I get more written up. If he's still a character you think Felicity would interact with as a kandra, it'd be nice if we could work out what his assignment is, who he's going to be and such so I can work it into his recent history.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users