The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

What a Fantastic Find!

TheBlueShifting Letters from the Cosmere Mistborn

1 reply to this topic

#1 TheBlueShifting

Skaa

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hello!

So I have been itching for a while to get into so RP. I used to play D&D all the time, and I've been missing it lately. I thought this was just going to be a place to meet up and play the table top Mistborn RP game, but this might work even better for me.

I have been writing books for years now, although nothing is published. I have however completed three novels, that I would consider publishing... Maybe. It depends on several factors. Regardless this would be a great place to keep up my skills and have fun at the same time.

I also am the creator of the YouTube series "Letters from the Cosmere" where I write fictional letters as a Worldhopper who reports on his experiences. The series is intended to be a foundation for newer Cosmere fans who want to understand the subtext between the novels, as well as theories and speculations about what we know. If you want a taste of my writing, take a look at those. (PS Just so you know, I asked for Brandon's permission to make the series)

I do have a couple questions:

1. How often do you want someone to post or update their characters to be considered "Active"? I'm pretty sure I can do at least once a week.
2. I have a couple ideas about characters and actions that they would be taking, but how do I start, do I just write a piece and go for it?
3. I don't mind writing characters that are not as popular. Just looking at your "characters wanted" list flooded me with ideas. Just let me know how I should implement them and I'll go to town. I feel that hero characters are great, but you need ordinary people, villains, and not so villains to make the world feel right.

Ill put in my first application as soon as possible, I have another Letters Episode coming out this weekend so I might wait until then to really dive in.

Looking forward to the story!
TheBlueShifting

A Cosmere Theorist... in Theory!

The creator of the "Letters from the Cosmere" YouTube series.

I sold my reason to a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add 2+2 and get a pickle.

Wayne from “Alloy of Law”

https://www.youtube....h?v=9T5Aw5rJ8nQ

#2 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Hello Blue Shifting!

I can't believe I missed this. I'm guessing I got distracted by your YouTube channel and then never got around to replying. My apologies.

Anyways, welcome here!

Answers to your questions:
1. People write at their own pace. I usually shoot for a post per week, but if you look at my current record I haven't had much time in months. It's more about being in communication with the people you write with and trying to involve yourself in scenes without becoming too busy.
2. I would check out the workshop and post your idea there (sorry no link. I'm on my phone).
3. If you see something in the wanted characters list (which may be slightly out of date) I'd say go for it! Write the character you want and we will assist you in making sure he or she is world ready.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to get back to you more promptly!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users